2014 Hyundai Veloster Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $17,122 - $17,587.

7.7

Based on 84 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

7.6/10

Decent car

By on Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Pros: "Low cost, good warranty"

Cons: "has it bugs"

"I bought the car new at end of 2011, since then I have had multiple issues with the car (e-brake, steering wheel leather, rust, molding, and a few other minor electronic issues). All of the issues have been taken care of by my dealer, make sure you find a good dealer if you get this car. Also, the issues typically only happen once in awhile, so I video tape it with my phone if I am having a problem to prove it to the dealer, they don't argue, but it does help them if they can't get the issue to reoccur. Overall I like the car, good fuel mileage if you are easy on the gas pedal (35-38 mpg hwy, 28-32 city)"

Won't buy this car again.

By on Friday, February 01, 2013

Pros: "Stylish, sleek, fun to drive."

Cons: "Many problems, especially when it's cold."

"We purchased this car new, the 2013 Veloster with matte grey paint. The car looks awesome, very stylish and sleek. Problems started just one week after purchasing the car. The radio stopped working, and when we brought it to the dealership, they wouldn't fix it because it magically started working for them. After 3 trips to the dealership and a week of a loaner car, they finally said they fixed it. The next day the radio stopped working again, so they decided to replace it. Two weeks to get the radio. Shortly after the radio incident, the back up sensors would beep constantly and not stop. We had this checked again, many times, and it wasn't until the third or fourth time that they finally found a bad sensor which they replaced. A week later, they sensors beep constantly and we are told that we live in Wisconsin and it will beep because of the cold. The worst thing to happen is the cold air that comes in from the bottom of the car. If it drops below freezing, we have to use a blanket to cover our legs because of the cold air coming in from the bottom of the car. Again, they checked it and saw the temperature from the seat down is below freezing even with the heater on high heat. They say there is no fix for this problem so we have to live with it. The did replace the back window because they said it was defective, but that didn't stop the cold air from coming in. Comfort for someone who is above six foot is problem. My head hits the ceiling and I am six foot two inches. The latest is the keyless entry. It doesn't work half the time, you have to hit the lock button to unlock and vice versa. The button on the door to unlock and lock works half the time. Again, the dealership said they can't get it to act up for them, so there's nothing they can do. Basically what I've come up with is that the car just doesn't do well in the cold. The dealership checks the car after it's warmed up inside the garage, so they don't get to see the problems when it's cold. If you live in a cold climate, don't buy this car."

Great Car For The Price

By on Monday, January 07, 2013

Pros: "great value,,looks different,fun to drive"

Cons: "steering has dead spot,lacking power with air on"

"i own the 2012 black pearl v and my wife owns the green v she has automatic,mine is 6speed manual,we both love our cars they are roomy for drivers and front passengers,only drawback is those 18 inch wheels are terrible in the snow,we have got winter tires and wheels for the car it handles totally different since we put them on much better in snow now.if i were to have option to buy again i would"

Fantastic

By on Sunday, November 18, 2012

Pros: "handles great awesome to drive"

Cons: "not fast"

"This cars not fast but it handles like its on rails and gets 37 miles to the gallon."

Love the turbo!

By on Thursday, November 15, 2012

Pros: "Sporty unique look, fun to drive, large trunk"

Cons: "Needs power seats,no dimmer for display screen"

"Loved the 2012 Veloster so much we bought 2 this year and just traded one in for the turbo. The turbo is worth the extra money! Love the push button start, all the added extras, rear camera has a wide view angle. Ride is a lot smoother than the 2012 version and extremely smooth handling. Thinking about trading in our other 2012 for another turbo!"