2013 Infiniti FX Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $54,083 - $57,532.

Invoice N/A

10/6.9

Based on 58 Ratings for the 2009 - 2013 models.

Luxury cross-over that acts like a race car!

By on Monday, October 20, 2014

Pros: "Acceleration, handling, comfort, camera system"

Cons: "Funky bluetooth interaction with iPhone"

"I have driven my FX35 for three years. My wife and I liked it from the very first drive till today. She drives it like the luxury vehicle it is. I love to drive it like a Porsche 911. Positives: It has everything I want - merge on to freeway fast, handling to maneuver through traffic and feeling safe. I drive it to the store and to Lake Tahoe at night in snow. I love it. The camera system is a special treat for people who want to back into tight spots or parallel park. Similar to other cars, there are four cameras. They are mounted on the front grill, under handle of the tail gate, and below side mirrors. This arrangement and the viewing software in the navigation system give it two unique features. I can describe the functionality but not the feeling. You have to try it to understand it. Really! 1. When you put the car in reverse, you see a split screen on the navigation screen - one pane shows behind the car; the other a 360 view of the surroundings with the car in the middle. Imagine you are a bird hovering directly above the car looking down. 2. The pane showing what's happening behind the car shows what is there and more. It shows you what where you'll end up and how based on how you steer! There are markers on the screen that show your projected path. The path changes as you steer. You don't have to guess if you'll hit the curb, clear a car, pole, or hedge. it took my wife and I a few seconds to get used to the camera system. She quickly adapted and relied on it on her second or third drive. I adapted slower because I insisted on using side and read view mirrors - I still do once in a while, but have really converted. Coolest thing about this was when my cousin noticed it. They drove up with their Q5 from L.A. for thanks giving last year. On a quick run to grocery store, I back out of the garage and he asked how does it do that? i simply explained the bird's eye view. Driver and passenger seats have heating and cooling functionality. Negatives: The blue tooth interface between iPhone and the sound/nav system. The software is funky! It let's you pair your iPhone as a blue tooth audio playback device or phone. Can't use blue tooth for both!!! What? That's right. This problem is fixed in software of newer model G series. However, the software fix isn't available for FX or older models. Awkward work around: 1. Pair the iPhone as a blue tooth phone device and connect it using the USB port for music! 2. The opposite. Pair the iPhone as a blue tooth playback device and connect it to USB port for phone. or 3. don't pair it to blue tooth. Connect it to USB port. This way you can use it for either purpose. Problem with 1 and 2 is that if you place or receive a call the system won't mute the music play back that's in progress. All works well in 3. But isn't this frustrating? The sideview mirror housing is too large and creates blind spots for shorter people!! My wife is 5'-0". She has to adjust the seat all the way up and as close to steering wheel as possible to see what's happening around front quarter panels. Rattling noises from sun roof and rear compartment."

One of the best cars I've ever owned.

By on Friday, October 10, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive. handles well at high speed"

Cons: "Air leak in drivers window dealership couldn't fix"

"Goes great in snow and will get up and go when needed."

best combination car of luxury and performance

By on Sunday, July 13, 2014

Pros: "power, paddle shifting fun, handling excellent"

Cons: "tire noise"

"My FX35 is an incredible sports/luxury car with no mechanical problems and even will average 22 mpg driven freeways 72-74 mph. Accessories like AC seats, paddle manual/auto rev shifting and 7 speed trans really amazing."

Awesome for what it is!

By on Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Pros: "Performance and features for the $"

Cons: "None for me"

"Living in Miami and being a father of 2 children I was forced to make a decision on a new purchase. I am pretty extreme... meaning if I drive a car it is sports car. My idea of a sports car is 2 seats and no space. If not I prefer a full size 4x4 pickup. Well, 2 kids and the sports car is out and wife is sick of my trucks. What is left? The sportiest SUVish kinda vehicle. I spent a year searching for what would work for me. Something with mass luxury, serious acceleration, and good road holding abilities. I opted out of a family car for the low height (or low view) on the road. In Miami or any major city I think it is a necessity to see more than just the tail of the car in front of you. I like to watch 5-10 cars ahead. I drove the X6, RX, the new LR Evoque, and the ML. For the money none could match the options and performance of the FX37. I got the limited edition so it has some cool features and beautiful paint. Of course beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Some love the FX others hate the styling. I really like!! The Limited Edition came with the 21" wheels which I love, but be warned it does increase the ride stiffness even more. It doesn't bother me one bit, but I know many reviews complain about the stiff ride. If any of you think the way I do I recommend at least giving it a test drive."

One of the best vehicles I've ever owned

By on Saturday, June 21, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, love the navigation"

Cons: "No personal space"

"I've wanted an FX for a long time. Last year I finally got one. The car is fantastic to drive. I particularly like the voice activated features. This car actually understand me when I speak Okie! The fuel mileage could probably be better but let's be honest, nobody buys this car for mpg. The only real complaint I have is the same with all smaller vehicles today, there is nowhere to put anything! My purse has to go in back if I have a passenger and forget having a place to dump change or other odds and ends. Aside from that, drive and enjoy!"