2014 Hyundai Veloster Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,513 - $22,014.

7.4

Based on 66 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

7.6/10
    7.3/10
    7.2/10

Unreliable!!!

By on Saturday, April 12, 2014

Pros: "Looks fun to drive"

Cons: "Very unreliable!! Customer service is non-existant"

"My wife and I purchased a brand NEW 2013 Hyundai Veloster in May 2013. It now has 8,200 miles on it and has been to the dealer on three separate occasions for the same problem. At first the stereo will go dead, then a day or two later the car will itself will go dead. It will not start, turn over, or even click. The first two times it had to be towed because it would not start. This last time it happened on March 13th 2014 and we just got the vehicle back today April 2nd 2014. At least this time we were able to get it to the dealer before it stranded us again. The first time the vehicle had 201 miles on it. The second time it had about 6,000 miles on it. This last time as I stated it had about 8,200 miles on it. My wife and I have both expressed our concerns about the reliability of this vehicle and concerns about being stranded again. We have asked Hyundai if we can get out from under this vehicle and are even willing to give another Hyundai a try. However the offer they gave us will not even pay off the car. They are only offering us "Black Book" for the Veloster. We have emailed and called Hyundai Consumer Affairs again and again. We asked the dealer if we could hold off picking up the problem Veloster until we here back again from Hyundai Consumer Affairs because we were concerned of the possibility of getting stranded again and were told we could not. And as of this post 4/11/2014 Hyundai still has not made us an offer above "Black Book" for a car with 8,300 miles and 10 months old. If you are considering purchasing a Hyundai, at this time I would have to recommend against it. I do believe it is possible that we just happened to get a “bad one”. However Hyundai does not appear to be in any hurry to make this right which concerns me. They do not care about their customers. We are filing a claim with the BBB over this."

Unreliable!!!

By on Saturday, April 12, 2014

Pros: "Looks fun to drive"

Cons: "Very unreliable!! Customer service is non-existant"

Sporty but managable

By on Monday, March 31, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, sport vs mpg, styling"

Cons: "visibility, limited option packages"

"The feel of this car is fantastic. It provides a sporty feel but does transfer road bumps into the cabin. Despite the sometimes small jostling motion from bad roads, the car grips on turns and maintains control. This smaller sport hatchback also has plenty of room for a big guy (the back, not so much). The backseat is good for smaller people or the occasional carpool, and the trunk space fits a lot of stuff based on looking at the car from the outside. It would be nice to get the navigation/back-up camera without having to purchase the sunroof also."

Great vehicle for price

By on Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Pros: "Great on mileage, interior, zippy, unique design"

Cons: "Rear seating"

"I have owned this car (2013 Turbo) for about a year now. It is white with blue accent interior. I initially fell in love with this car due to the design, since it stands out and is unique with its 3 door design. It definitely turns heads and people often ask me what type of car it is. It is a very fun to drive car, especially since most of my miles are city miles. I rarely take highways on my way to work, so I'm getting about 26mpg city. I am a big guy, 300lbs, 6', and I feel comfortable driving it. I have about 4-5 inches of head clearance, so I'm doomed in a rollover. The back seat spacing is pretty tight, so if you have any tall/big friends, do not plan on asking them if they need a ride. The back seating might be okay for a child or young teen. I love all the interior features of the car. It is very modern and techy. I was satisfied with the quality of the stereo system included. It is not too much, and not too little with sound. The touch screen is bright and responsive. People complain a lot about the rear view window, but I honestly have no troubles viewing outside of it. Keyless entry and remote start are some of my favorite features of the car. TL;DR: Great on mileage, low profile, zippy, small rear seating, worth buying."

my car was great value, good milage, handled well

By on Sunday, March 23, 2014

Pros: "great handlling, gas mileage great, looks great"

Cons: "small, not alot of room, radio electrical problems"

"the car handles well great gas mileage, not good in snow very light, but with studs ok, very small no room for xtra. depends on what your looking for the value was great the time I had to buy"