2014 Hyundai Veloster Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $17,196 - $17,733.

7.9

Based on 96 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

Amazing car for the money

By on Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Pros: "Amazing int and ext, great gas and fun to drive"

Cons: "4 seats"

"I was in the market for a hatchback and i was intrigued with the veloster but after reading some reviews saying how the car is slow and sluggish i had to test drive one the car is just fine it drives just like a mazda3, focus or civic its not a v8 600 hp car but its really reasonable especially with the gas mileage it gets. the car is the most comfortable and it has more room in the front and back ( im 6'4 )of the cars i tested, it has the most gadgets for the money it drives really good and its the best looking in my opinion. I just advise people that are thinking about buying the car to actually drive it before discarding it because you will enjoy it, especially with the eco off. ps: that thing about leaking in the back when it rains doesn't happen on mine not sure if it got fixed with the 2013 model or what but its good."

I like this car

By on Sunday, July 29, 2012

"Owned this car for 2 weeks dont know how people are geting 40 mpg I cant even get 35 out of it on freeway at 72 mph. Also it seems the speedo is off by about 5 mph. other than that I like the car. Oh one more thing it does'nt come with a spare tire or jack and tools if you want those it's 250.00"

A lot of car for the money

By on Thursday, June 14, 2012

Pros: "sporty ,roomy,solid,and good on gas"

Cons: "lack of lumbar support in front seats"

"Sliver auto with style package. Turn off the eco button and use the paddle shifters.Left on its own accord it is slow to respond.Choose your gears and the car will fly.I pull the hill going out of town at 80mph.My R/T Challenger was good for 90mph in the same spot.MPG has come up as the car breaks in to 39 mpg.I added an air intake to the car the first week i owned it $239. The car has done well in the snow. The front seats lack back support."

Decent car

By on Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Pros: "Low cost, good warranty"

Cons: "has it bugs"

"I bought the car new at end of 2011, since then I have had multiple issues with the car (e-brake, steering wheel leather, rust, molding, and a few other minor electronic issues). All of the issues have been taken care of by my dealer, make sure you find a good dealer if you get this car. Also, the issues typically only happen once in awhile, so I video tape it with my phone if I am having a problem to prove it to the dealer, they don't argue, but it does help them if they can't get the issue to reoccur. Overall I like the car, good fuel mileage if you are easy on the gas pedal (35-38 mpg hwy, 28-32 city)"

Great Fun for a great price

By on Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Pros: "Price, Looks Great, Sound System, Tech Gadgets"

Cons: "No express down for passenger,"

"I love this little car. I traded my 2011 Genesis coupe for a 2012 Veloster. Quality issues plagued the Genesis but the Veloster seems to be solid and better built. It is fun to drive and is fully loaded. If you can afford it take both packages, style and tech. You will have everything available including the beautiful wheels that have body colored painted inserts. Although it is not as fast as the Genesis was, it does fine under all driving situations. I chose a manual transmission because with engines this small, it gives me the option of fuel economy or acceleration. 6 speed tranny shifts smooth and reverse has a back up camera the displays on the GPS. The Sound System is great and works seamlessly with an iPod. Just a couple of very small things that I would have liked on this car. It does not have a passenger express up and down window. I would have liked turn signals on the mirror and a LED light for the alarm. If you do not like strangers walking up to you at gas stations, grocery stores, etc, this is not your car. Mine is blue with style and tech packages and I cannot get out or in this car in public places without someone asking me about it. Great Job Hyundai."