2007 Hyundai Veracruz

Based on 165 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

Big Bang for your Buck!

By on Saturday, December 17, 2011

Pros: "Price, options, looks like a Lexus"

Cons: "They skimped on the body so easily dents, dings"

"We had never heard of this car when we were shopping for a crossover for our growing family. We were testing the Ford and Nissan models and not falling in love with either when our dealer salesman introduced us to this. We immediately were smitten with the look, price and the included options and especially that we were able to get the limited edition with all the bells and whistles for the same price as a standard crossover from the other manufacturers. So now, three years later, how has the vehicle withstood it's love at first sight status? Pretty darn well. Overall it's still keeping us riding in style and comfort but you don't get all that car for so little money without a few trade-offs. Here's where the vehicle falls short: The exterior paint and body.... It dings and scratches easily. Either we are a magnet for careless door flingers or there's more to it than that. I think the paint job and body resistance is a lower quality than you are going to find on a Ford, Nissan, Toyota, etc. Second, the gas mileage on the sticker was way off. It stated we could expect 18 to 24. I have seen 22 ONCE when we traveled across the country (highway, minimal stopping, low wind, etc) Other than that, I'm averaging about 17 on a good day. 18 if I've been on the highway a lot. I think that issue has been resolved in recent years though as the government put restrictions on how the cars could be tested for mileage standards. Lastly, the steering column is supposed to have a memory that you can set and I am consistently having issues with it "forgetting". But with a ridiculously long warranty period I'm not worried about that either. So overall, it's a great car and the price makes it's nuances bearable. Still happy with the purchase and wondering why I don't see more on the road?"

Finally a Keeper!!

By on Sunday, July 05, 2015

Pros: "no issues to fix,reliable,spacious andgreat on gas"

Cons: "small quirky stuff... see above for details"

"After owning a lemon (Buick Rainer) I came on Kellys to find a nice replacement car for my family. After researching for hours, days and weeks. Nothing compared to the reviews of the Hyundai's Veracruz; almost 2yrs later all the hype has rung true. Its a great SUV, not fancy or flashy but reliable and fits the needs of my family as well as our pockets :) Pros: no issues to fix, reliable, spacious and great on gas Cons: child window lock (clocks all windows except driver, even driver cant put them up or down until unlocked), cant charge cell in the AC adapter unless the car is running but dome lights will stay on and not turn off automatically. small quirky stuff"

best suv on road

By on Saturday, July 12, 2014

Pros: "comfortable to drive"

"Over 92000 miles and very little trouble, had a head casket go, but taken care of by dealer. Have been cross country with it 7 times and drives like a champ. Sorry that they discontinued this model."

Choppy empty but rides like a limo with 4+ pass.

By on Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Pros: "Fuel, cargo, reliability"

Cons: "still a big SUV clunkiness in maneuvers"

"Easily handles 20+ bags of mulch or 6 --7 passengers. Fuel economy for a beast this size is good at 22 mpg combined--and I do not baby this vehicle. Better than my 99 Honda CRV and carries much more cargo or people. It has enough hp to hold with the best of them on NJ highways. Comfortable for an SUV--no high end Mercedes or Land Rover comfort or even loaded Explorer but beats an Equinox hands down. Sound system, heat/AC good and it has plenty of electronics charger outlets."

Most satisfying car I've ever owned

By on Saturday, September 01, 2012

Pros: "Value, safety, comfort"

Cons: "Really nothing comes to mind for the price"

"This has been, by far, the most satisfying car I have ever owned. We looked carefully for a crossover in 2007 and compared them all. This vehicle had the most to offer for the money regarding comfort, safety, and ride. We haven't been disappointed. While all vehicles we looked at were a bit small for my 6'5" frame, it fit the best. We've only had one need for service (which was fixed under warranty) and our only complaint was a problem early on with adjustment of the high beams, which was resolved when the dealer removed a harness that coupled the high and low beam adjustments. Just replaced the original Michelin's. The finish on the plastic steering wheel controls has worn off now, but otherwise, everything looks the way it did when we bought it, adjusting for expected wear and tear. We paid about $31,000 for nearly top of the line and paid it off this year. I have to admit, this was our first foreign purchase and we felt guilty, but US quality was not what it appears to be today."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Hyundai Veracruz near Honolulu. See local deals