2012 Hyundai Veloster

7.1

Based on 59 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

7.3/10
    7.0/10
    7.5/10
    7.1/10
Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Best design in years

By on Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Pros: "Great on gas, fun to drive, excellent features"

Cons: "voice recognition not so great"

"I bought this car 6 months ago. It was really hard to find! I was looking for a white ultimate package. Which took a few months to find. Ever since I've had the car I have had many compliments on the car. I haven't had any problems with the car. It's fun to drive, I love when the turbo kicks in and I am planning to do some minor modifications to improve the handling. This is my first turbo car and I am glad I went with Hyundai. I decided to do this because of the great warranty, and this is one of their best designed vehicles I've seen in years."

Car is perfect!

By on Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Pros: "Style, dual-clutch trans, gas mileage, 3-doors"

"15,000 miles/One year old. No problems - not one. One reviewer has rattles, mine is tight, no rattles, squeaks, etc. The dual-clutch is a manual auto-shift trans. It is not a normal slush-box, it feels different, i love it. Rain when opening the hatch? No problems with that. No blown speakers (stop turning the volume to 200 and they wont blow, it's not a Led Zepplin concert). Also, easily get 40mpg on freeways using the eco-button, AND the car is not slow. No problems merging on freeways, etc. It is not a drag-racer, it's a daily-driver geared toward fuel economy. Maybe I just got lucky and got a real good one, but in summary, this car has been perfect. I have no regrets and LOVE THIS CAR. 2013 Ironman Silver."

Great Car!

By on Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Pros: "fuel efficient, fun, mean look"

Cons: "small rear head room"

"Best car I have ever owned. The style package is perfect and it brought everything I wanted in the car. the transmission is smooth and its a fun car."

love this car

By on Saturday, November 09, 2013

Pros: "great gas mileage smooth handling sporty look"

Cons: "wish it had a little more horsepower"

"i get complements all the time on this car all the time . its fits my eclectic personality to a tee. this car gets great gas mileage and has a really comfortable ride and interior. mine is boston red with red leather interior and it has the tech and style packages. i hope to have this car for a long time. i would recommend the veloster to anyone that likes a sporty looking and smaller vehicle."

An absolutely brilliant car for the young.

By on Monday, October 07, 2013

Pros: "Brilliant interior amenities and great power"

Cons: "small, unmportant imperfections in quality"

"So, here's the deal. You're probably not going to see too many of these cars on the road or in driveways because, lets face it, the three door design isn't really catching on to the traditional car buyers. But they are depriving themselves of a stylish, sensible, and reliable car that loves to get up and go. I was lucky enough to pick up an "ultra black" Veloster Turbo without the ultimate package (simply because I would lose the deal if I had to get one shipped in) for 19 grand and some change. I got behind the wheel and I fell in love with it instantly. I'm a 19 year old auto school graduate who loves going fast, so you can tell why I gravitated toward the turbo model. The steering is astounding because it has a smooth, luxurious feel to it without sacrificing responsiveness and accuracy. The ride was also a huge selling point for me. It feels as if you are riding on glass when sitting in the front OR the back. Hyundai has kept the body roll to a minimum while reducing the chances of understeer as much as possible in a front wheel drive. If you haven't already done your research, the interior electronics are as easy as they are advanced. The huge touchscreen is beautiful and precise. Its just like using an ipad, just without the glass. And the sound system?... I can't even describe it. Its unbelievable. It will definitely have to be heard first hand to understand my loss for words. My only two issues with the car are minor. 1. The headliner is a tad thin, when you press on it, it pops in and out quite noticeably. It's not really a big deal, just an observation I've made. 2. The front lip of the grille is kind of floppy. Its definitely secure, but it has a bit of a cheap feel to it. I may do something to fix this myself, but I do ask for Hyundai's attention on this. All in all, it is a truly brilliant car. Another visual and practical masterpiece from Hyundai. I really hope that everyone who is in the market looking for a hot hatchback will give the Veloster Turbo a try. You will NOT be disappointed. I know I wasn't."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Hyundai Veloster near Honolulu. See local deals