2004 Infiniti FX

Based on 294 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

autobahn killer

By on Tuesday, October 9, 2007

"The Infiniti FX 35 with sport pkg. (20' tires, stiffer suspension and monster brakes-see nissan 350Z) is a close second to the Porsche Cayenne for about $30,000 less! Performance like no other crossover on the market for the price. Handles like it's on rails, easily beats those beemers (X5) and most sports cars out there, including the 350Z it's based on. A little hard to park in some cases, but you can get over it."

drives great, has a hard ride.

By on Friday, July 6, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, looks awesome"

Cons: "rough ride, not cheap to fix"

"the fx is great to drive, its fun,fast, sounds great and gets decent gas milage. but because it handles so well, it rides rough. however, like my other (previous) nissan (murano), with less than 100,000 miles it needed tie rods, and the rear door locks quit working, not cheap. it well never let me down, or nothing major will break, but nissan needs to sweat all the details. goofy things breaking that my toyota wouldn't even dream about doing."

Fantastic ride

By on Friday, October 19, 2007

"This is a car that should be understood before it is purchased. It is a true crossover, so the buyer should understand what that means. This is a sports car with SUV features and is made to be driven and enjoyed. My prior car was a 1995 Jaguar XJS convertible that I truly enjoyed but I certainly did not "come down" to my FX45! I have had no maintenance issues in 3 1/2 years, great dealership that has taken very good care of me when it has gone in for its normal scheduled maintenance. I love this car!"

Fun little SUV--beware blind spots

By on Thursday, April 24, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, good bang for the buck"

Cons: "Semi-uncomfortable, blind spots."

"I bought this car and immediately drove 3000 miles to Alaska. It handled beautifully in the areas with snow; the traction control and all wheel drive made it possible for me to go the speed limit (or just below) in areas with packed snow. Considering it was only me and I don't own very much stuff, I was able to comfortably sleep in the back with both seats down. That being said, I've never had to sit in the back seat, but it doesn't look overly comfortable--the seats are extremely rigid and I would say that there isn't a ton of leg room behind the driver/passenger seats. I do find it a bit tricky to do city driving in this rig, as the blind spots are really noticeable. It keeps me on my toes and has me triple checking everywhere before I do anything."

Buy this

By on Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Pros: "Stylish, fast, ergonomic, great stereo, reliable"

Cons: "Gas mileage, road noise"

"I purchased my 2004 FX in 2006 with 39,000 miles on the odo. Over the last 100k miles this vehicle has never let me down. Quick, fast, easy to drive, reliable, stylish, fun... I'm running out of adjectives here. MPG is 19 in mixed driving, slightly more expensive to insure than a Porche Cayenne (but quicker!), has five seatbelts but it's really a four-seater. The back seats fold perfectly flat and will accomodate 6-foot 2X4's. The road noise at highway speed is really bad, but I bought mid-level tires so that's probably on me. If you find one that has dealership maintenance records then you've found a winner. I've had some repairs (two rack/pinions at $1000 each, valve covers at $700/each, mass air flow sensor @ $300, plus regular maint.) The paint is still fresh even with the hot Phoenix sun baking it for 8 years and 145,000 miles. I will keep this car as long as I can. Love it!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Infiniti FX near Honolulu. See local deals