2013 Hyundai Veloster Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $17,533 - $18,167.

7.3

Based on 65 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

7.5/10
    7.3/10
    7.2/10

Well-liked car

By on Wednesday, September 10, 2014

"I've received more comments (all favorable) from people about this car than all the previous cars I've owned combined. And I've had Acura, Toyota, Honda and Mazda before. Though the car is sporty looking, it is nothing but an economy car under the hood. So there's little acceleration while getting that good mileage. I imagine the Turbo version (only released after I had bought my non-turbo version) has better acceleration. Still, with bluetooth, Pandora the panoramic moonroof it's a fun car at a very low price."

overall review

By on Saturday, August 09, 2014

Pros: "great sporty look ,,,mileage ,,looks great"

Cons: "only thing is wish it had bigger motor"

"i bought my car yhis year ,,has been great to drive ..only wish it had more horse power.overall ,inside out its a great car ,,sporty ride,sporty inside.great gas mileage..handles great sound system great"

Third Review 22800 miles

By on Monday, June 30, 2014

Pros: "Fun to look at and drive"

Cons: "Huge blindspot"

2012 Veloster Blue w/ Style & Tech Package

"I have reviewed my 2012 Veloster in this forum before. I purchased it new and have put every mile on it. I thought it would be nice to report how it has performed over the long haul. First, it still attracts attention mostly due to the the design and the painted blue inserts on the wheels that came with the style package. As the engine has aged the performance has not deteriorated at all and is adequate for all driving conditions. Some reviewers are turned off by its very sporty design and sub compact performance. My only comment for that is maybe all sub compacts should look like Nissan Versa's (boring). It has not suffered any mechanical breakdowns and has only been to the dealer for routine service (oil changes and tire rotations). The OEM tires seem to wear quickly and road noise is more noticeable now and I rotate twice per year. The interior is solid and does not exhibit any rattles or squeaks. Everything works as new. The only complaint is the horrible blind spot that is a product of its cool design. 2012 models did not come with a blind spot mirror, so you must adjust your driving style to avoid potentially dangerous situations during left turns. Overall after 2 years this has been a joy to own and Very Reliable. I have never had any regrets about purchasing this car."

2012 Veloster Blue w/ Style & Tech Package

This car is a eye stopper

By on Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Pros: "Price and quality"

Cons: "Has blind spot from large mirrors"

"The Veloster likes high speed and long distances. On a trip the mileage is averages 57, however in town a low 14-19. It holds the road even with my low profile tires better than any other car I have driven. It does the corners like butter. The hatch back gives me plenty of storage space. For a very low price this is a very high quality automobile."

NIce looking, great sound system but...........

By on Monday, June 09, 2014

Pros: "Looks and sound system in the style pkg"

Cons: "Engine. Barely beats a riding mower"

2012 Veloster Style pkg 17" wheels and awesome sound system

"I am 54 years old and have had many cars both new and used. this car looks great and the sound system is awesome, but the performance is one of the absolute worst I have ever driven. The Dual Clutch Technology is great and all, but there is a distinct pause when you let off the gas and upon acceleration it bucks a bit. Very annoying. Dealer tells me it is normal as the computer delay in detecting if you are in manual or automatic. Highway driving it can't get out of its own way so I have to resort to manual use to get any power what so ever. So if you want something fast get a VW Bug as that car beats the Veloster in the 1/4 mile. I will not buy another Hyundai."

2012 Veloster Style pkg 17" wheels and awesome sound system