2013 Hyundai Veloster Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $16,691 - $17,238.

7.3

Based on 63 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

7.5/10
    7.2/10
    7.2/10

Third Review 22800 miles

By on Monday, June 30, 2014

Pros: "Fun to look at and drive"

Cons: "Huge blindspot"

2012 Veloster Blue w/ Style & Tech Package

"I have reviewed my 2012 Veloster in this forum before. I purchased it new and have put every mile on it. I thought it would be nice to report how it has performed over the long haul. First, it still attracts attention mostly due to the the design and the painted blue inserts on the wheels that came with the style package. As the engine has aged the performance has not deteriorated at all and is adequate for all driving conditions. Some reviewers are turned off by its very sporty design and sub compact performance. My only comment for that is maybe all sub compacts should look like Nissan Versa's (boring). It has not suffered any mechanical breakdowns and has only been to the dealer for routine service (oil changes and tire rotations). The OEM tires seem to wear quickly and road noise is more noticeable now and I rotate twice per year. The interior is solid and does not exhibit any rattles or squeaks. Everything works as new. The only complaint is the horrible blind spot that is a product of its cool design. 2012 models did not come with a blind spot mirror, so you must adjust your driving style to avoid potentially dangerous situations during left turns. Overall after 2 years this has been a joy to own and Very Reliable. I have never had any regrets about purchasing this car."

2012 Veloster Blue w/ Style & Tech Package

This car is a eye stopper

By on Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Pros: "Price and quality"

Cons: "Has blind spot from large mirrors"

"The Veloster likes high speed and long distances. On a trip the mileage is averages 57, however in town a low 14-19. It holds the road even with my low profile tires better than any other car I have driven. It does the corners like butter. The hatch back gives me plenty of storage space. For a very low price this is a very high quality automobile."

NIce looking, great sound system but...........

By on Monday, June 09, 2014

Pros: "Looks and sound system in the style pkg"

Cons: "Engine. Barely beats a riding mower"

2012 Veloster Style pkg 17" wheels and awesome sound system

"I am 54 years old and have had many cars both new and used. this car looks great and the sound system is awesome, but the performance is one of the absolute worst I have ever driven. The Dual Clutch Technology is great and all, but there is a distinct pause when you let off the gas and upon acceleration it bucks a bit. Very annoying. Dealer tells me it is normal as the computer delay in detecting if you are in manual or automatic. Highway driving it can't get out of its own way so I have to resort to manual use to get any power what so ever. So if you want something fast get a VW Bug as that car beats the Veloster in the 1/4 mile. I will not buy another Hyundai."

2012 Veloster Style pkg 17" wheels and awesome sound system

Fun to drive, great gas mileage!

By on Saturday, June 07, 2014

Pros: "Gas mileage, great price, fun to drive."

Cons: "Not good for country / rough road driving."

"This is a great car if the area you drive in has smooth rides. It is fun to drive and far exceeds the stated gas mileage (averages 35 or better)."

Great non-family Vehicle

By on Thursday, May 01, 2014

Pros: "3rd door is handy, great tech, handles well"

Cons: "interior size, lower power, younger look"

"I have had the Veloster for just over 2 years now. It has been a great car for me, but I am going to move on. In short, the car handles great and is a joy to drive in (lots of tech features). The upholstery is comfortable and easy to clean. The interior design is very stylish and matches the exterior style. The features are incredible for the price (I stopped at the Style Package; no Tech Package for me) and the driving experience was above average for me. The MPG is totally dependent on how I drive and I get anywhere from 28 mpg to 42 mpg. The low tends to be when there are a lot of stop lights and acceleration afterwards; the high tends to be from long trips where the car sees nothing but highway. It really makes me conscious of how I drive. There have been times when I wish I could've had more pep in the acceleration as well. The 6-speed was built for high MPG and did a good job of that. So why am I "moving on"? For a couple of reasons. First I work at a fortune 500 company, and my car is flashy.... yet "young" looking. Let's just say that wearing a suit is overdressed for this car style (this is my opinion). The other reason is passengers. My wife and I are fine taking the car, but I cannot get my father, mother, or coworkers to take the car frequently. So, we revert to my wife's vehicle for these occasions (which is worse on gas). Again, it is a compact and is expected. Finally, the main reason for "moving on" is the fact about starting a family. I need something a little bigger that will hold a baby seat here shortly and possibly leave in. One back door suffices for me now, but in the future, I will need to use two doors (one baby side, one storage side). I really enjoyed this car, but I am not straying too far from it. I am looking at a cousin of hers name Kia Optima SX. Sporty, but a little more classier looking (European-esque; to me it is like comparing a Civic Hatch vs an Audi A4), more HP, comparable MPG, larger, a couple more options, and more room for passengers! Plus my current car is manual transmission (my wife can, but won't drive it), and the Optima SX is paddle/auto. I know the option is there for Velosters, but I didn't take it the first time."

See if you qualify for