2010 Hyundai Veracruz

Based on 170 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

Big Bang for your Buck!

By on Saturday, December 17, 2011

Pros: "Price, options, looks like a Lexus"

Cons: "They skimped on the body so easily dents, dings"

"We had never heard of this car when we were shopping for a crossover for our growing family. We were testing the Ford and Nissan models and not falling in love with either when our dealer salesman introduced us to this. We immediately were smitten with the look, price and the included options and especially that we were able to get the limited edition with all the bells and whistles for the same price as a standard crossover from the other manufacturers. So now, three years later, how has the vehicle withstood it's love at first sight status? Pretty darn well. Overall it's still keeping us riding in style and comfort but you don't get all that car for so little money without a few trade-offs. Here's where the vehicle falls short: The exterior paint and body.... It dings and scratches easily. Either we are a magnet for careless door flingers or there's more to it than that. I think the paint job and body resistance is a lower quality than you are going to find on a Ford, Nissan, Toyota, etc. Second, the gas mileage on the sticker was way off. It stated we could expect 18 to 24. I have seen 22 ONCE when we traveled across the country (highway, minimal stopping, low wind, etc) Other than that, I'm averaging about 17 on a good day. 18 if I've been on the highway a lot. I think that issue has been resolved in recent years though as the government put restrictions on how the cars could be tested for mileage standards. Lastly, the steering column is supposed to have a memory that you can set and I am consistently having issues with it "forgetting". But with a ridiculously long warranty period I'm not worried about that either. So overall, it's a great car and the price makes it's nuances bearable. Still happy with the purchase and wondering why I don't see more on the road?"

Choppy empty but rides like a limo with 4+ pass.

By on Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Pros: "Fuel, cargo, reliability"

Cons: "still a big SUV clunkiness in maneuvers"

"Easily handles 20+ bags of mulch or 6 --7 passengers. Fuel economy for a beast this size is good at 22 mpg combined--and I do not baby this vehicle. Better than my 99 Honda CRV and carries much more cargo or people. It has enough hp to hold with the best of them on NJ highways. Comfortable for an SUV--no high end Mercedes or Land Rover comfort or even loaded Explorer but beats an Equinox hands down. Sound system, heat/AC good and it has plenty of electronics charger outlets."

Great Value

By on Saturday, April 18, 2009

"I went to my 2008 Veracruz from a Cadillac DeVille, and will state catagorically that the Hyundai has far more features and build quality. I got my 2008 at invoice, plus a $6000 rebate, so it went from a 29K car to a 21K car, which is phenominal. Car looks great except for cheap looking Hyundai logo, hope they update it soon. Was suprised the six speed transmission did not deliver higher road milage, I am getting around 21 driving 70 mph, and l6 in town. Very nicely engineered and constructed car, and I feel confident with the warranty situation. This car reminds me of where Toyota was around l990. A screaming deal !!"

THE BEST SUV OF THREE

By on Saturday, March 1, 2008

"WE HAD A JEEP GRAND LIMITED, THEN A GMC ENVOY SLT THE SAME AS LIMITED. TRADED FOR THE HYUNDAI VERACRUZ LIMITED.THE ENVOY HAD MORE BELLS AND WHISTLES THEN WE COULD EVER USE. THE HYUNDAI HAS ALOT ALSO. AND WE USE THEM. THE HYUNDAI IS A NICE SUV WE ARE GLAD WE HAVE IT. MY ONLY PROBLEM NOT MY WIFES IS THE NOISE FROM FRONT AND REAR SUSPENSION WHEN YOU GO OVER BUMPS LIKE ON A WASHBOARD ROAD OR FROST HEAVES ,ETC IT COULD USE BETTER SUSPENSION. GAS MILEAGE 16/23 THAT ABOVE MY ENVOY 12/16 ITHINK I'AM GOING TO LIKE IT. YOU CANNOT BEAT THE WARRANTY."

Great Vehicle

By on Friday, August 17, 2012

Pros: "Good Price, Great Ride, Stops on a dime."

Cons: "Driver needs to be small; Sound is weak."

"2nd Hyundai vehicle. This was the first SUV for the family. Rides smooth and has plenty of power with the engine. I love the 4 disc brakes. Stops on a dime. The powertrain warranty can not be beat. Now the cons. Drivers seat does not move back far enough. Drivers over 6 foot will have a hard time getting into a comforatble position for a long trip. Car is made for a woman body size. 5' 10" or lower. 2nd - Speaker system in the car, is spotty. Quality front speakers for the driver and passenger, but absolutly zero sound in the back for passengers. I think they could add more sound in the back in places. Hopefully, the newer models will. Great Car. You will enjoy the ride and power for the $$ spent."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Hyundai Veracruz near Honolulu. See local deals