2014 Hyundai Veloster Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $17,036 - $17,513.

7.5

Based on 71 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

7.5/10
    7.4/10

best car ever made

By on Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Pros: "fast, cool, sporty"

Cons: "speeding tickets"

"I want everyone to know that this car will bring life back into you. It is a very special car and is exciting to drive. Great ride and two thumbs up for hyundai for making this an achievement all its own!"

AmaZING!!

By on Sunday, October 12, 2014

Pros: "Quick, agile, stylish, fun to drive, warranty"

Cons: "Low headroom in back"

2014 VT MT

"I had wanted the VT since it was first announced. I have had turbo'd cars in the past, including a 2006 Subaru STi. So, I'm familiar with small motor/forced induction and performance. This car does not disappoint. While it only has a 1.6L motor, the Twin-Scroll definitely provides some scoot! I added a K&N typhoon short ram and this improved performance even more! I am very happy with the car overall. It has great mileage, is stylish, turns heads, sounds great, and is quick without being over the top! I opted for the 6spd manual. Loads of fun:-D All 10's in my book!"

2014 VT MT

New to it, but love it so far!

By on Friday, October 10, 2014

Pros: "Stylish, Gas Mileage"

Cons: "Radio System"

"I've had my 2014 Veloster Turbo for about 4 months now and absolutely love it. This thing has some get up and go (for the most part, I'll explain in a bit). It was everything that I thought it would. I only have a few things that I'll point out they may concern some buyers. (1) This thing will move!! Its pick up is great. If you punch the gas, it will go. With that being said, the more people you have in the car, the less pep you get. I don't notice it as much with one passenger, but when it gets to 2-3 passengers you can notice a difference. For me (and I would think most others looking at this vehicle to purchase), I typically don't have more than one passenger. This is one of the reasons I chose a smaller hatchback. I wanted to take advantage of the great gas mileage since I was normally only carrying one passenger. (2) The stereo could be much better. The speaker are below par to me. But for full disclosure, I previously had a 2011 Jeep Liberty that had a Bose stereo system in it. So there probably are not too many other systems that were going to compete with that. (3) Just a pet peeve for me and this will sound petty, but its still frustrating. The automatic window option is only on the drivers side. So you can click it once to completely raise or lower the driver side window, but you have to hold the button down or up to raise or lower the passenger side window. Seems trivial, I know, but its a annoying. Other than those 3 things, this car is awesome and everything I expected it to be."

Fun and surprisingly peppy for 40+mpg

By on Monday, September 29, 2014

Pros: "Great on gas, Fun to drive."

Cons: "Small back seat, performance is decent, no wows."

"I've routinely hit 45mpg on relaxing cruises or highway trips. It's not quite as powerful as some might expect for a turbo, but the fuel economy to performance is still pretty impressive. I've only put 1600 miles on mine thus far, but so far I am very happy with the quality of the vehicle. It's quiet, the sound system is above average based on my experience with other cars in this price range. The interior is very comfortable to the front seat passenger and driver. The back seat has low head clearance, and though the 3rd door is a very handy add-on, the back seat is no more roomy than your average 2 door coupe. Nice sturdy and well placed car seat tie downs, so that and the 3rd door would probably be very nice for a new family looking for something a bit sporty. The shift isn't a smooth as I'd like, but it's perhaps slightly better than average. Not the flawless quick action you'd find in a civic though. I was choosing between this and a SI, and ultimately the warranty and a good experience with a dealership led me to this vehicle."

Love it

By on Thursday, September 25, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, hugs the road, many comments on it"

Cons: "blind spot on the right"

"We bought our 2014 turbo automatic with style & tech pkg. new in March of 2014.We have taken it on 5 long road trips. We are retired and my normal driving is short trips. My mileage around town avg.is 33. On the road trips it is 37.And even though I am older my driving style is that of a younger person. It's automatic, but has a sport mode and paddle shifters for the manual feel. We don't routinely have passengers, but we have and the back seats are sufficient for someone 5'8". I have had no problems.It is incredibly fun to drive,many comments on the style and holds the road better than any other of the many vehs. I have owned. The ONLY drawback is a blind spot on the right side. Drivers side has a blind spot mirror. I would buy it again in a heartbeat."

Hard to beat for the money

By on Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Pros: "Great looks, cool to drive, outstanding mpg,"

Cons: "No cons really.. Hard to beat for the money"

"This vehicle gets far better mpg than they estimate if you drive sensibly. It is 22 miles to work (99% freeway)and I get anywhere from 40-45 mpg, depending which way the wind is blowing and the temperature. I find an 18 wheeler and stay 5-6 car lengths behind and that's it. I've had mine up to 127mph with the car wanting to continue to climb...The turbo version might be quicker and get far less mpg, but my style package Velo will easily walk away from it on the top end! For less money all the way around! The turbo version has a limiter/top end of about 105mph. BWAAAHAhahaha!! I'm 6'2" and have plenty of room.. Haven't really had it on a road trip per say,but have driven it for 3 and 4 hours in a day and have no complaints yet."

Well-liked car

By on Wednesday, September 10, 2014

"I've received more comments (all favorable) from people about this car than all the previous cars I've owned combined. And I've had Acura, Toyota, Honda and Mazda before. Though the car is sporty looking, it is nothing but an economy car under the hood. So there's little acceleration while getting that good mileage. I imagine the Turbo version (only released after I had bought my non-turbo version) has better acceleration. Still, with bluetooth, Pandora the panoramic moonroof it's a fun car at a very low price."

overall review

By on Saturday, August 09, 2014

Pros: "great sporty look ,,,mileage ,,looks great"

Cons: "only thing is wish it had bigger motor"

"i bought my car yhis year ,,has been great to drive ..only wish it had more horse power.overall ,inside out its a great car ,,sporty ride,sporty inside.great gas mileage..handles great sound system great"

Third Review 22800 miles

By on Monday, June 30, 2014

Pros: "Fun to look at and drive"

Cons: "Huge blindspot"

2012 Veloster Blue w/ Style & Tech Package

"I have reviewed my 2012 Veloster in this forum before. I purchased it new and have put every mile on it. I thought it would be nice to report how it has performed over the long haul. First, it still attracts attention mostly due to the the design and the painted blue inserts on the wheels that came with the style package. As the engine has aged the performance has not deteriorated at all and is adequate for all driving conditions. Some reviewers are turned off by its very sporty design and sub compact performance. My only comment for that is maybe all sub compacts should look like Nissan Versa's (boring). It has not suffered any mechanical breakdowns and has only been to the dealer for routine service (oil changes and tire rotations). The OEM tires seem to wear quickly and road noise is more noticeable now and I rotate twice per year. The interior is solid and does not exhibit any rattles or squeaks. Everything works as new. The only complaint is the horrible blind spot that is a product of its cool design. 2012 models did not come with a blind spot mirror, so you must adjust your driving style to avoid potentially dangerous situations during left turns. Overall after 2 years this has been a joy to own and Very Reliable. I have never had any regrets about purchasing this car."

2012 Veloster Blue w/ Style & Tech Package

This car is a eye stopper

By on Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Pros: "Price and quality"

Cons: "Has blind spot from large mirrors"

"The Veloster likes high speed and long distances. On a trip the mileage is averages 57, however in town a low 14-19. It holds the road even with my low profile tires better than any other car I have driven. It does the corners like butter. The hatch back gives me plenty of storage space. For a very low price this is a very high quality automobile."