2014 Hyundai Veloster Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $17,268 - $17,765.

7.7

Based on 89 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

not very practical, just very cool

By on Wednesday, May 06, 2015

Pros: "mpg, fun to drive, great power for small engine"

Cons: "turbo lag, no power seats, no spare tire"

"This car is just plain fun to drive. The turbo is a bit laggy and there is no reason to use the eco button as it causes a delay in shift time with little to no mpg payoff. Handling is pristine, I can't imagine how much more improved the rspec is, I don't think it matters unless you plan on racing. The downside of such a light car in winter is that it bombs in the snow. It just can't clamp down when snow is too deep or slushy, so I had to greatly adjust to what was otherwise familiar conditions. Inside, it's like a playground, with every tech desired, and the blue ambient lighting theme throughout the cabin and in the gauges are reminiscent of something in a sci-fi movie. Not to mention the push button ignition: safer, more convenient (my keys never leave my pocket), and spaceship like. The big mystery to me is the third door that is of no real value: an adult can barely fit through it and it screws with the symmetry of the car. The only advantage I can see is that it gets rid of what would have been a massive blind spot, so is it strategy or style? Also, there are heated seats but not power seats, really?? I was sceptical about cargo space, but the area is so deep that it makes up for lack of length, so groceries don't have to invade the rear seating area. That being said, they could have sacrificed some of the space and put a real spare tire In there, they said it made it lighter and improved mpg...whatever. I got this car on a lease, but no way am I giving it back. Best little car I have ever had."

Amazing car for the money

By on Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Pros: "Amazing int and ext, great gas and fun to drive"

Cons: "4 seats"

"I was in the market for a hatchback and i was intrigued with the veloster but after reading some reviews saying how the car is slow and sluggish i had to test drive one the car is just fine it drives just like a mazda3, focus or civic its not a v8 600 hp car but its really reasonable especially with the gas mileage it gets. the car is the most comfortable and it has more room in the front and back ( im 6'4 )of the cars i tested, it has the most gadgets for the money it drives really good and its the best looking in my opinion. I just advise people that are thinking about buying the car to actually drive it before discarding it because you will enjoy it, especially with the eco off. ps: that thing about leaking in the back when it rains doesn't happen on mine not sure if it got fixed with the 2013 model or what but its good."

I like this car

By on Sunday, July 29, 2012

"Owned this car for 2 weeks dont know how people are geting 40 mpg I cant even get 35 out of it on freeway at 72 mph. Also it seems the speedo is off by about 5 mph. other than that I like the car. Oh one more thing it does'nt come with a spare tire or jack and tools if you want those it's 250.00"

Love the turbo!

By on Thursday, November 15, 2012

Pros: "Sporty unique look, fun to drive, large trunk"

Cons: "Needs power seats,no dimmer for display screen"

"Loved the 2012 Veloster so much we bought 2 this year and just traded one in for the turbo. The turbo is worth the extra money! Love the push button start, all the added extras, rear camera has a wide view angle. Ride is a lot smoother than the 2012 version and extremely smooth handling. Thinking about trading in our other 2012 for another turbo!"

A lot of car for the money

By on Thursday, June 14, 2012

Pros: "sporty ,roomy,solid,and good on gas"

Cons: "lack of lumbar support in front seats"

"Sliver auto with style package. Turn off the eco button and use the paddle shifters.Left on its own accord it is slow to respond.Choose your gears and the car will fly.I pull the hill going out of town at 80mph.My R/T Challenger was good for 90mph in the same spot.MPG has come up as the car breaks in to 39 mpg.I added an air intake to the car the first week i owned it $239. The car has done well in the snow. The front seats lack back support."