2015 Hyundai Veloster Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,051 - $22,582.

7.9

Based on 98 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

Reliable Sporty Eye Catching

By on Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Pros: "Sporty, eye catch, all weather car."

Cons: "NAV maps"

V at the the lake.

"I bought my 2013 26.2 yellow nav package mannual Dec 2012. I have 31,000 miles on it. I live in Iowa along the Mississippi river. Winters can be harsh. Summers hot and humid. The seasons can destroy a car all on its own. I drive this car as my work car daily. So it was important to be reliable. The V has been very reliable to me. On average I get 32-34 city. 37-40 highway. Mileage depends heavily on the octane of gas. This car hates 87 octane with ethanol. Actually mileage is lower with any ethanol gas. You want high mileage. Run 91+ octane fuel. I burn 91 or 93 octane no ethanol. It makes a significant difference in performance. I request a manual transmission. It a very sporty looking car. I also like the control over shift points. Shifting also makes a difference. Ignore the shift points on the dash. They are set for economy driving. Not performance. We have high bluffs, rolling hills, river valleys and winding roads here. Its a blast to drive out in the country. This is were the manual comes to roost. I love it. I cross the Mississippi river daily. The ramp is steep on the bridge. This bridge sees 80,000 vehicles daily. Traffic can be heavy. So a good handling vehicle helps merge into traffic. Mind you the on ramp is steep. I drop down into 3rd gear. and shift at 4k rpm. It gives me the acceleration and power for the ramp and merge. The key to this 1.6 liter engine is keeping the rpm up. You want power and acceleration? Shift between 3-4k. Do not be afraid to push this small engine. It does have a governor setting of about 6500 rpm. So you are not going to come close to over revving it. The car comes with electronic assist power steering. It handles like a sports car. Snappy. At first the steering seems light due to the electronic assist. But you will quickly become acclimated to the touch. My wife complains about my higher speed and G turns. Like I said, It feels like a sports car. I've had no problems with the nav package. The car is loaded with features. My only complaint with this car is the map program. The computer OS is Windows mobile. I wish I had Android and Google maps. Phone interfacing is a breeze. The 450 watt stereo is awesome. There is a common problem though. The speaker cones separate with loud use. There was a factory fix the dealers were instructed on. My only repair on this vehicle was the speakers. All at no cost. Overall my only maintenance has been oil changes and cleaning. The interior is just as slick looking as the exterior. All controls are well placed. I have a sun roof. There is glare on the NAV screen at times when it is open. The NAV screen has controls on the steering wheel. All are controlled with a simple flick of the thumb, nice. The environmental control are great. Cold winters and hot summers are no problem for this car. The heater will bake you. The AC will freeze you. I do wish I had heated seats at times. Speaking of seating. The bucket seats are comfortable. I'm 6'1" leg room is not a problem for the driver. I can adjust the seat all the way back and not reach the pedals. Yet the passenger behind me still has leg room. The unique 3 door hatch design gives the car a 2 door appearance. Back seat is room for two. Head room for a 6 footer is tight but plenty of leg room. The curb side door only for the rear keeps the kiddo's curb side. Its not really a big thing for me. But there is a lot of plastic in the interior. Its held up very good. No complaints. Just noting it. The back seats fold down. Cargo area with surprise you. No complaints there either. The NAV package has a rear camera and backing sensors. I LOVE it. All cars should have this. There has been reports of the roof leaking. I have an all glass top. No leaks period. This is a sports car with a hatch back. It is family friendly. Can handle adverse weather. Nerd friendly. I love it. You have to test drive one to get the real feel of this car. Don't be afraid to push it a bit on the test drive."

V at the the lake.

Amazing car for the money

By on Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Pros: "Amazing int and ext, great gas and fun to drive"

Cons: "4 seats"

"I was in the market for a hatchback and i was intrigued with the veloster but after reading some reviews saying how the car is slow and sluggish i had to test drive one the car is just fine it drives just like a mazda3, focus or civic its not a v8 600 hp car but its really reasonable especially with the gas mileage it gets. the car is the most comfortable and it has more room in the front and back ( im 6'4 )of the cars i tested, it has the most gadgets for the money it drives really good and its the best looking in my opinion. I just advise people that are thinking about buying the car to actually drive it before discarding it because you will enjoy it, especially with the eco off. ps: that thing about leaking in the back when it rains doesn't happen on mine not sure if it got fixed with the 2013 model or what but its good."

I like this car

By on Sunday, July 29, 2012

"Owned this car for 2 weeks dont know how people are geting 40 mpg I cant even get 35 out of it on freeway at 72 mph. Also it seems the speedo is off by about 5 mph. other than that I like the car. Oh one more thing it does'nt come with a spare tire or jack and tools if you want those it's 250.00"

A lot of car for the money

By on Thursday, June 14, 2012

Pros: "sporty ,roomy,solid,and good on gas"

Cons: "lack of lumbar support in front seats"

"Sliver auto with style package. Turn off the eco button and use the paddle shifters.Left on its own accord it is slow to respond.Choose your gears and the car will fly.I pull the hill going out of town at 80mph.My R/T Challenger was good for 90mph in the same spot.MPG has come up as the car breaks in to 39 mpg.I added an air intake to the car the first week i owned it $239. The car has done well in the snow. The front seats lack back support."

Decent car

By on Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Pros: "Low cost, good warranty"

Cons: "has it bugs"

"I bought the car new at end of 2011, since then I have had multiple issues with the car (e-brake, steering wheel leather, rust, molding, and a few other minor electronic issues). All of the issues have been taken care of by my dealer, make sure you find a good dealer if you get this car. Also, the issues typically only happen once in awhile, so I video tape it with my phone if I am having a problem to prove it to the dealer, they don't argue, but it does help them if they can't get the issue to reoccur. Overall I like the car, good fuel mileage if you are easy on the gas pedal (35-38 mpg hwy, 28-32 city)"