2000 Infiniti G

Based on 144 Ratings for the 1999 - 2002 models.

my best car over 45yrs of driving

By on Sunday, March 09, 2014

"very dependable,comfortable,quite,best sound sys,BOSE,great climate control,never had to check the air conditioner all these years & I do heating & air service"

bought this car used 10 years ago

By on Monday, February 24, 2014

"This car is reliable and doesn't ask for much. I have 236000 miles on it and continue to commute with it. I love it."

Best car I've ever owned

By on Thursday, January 23, 2014

Pros: "great value, comfortable, leather, bose, luxury"

Cons: "none, awesome car"

"This thing is reliable, never had any problems with it for about 6 years and it has been the perfect starter car for me. Great quality, great car, period."

GREAT CAR SMOOTH RIDE LOW MAINTENCE

By on Tuesday, November 05, 2013

Pros: "GREAT RIDE"

Cons: "HARD TO FIND SOME PART SENSORS LIGHT"

"GOOD RELIEABLE WORK CAR ON GAS AND RIDE , ALSO VERY CHEAP PARTS LIKE BULBS WIPERS BATTERY REPLACED NO MAJORS REPAIRED FRONT END GOOD RIDE"

Buy another one if Infiniti still imported them

By on Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Pros: "reliable with good gas mileage"

Cons: "can't find an old one to buy- no longer imported"

"what can I say.... very reliable car with good gas mileage. Of all my new cars that I have bought in 45 years... (7 or 8). this is the winner... bought it for a good price in 2000 with a reasonable warranty and extended warranty... not sure if I ever had to use it!!!! besides batteries, tires, and brakes... only had to get alternator!! Still on original exhaust system!!! OK ... not much power and turning radius stinks...."

Cons: "I found a cup holder that works. So none."

"I bought this car with 24 K on the odometer and now have 93K miles. The car has limitations, as far as engine performance, but what a bullet proof motor. This has been the least expensive car I have ever owned and I have owned many. I keep thinking I would like a new car, at some point, but then I find myself behind the wheel thinking, why? It drives that good!"

Cons: "I found a cup holder that works. So none."

Great on gas! Cheap to maintain!

By on Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Pros: "Price, easy maintenance, gas mileage, reliable"

Cons: "somewhat under powered, front cup holders suck"

Engine Bay. Easy To Work On.

"I have had this car for 2 years and have driven in all conditions. Mine is a 99' G20t 5-speed manual with over 216,000 miles on it. The previous owner sold it to me with a large stack of service records indicating it was well taken care of. Religious full synthetic oil changes have kept this engine running superb! The only things I have had to replace other than tires and a cracked windshield and regular maintenance, were the engine mounts, rear O2 sensor, and the clutch. Keep in mind, I replaced the ORIGINAL clutch at 205,000 miles! If driven correctly, the clutch can last a long time! I have been able to do all of the work myself (except for the clutch) with a few tools and some jack stands. The car is extremely easy to maintain and work on even though it is a compact engine compartment and front wheel drive. I have been able to change spark plugs, clean the air filter, clean the MAF sensor, etc, etc, without ever needing a special tool or getting my hand into a cramped place. As far as fixing things, it has been a breeze! Don't buy infiniti parts from the dealer or the infiniti parts websites if you don't have to. I find that NAPA and Amazon have had excellent parts for a fraction of the price. My only complaint is that the car is a little under powered and the cup holders just suck! It is a heavy car which means it is safer compared to others in its class, but the engine and transmission combo could have been better. It runs at higher RPM's on the highway and can have a little trouble off the line. It is extremely good at mid range handling and breaking is excellent. It is fun to slide a little on the ice and it does pretty well driving on it. It always starts in freezing temperatures. As far as fuel mileage, I average about 26 with 75% city, 25% highway. For mostly highway driving, I have been able to hit 31 average on numerous occasions, even with the car loaded with stuff for a 650 mile trip."

Engine Bay. Easy To Work On.

Great car!

By on Friday, February 01, 2013

Pros: "GREAT gas mileage"

Cons: "1 cup holder in front & 2 in rear,"

"I received my car a few years ago with close to 90,000 miles on it. The previous owner did not drive the car often and it was in great shape. My car is great on gas and remains a reliable car. This car can/has stood the test of time! Its a wonderfully made & durable car. Considering the age of this car it still runs great! I would recommend this car to anyone."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Infiniti G near Honolulu. See local deals