2000 Infiniti G

Based on 145 Ratings for the 1999 - 2002 models.

Great on gas! Cheap to maintain!

By on Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Pros: "Price, easy maintenance, gas mileage, reliable"

Cons: "somewhat under powered, front cup holders suck"

Engine Bay. Easy To Work On.

"I have had this car for 2 years and have driven in all conditions. Mine is a 99' G20t 5-speed manual with over 216,000 miles on it. The previous owner sold it to me with a large stack of service records indicating it was well taken care of. Religious full synthetic oil changes have kept this engine running superb! The only things I have had to replace other than tires and a cracked windshield and regular maintenance, were the engine mounts, rear O2 sensor, and the clutch. Keep in mind, I replaced the ORIGINAL clutch at 205,000 miles! If driven correctly, the clutch can last a long time! I have been able to do all of the work myself (except for the clutch) with a few tools and some jack stands. The car is extremely easy to maintain and work on even though it is a compact engine compartment and front wheel drive. I have been able to change spark plugs, clean the air filter, clean the MAF sensor, etc, etc, without ever needing a special tool or getting my hand into a cramped place. As far as fixing things, it has been a breeze! Don't buy infiniti parts from the dealer or the infiniti parts websites if you don't have to. I find that NAPA and Amazon have had excellent parts for a fraction of the price. My only complaint is that the car is a little under powered and the cup holders just suck! It is a heavy car which means it is safer compared to others in its class, but the engine and transmission combo could have been better. It runs at higher RPM's on the highway and can have a little trouble off the line. It is extremely good at mid range handling and breaking is excellent. It is fun to slide a little on the ice and it does pretty well driving on it. It always starts in freezing temperatures. As far as fuel mileage, I average about 26 with 75% city, 25% highway. For mostly highway driving, I have been able to hit 31 average on numerous occasions, even with the car loaded with stuff for a 650 mile trip."

Engine Bay. Easy To Work On.

one of the best cars ive owned

By on Thursday, October 06, 2011

Pros: "handles nice. extremely reliable"

Cons: "cup holder design only really holds a can. . and doesnt even hold it well"

"comfortable car. and inexpensive to fix. being a mechanic i was suprised at how few this car has had. infact in the 20k i have owned this far i have only done maitenance to it. brakes tires and struts we all i replaced. i love the car it handles great gas mileage is great as well. i would def recommend this car to anyone considering one. nissan makes great automobiles(this coming from a honda-lover)."

Best car I've ever owned

By on Friday, August 24, 2007

"I've had my share of cars. Volkswagon,BMW,Isuzu.etc. This car has taken me everywhere with no problems.Long trips/Short trips, you name it. Very nice reliable car with luxury without spending 20 or even 30 thousand dollars. I bought it in 01 and I'm still going. If I do upgrade it will be the G35..because I can't get enough of it. My husband bought his own car ; an E320 Mercedes ;and he says he misses driving this one. (that should tell you right there).If your looking for a good looking ;not in the garage;reliable car for a good price..you definately found it in this one."

great car

By on Tuesday, March 08, 2011

"Great small car. comfortable, dependable. I have 250,000 on it and it still runs like new. Only complaint in 9 years of ownership: lousy cup holder design, only holds a short cup."

Good car

By on Thursday, September 04, 2008

"I bought this car 4 years ago and love it. I have the '02 5 speed and I love the handling around corners. No major problems, just the usual brakes, tires, etc. Although I do have to say that this car eats tires, every year at inspection I need a new set. Mechanic says it is because of the tow & camper system the car has...whatever that means, but it doesnt have a normal alignment like other cars have. Cup holder sucks as everyone says, but i get by. Love the leather, 6 cd bose, and power features. With gas at $4/gal the 30mpg's are great! The only other complain I may have his that the back seat is rather small, adults have to squeeze in, and if you have kids -child seats are a struggle in the back. Great car for hauling 2 passengers!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Infiniti G near Honolulu. See local deals