• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2009 Infiniti FX

Based on 62 Ratings for the 2009 - 2013 models.

Fun to drive

By on Friday, March 27, 2015

"Great all around car.Not real good in snow even though it is awd."

Always felt secure driving an Infiniti, any model

By on Thursday, March 12, 2015

"Have driven an Infiniti since 1990. This is my 4th Infiniti. Have never had any problems."

Reliability and Performance in one Great Package

By on Friday, January 23, 2015

Pros: "Great performance, high tech!"

Cons: "Not cheap, average gas economy"

"I’m a second time FX owner (03-FX45, 12-FX-35). I have loved both of my FX’s, possibly too much if you ask my significant other. My 03 FX45 was the original bionic cheetah and set the stage for all the imitators to follow - the BMW X6, the Audi Q5, Porsche Cayenne, etc, and that list is growing. Its combination of originality, bold lines and the baddest power plant anywhere made it a winner that was hard to part with, even at well over 100K miles. As a testimony to its design, my 03 still looked fresh and cutting edge to the eye eight years into its production run and even up to now. An instant classic. Speaking of classic and competition, my car rarely sound the inside of the dealership for service. I can’t recall a single non-routine repair visit in all my years of ownership. It just worked without complaint or stumble. From what I understand that could not be said for the BMWs and Audi’s of the world. I never owned a BMW SUV but have owned BMWs before and my experience with Infiniti was head and shoulders above BMW service. My current FX35 continues that reliability and originality, though it has been chromed up a bit more than I would prefer. It gives up a little in go power from the FX45, as I went from a big V8 to the V6 in the FX35. But the ride is much improved - the FX45 had a very, very firm ride - and the technology in the new generation FX35 is amazing. The all-around camera, the Bluetooth, the Navigation System, and on, it just flat out is everything needed and wanted today. I don’t see how I could have managed without all that technology before and it sets the benchmark for all other SUVs in its class. My service location and warranty work have been exceptional - one for the single visit I had to make for a minor part and two for the friendly customer service for my routine maintenance visits. Negatives? Fuel economy could be better. Entrance/egress from the aggressively curved back doors - though I don’t ride back there so not a big deal for me ;-) One comment on prestige...yes, Infiniti does not have the cachet of BMW or Porsche. But that also means you avoid the snob factor associated with those brands...and the smug satisfaction that you bought a superior, more reliable vehicle for less money and better performance. All in all I could not have made a better purchase. If I had to do it all over again I would, except I would opt for the larger 3.7 of 2013 and beyond. A no-brainer purchase."

Reliable , fast and dependable

By on Thursday, January 08, 2015

"Outstanding power and performance but with the 20 inch tires it does ride rough. Would rather have 18 or 19 inch wheels to soften the ride. Wish it had some features from some of my European cars, ie, does not have auto windshield wipers( this should be standard on a car of this price, my Mini cooper has this and so did my Volvos), also turn signals need the auto 3 bink function and a feature like on my volvo that had the pocket on the front of the seat , all cars should have this. Also should have auto feature to lay the rear seats down like comes on the Nissan Murano it cheaper sister. Otherwise its an excellent car ."

Luxury cross-over that acts like a race car!

By on Monday, October 20, 2014

Pros: "Acceleration, handling, comfort, camera system"

Cons: "Funky bluetooth interaction with iPhone"

"I have driven my FX35 for three years. My wife and I liked it from the very first drive till today. She drives it like the luxury vehicle it is. I love to drive it like a Porsche 911. Positives: It has everything I want - merge on to freeway fast, handling to maneuver through traffic and feeling safe. I drive it to the store and to Lake Tahoe at night in snow. I love it. The camera system is a special treat for people who want to back into tight spots or parallel park. Similar to other cars, there are four cameras. They are mounted on the front grill, under handle of the tail gate, and below side mirrors. This arrangement and the viewing software in the navigation system give it two unique features. I can describe the functionality but not the feeling. You have to try it to understand it. Really! 1. When you put the car in reverse, you see a split screen on the navigation screen - one pane shows behind the car; the other a 360 view of the surroundings with the car in the middle. Imagine you are a bird hovering directly above the car looking down. 2. The pane showing what's happening behind the car shows what is there and more. It shows you what where you'll end up and how based on how you steer! There are markers on the screen that show your projected path. The path changes as you steer. You don't have to guess if you'll hit the curb, clear a car, pole, or hedge. it took my wife and I a few seconds to get used to the camera system. She quickly adapted and relied on it on her second or third drive. I adapted slower because I insisted on using side and read view mirrors - I still do once in a while, but have really converted. Coolest thing about this was when my cousin noticed it. They drove up with their Q5 from L.A. for thanks giving last year. On a quick run to grocery store, I back out of the garage and he asked how does it do that? i simply explained the bird's eye view. Driver and passenger seats have heating and cooling functionality. Negatives: The blue tooth interface between iPhone and the sound/nav system. The software is funky! It let's you pair your iPhone as a blue tooth audio playback device or phone. Can't use blue tooth for both!!! What? That's right. This problem is fixed in software of newer model G series. However, the software fix isn't available for FX or older models. Awkward work around: 1. Pair the iPhone as a blue tooth phone device and connect it using the USB port for music! 2. The opposite. Pair the iPhone as a blue tooth playback device and connect it to USB port for phone. or 3. don't pair it to blue tooth. Connect it to USB port. This way you can use it for either purpose. Problem with 1 and 2 is that if you place or receive a call the system won't mute the music play back that's in progress. All works well in 3. But isn't this frustrating? The sideview mirror housing is too large and creates blind spots for shorter people!! My wife is 5'-0". She has to adjust the seat all the way up and as close to steering wheel as possible to see what's happening around front quarter panels. Rattling noises from sun roof and rear compartment."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Infiniti FX near Honolulu. See local deals