2005 Hyundai XG350

Based on 249 Ratings for the 2002 - 2005 models.

Fun and roomy, but has quirks.

By on Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Pros: "fun and responsive, plenty of space"

Cons: "some parts made with sup-par quality (idler)"

"I can say I am completely pleased with this car. While not ecstatic it is a very good car, i have had it for three years, and have taken it to the shop four times, once right after i bought it for a full tuneup and look over (just to be safe). second was because of a rattling coming from the engine (turns out its the idler pulley, cheap to replace, but wears out every couple of years. i think they used bushings instead of bearings for it), third because i thought it was a problem with the transmission not shifting up while going up hill, even though i would get to a respectable rpm, turns out the transmission has a rudimentary "ai" that learns based on your driving style. and fourth because the throttle body became gummed up after the introduction of this new ethanol fuel (it does NOT like ethanol, and ive had to switch to kangaroo because they are the only ones left around where i live who still carry non-e. other than that i have to say it is a great little car, and my only other qualm is if you are a bigger person who is also tall the center console will get on your nerves a bit by pressing into your knee (not from the front but from the side), but i have lost quite a bit of weight and the problem has gone away (was 6' 3" 400lbs now 6' (collapsed discs) 315 lbs). i wont put ethanol on the cons list because the car was built before ethanol was being produced, but be on the lookout for it"

Love my 2005 XG350. Triple black.

By on Wednesday, November 06, 2013

Pros: "beautiful lines - still looks like a "new" car."

Cons: "AM radio is not so great."

"This is the best vehicle I have ever owned. Mileage is 204,000+ and still going strong. Wherever I drive, people stop to ask me about the vehicle. My XG350 has a "rag" roof with rivets like a convertible. I have never seen another like it in all of the states that my husband and I drive through. It is comfortable for long trips ---like driving your most comfy couch on a trip!! Such a shame they don't make this model any longer. Maybe my next Hyundai will be the Genesis (4 doors)?"

XG350

By on Wednesday, May 11, 2011

"Purchased this car new. Now have 92,450 Other than putting on new tires the vehicle has not given me any problems. Change the oil every 6000-7000 miles and off the races. No problems to report. Lately have been driving the car 60 miles per hour in 65 zone and watch my starting and stopping more closely an average over 27 miles per gallon. Hope to keep this vehicle wth all the toys for another 4 years, approximately 45,000-65,000 miles. My wife also has a 2005 Sonota with only 62,000 miles on it and by the time my car is put ot to pasture we will then use my wifes car. Can and do recommend not only this car but any vehicles from Hyundai great vehicles"

All the class at half the cost.

By on Friday, December 02, 2011

Pros: "Comfort, style, amenities for the price, gas MPG"

"Excellent, smooth, comfortable ride. MPG averages 24-26. Interior and amenities are class, with a cost that seemed improbable when compared to similar vehicles with the same features. Other than normal maintenance (oil changes, tires, etc.), there have been no problems. Whether on short or long trips, the ride is consistently smooth and comfortable. Interior space fits 5 adults, well, with plenty of leg and head room."

love this car!!!!

By on Friday, September 30, 2011

Pros: "great price for included amenties and great mechanical reliability!!!"

Cons: "cheap batteries installed ( ALL Hyundai's have them!) cheap paint job"

"Besides the too soft suspension system this car looks, drives and feels like a full size luxury car ala Lincoln Continental level."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Hyundai XG350 near Honolulu. See local deals