2013 Hyundai Veloster Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $16,289 - $16,919.

7.4

Based on 68 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

7.6/10
    7.4/10
    7.3/10

Fun and surprisingly peppy for 40+mpg

By on Monday, September 29, 2014

Pros: "Great on gas, Fun to drive."

Cons: "Small back seat, performance is decent, no wows."

"I've routinely hit 45mpg on relaxing cruises or highway trips. It's not quite as powerful as some might expect for a turbo, but the fuel economy to performance is still pretty impressive. I've only put 1600 miles on mine thus far, but so far I am very happy with the quality of the vehicle. It's quiet, the sound system is above average based on my experience with other cars in this price range. The interior is very comfortable to the front seat passenger and driver. The back seat has low head clearance, and though the 3rd door is a very handy add-on, the back seat is no more roomy than your average 2 door coupe. Nice sturdy and well placed car seat tie downs, so that and the 3rd door would probably be very nice for a new family looking for something a bit sporty. The shift isn't a smooth as I'd like, but it's perhaps slightly better than average. Not the flawless quick action you'd find in a civic though. I was choosing between this and a SI, and ultimately the warranty and a good experience with a dealership led me to this vehicle."

Love it

By on Thursday, September 25, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, hugs the road, many comments on it"

Cons: "blind spot on the right"

"We bought our 2014 turbo automatic with style & tech pkg. new in March of 2014.We have taken it on 5 long road trips. We are retired and my normal driving is short trips. My mileage around town avg.is 33. On the road trips it is 37.And even though I am older my driving style is that of a younger person. It's automatic, but has a sport mode and paddle shifters for the manual feel. We don't routinely have passengers, but we have and the back seats are sufficient for someone 5'8". I have had no problems.It is incredibly fun to drive,many comments on the style and holds the road better than any other of the many vehs. I have owned. The ONLY drawback is a blind spot on the right side. Drivers side has a blind spot mirror. I would buy it again in a heartbeat."

Hard to beat for the money

By on Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Pros: "Great looks, cool to drive, outstanding mpg,"

Cons: "No cons really.. Hard to beat for the money"

"This vehicle gets far better mpg than they estimate if you drive sensibly. It is 22 miles to work (99% freeway)and I get anywhere from 40-45 mpg, depending which way the wind is blowing and the temperature. I find an 18 wheeler and stay 5-6 car lengths behind and that's it. I've had mine up to 127mph with the car wanting to continue to climb...The turbo version might be quicker and get far less mpg, but my style package Velo will easily walk away from it on the top end! For less money all the way around! The turbo version has a limiter/top end of about 105mph. BWAAAHAhahaha!! I'm 6'2" and have plenty of room.. Haven't really had it on a road trip per say,but have driven it for 3 and 4 hours in a day and have no complaints yet."

Well-liked car

By on Wednesday, September 10, 2014

"I've received more comments (all favorable) from people about this car than all the previous cars I've owned combined. And I've had Acura, Toyota, Honda and Mazda before. Though the car is sporty looking, it is nothing but an economy car under the hood. So there's little acceleration while getting that good mileage. I imagine the Turbo version (only released after I had bought my non-turbo version) has better acceleration. Still, with bluetooth, Pandora the panoramic moonroof it's a fun car at a very low price."

overall review

By on Saturday, August 09, 2014

Pros: "great sporty look ,,,mileage ,,looks great"

Cons: "only thing is wish it had bigger motor"

"i bought my car yhis year ,,has been great to drive ..only wish it had more horse power.overall ,inside out its a great car ,,sporty ride,sporty inside.great gas mileage..handles great sound system great"