2014 Hyundai Veloster Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $17,122 - $17,587.

7.7

Based on 83 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

7.6/10

A little pocket rocket

By on Sunday, October 26, 2014

Pros: "Unique and fun"

Cons: "Turbo version is a must"

"Remember the 1988 Hyundai Excel. Well, this is not that 80s Hyundai anymore. The company has evolved into a world class auto maker contender earning award winning designs and performances repeatedly. The Turbo version is a must for added hp but you need to know how to take advantages of those extras. It's a joy to drive a TGDI engine with Shiftronic and paddle shifters. Disregard all the negative reviews. Beautiful design inside and out. Tech savvy will love it. It's a smorgasbord of media connectivities. Hyundai paid very good attention to details on this car, even the license plate gets its own Veloster emblem, very well build and made as well with almost 30% discount in compare to other brands with similar 'luxury' items. Rear view camera is an awesome feature. The front grille looks very aggressive and the rear is so sexy with twin chrome exhaust Slalom is very smooth and agile. Great mpg too. Get one while it last, you'll love it."

i put in a cold air intake, magna flow exhaust

By on Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Pros: "alldone on regular fuel"

Cons: "oem tires stink"

"also a short shifter kit best bang and most fun you can have for under 25k started using premium fuel and its a little rocket"

best car ever made

By on Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Pros: "fast, cool, sporty"

Cons: "speeding tickets"

"I want everyone to know that this car will bring life back into you. It is a very special car and is exciting to drive. Great ride and two thumbs up for hyundai for making this an achievement all its own!"

AmaZING!!

By on Sunday, October 12, 2014

Pros: "Quick, agile, stylish, fun to drive, warranty"

Cons: "Low headroom in back"

2014 VT MT

"I had wanted the VT since it was first announced. I have had turbo'd cars in the past, including a 2006 Subaru STi. So, I'm familiar with small motor/forced induction and performance. This car does not disappoint. While it only has a 1.6L motor, the Twin-Scroll definitely provides some scoot! I added a K&N typhoon short ram and this improved performance even more! I am very happy with the car overall. It has great mileage, is stylish, turns heads, sounds great, and is quick without being over the top! I opted for the 6spd manual. Loads of fun:-D All 10's in my book!"

2014 VT MT

New to it, but love it so far!

By on Friday, October 10, 2014

Pros: "Stylish, Gas Mileage"

Cons: "Radio System"

"I've had my 2014 Veloster Turbo for about 4 months now and absolutely love it. This thing has some get up and go (for the most part, I'll explain in a bit). It was everything that I thought it would. I only have a few things that I'll point out they may concern some buyers. (1) This thing will move!! Its pick up is great. If you punch the gas, it will go. With that being said, the more people you have in the car, the less pep you get. I don't notice it as much with one passenger, but when it gets to 2-3 passengers you can notice a difference. For me (and I would think most others looking at this vehicle to purchase), I typically don't have more than one passenger. This is one of the reasons I chose a smaller hatchback. I wanted to take advantage of the great gas mileage since I was normally only carrying one passenger. (2) The stereo could be much better. The speaker are below par to me. But for full disclosure, I previously had a 2011 Jeep Liberty that had a Bose stereo system in it. So there probably are not too many other systems that were going to compete with that. (3) Just a pet peeve for me and this will sound petty, but its still frustrating. The automatic window option is only on the drivers side. So you can click it once to completely raise or lower the driver side window, but you have to hold the button down or up to raise or lower the passenger side window. Seems trivial, I know, but its a annoying. Other than those 3 things, this car is awesome and everything I expected it to be."