2012 Hyundai Veracruz

Based on 159 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

GREAT CAR

By on Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Pros: "HANDLE WELL,GOOD ON GAS GREAT RIDE"

Cons: "SEAT FOR TALL PEOPLE"

"I WAS AT DEALER LOOKING AT NEW CARS AND WHILE WAITING FOR SALESMEN TO COME BACK I WALKED AROUND USED CAR LOT BOY I'AM GLADE I DID..ISAW THIS VERA CRUZ,IT LOOKED GOOD AND HAD EVERYTHING WE WANTED.IT JUST CAME BACK FROM A LEASE,WITH ONLY 26000 MILES ON IT.THAT WAS IN 2011, WE STILL HAVE IT NOW WITH 54500 MILES. IT RIDES GREAT AND HANDLES JUST AS GOOD AS SOME BMW'S THAT I DROVE,THIRD ROW SEAT HELPFUL WHEN TAKING GRANDKIDS OUT. ONLY PROBLEM FOR ME IS,I'AM 6'1" WISH THE DRIVER SEAT WENT BACK ALITTLE FARTHER FOR LONG DRIVES. ONLY PROBLEMWE HAD WITH CAR ITSELF WAS RUBBER MOLDING ON DRIVERS DOOR. IT YOU FINE ONE BUY IT !!! THEY STOPED MAKING THEM ,AND PUT A THIRD ROW SEAT IN THE SANTA-FE, BUT THEY ARE NOT SA NICE"

Very pleased

By on Wednesday, January 07, 2015

Pros: "Handles well. Comfortable ride. Acceptable MPG's"

Cons: "Gasket design flaw"

"Bought this vehicle with around 50K on it. Needed a vehicle that could fit 6+ and this fit the bill. Comfortable ride with a quiet. The 3.8L is a smooth and powerful engine. Interior is modern with a touch of class. Well thought out with storage everywhere. Other than normal maintenance, I've only had a few problems. 1. shortly after I bought it I had to replace both rear bearings. 2. Due to a gasket design flaw, (Hyundai has just formally recognized the issue) oil would leak out onto alternator. this caused me to have to replace both. Other than that averaging about 20mpg in mixed driving. Would I buy this car again? In a heartbeat."

Excellent vehicle that compared favorably with RX

By on Monday, August 11, 2014

Pros: "size, roominess, electronics, sliding 2nd seat"

Cons: "SE model should have had power passenger seat"

"Third seat feature and second seat room that compared favorably to all other competitors in the class drew us to consider the Veracruz, now named Santa Fe; and the price and friendliness of the dealer staff sold us. Maintenance experience has been excellent for 7 years to include two small warranty claims that were handled quickly."

Very satisfied with my vehicle. Very comfortable

By on Tuesday, July 29, 2014

"The Vera cruz is a very comfortable ride with good performance. The sound system is very good. Gas mileage is so-so."

By on Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Pros: "Safe, reliable, few service needs-a hardy car,"

Cons: "no auxiliary Jack/usb, Been discontinued"

"This car compares favorably with my old Murano. It carries an immense amount and is very versatile. The 2nd row splits so you can transport something quite long and still have room for someone to sit in the 2nd row. I like the option of a 3rd row even though I haven't used it a whole lot. The display is fine-can't figure out the point of the "blue mood light" but it adds whimsy. The car has been reliable. Since I got it used I only had warranty up to 60K but I'm now at 100K and has had almost no service needs. It gets better gas millage than I expected-better than my Murano had. The odd thing is that it gets the same milage in stop and go driving and on long drives at 65-don't get that. It is about 21mpg regardless of what I do. It gives a quiet ride. An annoyance is that it does not have a simple Auxiliary Jack/usb but it has plenty of lighter/plugs. The ride is very comfortable in the first and second row. The 3rd lacks leg room but is better than most 3rd rows. Frankly I prefer the upright position of the driving seat in the Murano than the seat of the Vericruz. I had many more problems with the Murano than the Vericruz. Even though the warrany for 2nd owners is not quite as good as it is for 1st owners it is as good as any other new car. The new Hyundai's have amazing warranties. Driving the Veracruz is a mixed bag. No, it does not accelerate like a sports care but it is not sluggish either. It has a surprisingly small turning radius. It is a very heavy car. I drive a lot so I wanted a very safe car. I have tested this feature. I had a car merge onto a lane I was in without noticing me-which made have to move the left except that there was a car in the left lane. Ultimately I brushed the car on the left-with little damage to either car. The bigger test was when someone rammed into my car while I was stopped at a light. He was driving a truck. My car barely moved. I've also driven the car a lot in snow and ice-on I81 in snowy Syracuse. It drives very well when other vehicles are sliding about on the road. I guess the weight plus the all wheel drive allows it to handle the very worst weather. So, all in all, I am very pleased. I've driven it for 70K and it shows no signs of age. It seems new. The only oddity to me relates to why Hyundai kept the Vericruz such a secret. They never promoted it so it did not get great sales. They have since D/C it in favor of wider options on the Santa Fe."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Hyundai Veracruz near Honolulu. See local deals