2014 Hyundai Veloster Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,346 - $21,965.

7.7

Based on 85 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

7.6/10

Inexpensive yet unique

By on Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Pros: "inexpensive, fun, unique style, great interior"

Cons: "bluelink is limited, rear camera is blurry anddark"

"Bought a 2015 veloster rspec in december 2014 for $23,800 The car has been a fun and enjoyable car to drive. The unique styling and turbo motor makes this vehicle fun and exciting and turns many heads. Headlights are bright maybe too bright since i've had people flashing but thats a compliemnt in my opinion."

My second favorite car after my '67 E-type Jag

By on Thursday, January 08, 2015

Pros: "Great price, not your typical econobox"

Cons: "The turbo model didn't come in yellow"

"Love this car. 20K miles and it is doing great. Over 30 mpg in everyday driving and over 35 on 75 mph trips. Front seats are very comfortable. I have made several 15 hour trips without feeling tired or sore. The back seat is small, but hey, it is a sub-compact. The Veloster can carry a surprising amount of stuff with the back seat down. Gets lots of positive comments at the gas station."

Love the looks, super fun to drive

By on Sunday, January 04, 2015

"This is the best looking small car on the road in my opinion. I have had a few electrical problems - and of course those can't be fixed until the car won't run at all because the electronic issues shut the car down completely. Fantastic warranty though. Without these little bugs, I'd say it is the best small car ever! It is very roomy for a compact car and super fun to drive. Love the gas mileage."

Some Love Lost

By on Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Pros: "Great Looking, Tech Savy extras"

Cons: "Noisy OEM tires, rough shifting"

"I bought this car new and have put all the miles on it myself. I loved the look of this car from the moment I first saw it. It has great style and I love the panorama roof. Despite all of my previous vehicles having leather seats, I did not miss them at all in the Veloster. Hyundai certainly has put alot of time and effort into interior styling, as the car has just about every bell and whistle possible. And the gas mileage has met my expectations for the most part. So why didn't I rate it a 10? Because like other reviewers I dislike the hesitation during exceleration from a complete stop. The only way to avoid it is to use the manual paddle shift. In automatic the car just has no get up and go, and the hesitation from 1st to 2nd is really bad. Also, the OEM tires (Kuhmo) were terrible. They wore out very quickly and were very noisy. I had to replace two before I had even 20,000 miles on the car....I'm a 56 year old women (not a teenager tearing up the road). And the minute I replaced the first 2 tires, I noticed a significant difference in noise level. Overall I have really enjoyed owning this car, although disappointed by the OEM tires and hesitation."

I think this car is under rated by prof'l drivers

By on Thursday, November 06, 2014

Pros: "Great value and a quality product"

Cons: "minimum rear seat head room"

"I have been surprised...the car is quiet, fuel efficient, well designed...really uniqe...reasonably priced...and thus far a real pleasure to own and drive...Head room is minimum, especially for the occasional back seat passenger, but, access to the back seat is great...I really think it is a "sleeper" which has had some really questionable professional reviews. It is the same quality and reliability as other Hyundai products...and really a unique vehicle....I love mine...and it replaced a VW Beetle Convertibile...The top doen't go down, but the complete sun roof is great...and not as windy as a topless vehicle...Recommend that any one who wants a unique vehicle which is quiet, fun to drive, and amazingly fuel economic..with enough trunk space for a couple of people to travel for and extended period.....try a Veloster at an amzingly low price....and it does not need to be a Turbo...Mine is a 2013 standard...Quietest engine I have had in any car over the past 10 years."