2013 Hyundai Veloster Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $17,000 - $17,441.

7.1

Based on 59 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

7.3/10
    7.0/10
    7.5/10
    7.1/10
Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Amazing car for the money

By on Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Pros: "Amazing int and ext, great gas and fun to drive"

Cons: "4 seats"

"I was in the market for a hatchback and i was intrigued with the veloster but after reading some reviews saying how the car is slow and sluggish i had to test drive one the car is just fine it drives just like a mazda3, focus or civic its not a v8 600 hp car but its really reasonable especially with the gas mileage it gets. the car is the most comfortable and it has more room in the front and back ( im 6'4 )of the cars i tested, it has the most gadgets for the money it drives really good and its the best looking in my opinion. I just advise people that are thinking about buying the car to actually drive it before discarding it because you will enjoy it, especially with the eco off. ps: that thing about leaking in the back when it rains doesn't happen on mine not sure if it got fixed with the 2013 model or what but its good."

I like this car

By on Sunday, July 29, 2012

"Owned this car for 2 weeks dont know how people are geting 40 mpg I cant even get 35 out of it on freeway at 72 mph. Also it seems the speedo is off by about 5 mph. other than that I like the car. Oh one more thing it does'nt come with a spare tire or jack and tools if you want those it's 250.00"

Decent car

By on Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Pros: "Low cost, good warranty"

Cons: "has it bugs"

"I bought the car new at end of 2011, since then I have had multiple issues with the car (e-brake, steering wheel leather, rust, molding, and a few other minor electronic issues). All of the issues have been taken care of by my dealer, make sure you find a good dealer if you get this car. Also, the issues typically only happen once in awhile, so I video tape it with my phone if I am having a problem to prove it to the dealer, they don't argue, but it does help them if they can't get the issue to reoccur. Overall I like the car, good fuel mileage if you are easy on the gas pedal (35-38 mpg hwy, 28-32 city)"

Great Little Car for the Price

By on Monday, August 26, 2013

Pros: "Great price for the features, excellent mpg"

Cons: "Sluggish acceleration for 138 hp"

At the Dealership

"This car met all of my expectations, except for acceleration, which is a little sluggish for a 138hp engine, and larger than normal blind spots (fixed with fish-eye mirrors). I use it mostly to commute to and from work in Dallas, and average 31 mpg with A/C on, and 35 mpg with A/C off. What really surprised me was the highway mileage; I drove to Richmond, VA and back, and averaged 38 mpg on the Interstate. The front seats are comfortable, and the two back seats are acceptable if you aren't tall (I'm 5'10, and have no problems). The audio system is very good, and blue-tooth links effortlessly. The nav system is accurate, although loading the address information could be better. The car looks good, and I get a lot of inquiries and positive comments. Overall I have no regrets and thoroughly enjoy driving the Veloster."

At the Dealership

100 percent satisfied

By on Monday, January 06, 2014

Pros: "Image, economy, performance"

Cons: "No power seat or auto climate control"

White Lightning

"Great little car, sporty handling, economical to drive, over 30 mpg on regular gas. Has all the latest electronic toys and the glass top is very attractive. Every where I go, I get compliments on the looks. The third door and hatch makes it very convenient to access the rear space. The only thing left to make this the perfect sporty coupe is to put the 2.0L turbo under the hood."

White Lightning