2014 Hyundai Veloster Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,159 - $22,766.

7.7

Based on 82 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

7.6/10

AWESOME AWESOME CAR FOR THE MONEY

By on Saturday, January 31, 2015

Pros: "Great price, fun to drive, looks good, sporty,"

Cons: "Visablity through the back side windows"

"I just bought a 2015 Veloster Turbo in Boston Red. It has every option that Hyundai offers at this time and I totally love it. It has a ton of power, it looks good and drives perfect. I do not once regret buying it. Every where I go I have people asking me about and then they look in and are very impressed with how stylish it is. The warranty you can't beat either"

Don't judge a book by its cover

By on Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Pros: "Great looks, Great Gas Mileage, Good sound system"

Cons: "No Vroom, Bad in any "Wet" weather"

"Don't get me wrong I do love my Velostar (named her Vivian) but what she has under the hood just doesn't cut it for me. I have a 6 spd manual and I really expected to have just a bit more get up and go and it's the most disappointing part of this car. She does have great gas mileage and I can fit both of my dogs in fine. Also snow driving isn't the best- not surprised being so low. If you are thinking about this car I say get the turbo, fix it up and use as a weekend, getaway or summer car."

Inexpensive yet unique

By on Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Pros: "inexpensive, fun, unique style, great interior"

Cons: "bluelink is limited, rear camera is blurry anddark"

"Bought a 2015 veloster rspec in december 2014 for $23,800 The car has been a fun and enjoyable car to drive. The unique styling and turbo motor makes this vehicle fun and exciting and turns many heads. Headlights are bright maybe too bright since i've had people flashing but thats a compliemnt in my opinion."

My second favorite car after my '67 E-type Jag

By on Thursday, January 08, 2015

Pros: "Great price, not your typical econobox"

Cons: "The turbo model didn't come in yellow"

"Love this car. 20K miles and it is doing great. Over 30 mpg in everyday driving and over 35 on 75 mph trips. Front seats are very comfortable. I have made several 15 hour trips without feeling tired or sore. The back seat is small, but hey, it is a sub-compact. The Veloster can carry a surprising amount of stuff with the back seat down. Gets lots of positive comments at the gas station."

Love the looks, super fun to drive

By on Sunday, January 04, 2015

"This is the best looking small car on the road in my opinion. I have had a few electrical problems - and of course those can't be fixed until the car won't run at all because the electronic issues shut the car down completely. Fantastic warranty though. Without these little bugs, I'd say it is the best small car ever! It is very roomy for a compact car and super fun to drive. Love the gas mileage."

Some Love Lost

By on Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Pros: "Great Looking, Tech Savy extras"

Cons: "Noisy OEM tires, rough shifting"

"I bought this car new and have put all the miles on it myself. I loved the look of this car from the moment I first saw it. It has great style and I love the panorama roof. Despite all of my previous vehicles having leather seats, I did not miss them at all in the Veloster. Hyundai certainly has put alot of time and effort into interior styling, as the car has just about every bell and whistle possible. And the gas mileage has met my expectations for the most part. So why didn't I rate it a 10? Because like other reviewers I dislike the hesitation during exceleration from a complete stop. The only way to avoid it is to use the manual paddle shift. In automatic the car just has no get up and go, and the hesitation from 1st to 2nd is really bad. Also, the OEM tires (Kuhmo) were terrible. They wore out very quickly and were very noisy. I had to replace two before I had even 20,000 miles on the car....I'm a 56 year old women (not a teenager tearing up the road). And the minute I replaced the first 2 tires, I noticed a significant difference in noise level. Overall I have really enjoyed owning this car, although disappointed by the OEM tires and hesitation."

I think this car is under rated by prof'l drivers

By on Thursday, November 06, 2014

Pros: "Great value and a quality product"

Cons: "minimum rear seat head room"

"I have been surprised...the car is quiet, fuel efficient, well designed...really uniqe...reasonably priced...and thus far a real pleasure to own and drive...Head room is minimum, especially for the occasional back seat passenger, but, access to the back seat is great...I really think it is a "sleeper" which has had some really questionable professional reviews. It is the same quality and reliability as other Hyundai products...and really a unique vehicle....I love mine...and it replaced a VW Beetle Convertibile...The top doen't go down, but the complete sun roof is great...and not as windy as a topless vehicle...Recommend that any one who wants a unique vehicle which is quiet, fun to drive, and amazingly fuel economic..with enough trunk space for a couple of people to travel for and extended period.....try a Veloster at an amzingly low price....and it does not need to be a Turbo...Mine is a 2013 standard...Quietest engine I have had in any car over the past 10 years."

Fun car

By on Tuesday, November 04, 2014

"The Veloster is a fun car but don't let its sporty looks let you think it is a fast car because it isn't. It has a small economy engine (hence my overall avg gas mileage of 32-33 mpg) with little acceleration power. But its a great looking car (I've received more compliments on this 1 car than all the previous cars I've owned combined and that has included an Acura, a Honda, 2 Toyotas, 2 Mazdas and a 1969 Olds Cutlass.) Many convenient features too."

I love this car

By on Sunday, November 02, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive and stylish"

Cons: "None so far"

"I have not purchased a new car in over 20 years. When I saw the veloster pass me on the road, I knew that was my car. I purchased the Veloster base 6 speed. It is everything I thought it would be. Its fun, freeing and good on gas. This is not a car I would have purchase if my children were young, but since they are adults now this car is exactly for me. I am not a car person, but the Veloster has turned me into one. I want to frame a picture of it to have in my office!"

A little pocket rocket

By on Sunday, October 26, 2014

Pros: "Unique and fun"

Cons: "Turbo version is a must"

"Remember the 1988 Hyundai Excel. Well, this is not that 80s Hyundai anymore. The company has evolved into a world class auto maker contender earning award winning designs and performances repeatedly. The Turbo version is a must for added hp but you need to know how to take advantages of those extras. It's a joy to drive a TGDI engine with Shiftronic and paddle shifters. Disregard all the negative reviews. Beautiful design inside and out. Tech savvy will love it. It's a smorgasbord of media connectivities. Hyundai paid very good attention to details on this car, even the license plate gets its own Veloster emblem, very well build and made as well with almost 30% discount in compare to other brands with similar 'luxury' items. Rear view camera is an awesome feature. The front grille looks very aggressive and the rear is so sexy with twin chrome exhaust Slalom is very smooth and agile. Great mpg too. Get one while it last, you'll love it."