2012 Hyundai Veloster

7.5

Based on 71 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

7.5/10
    7.4/10

fun to drive

By on Sunday, March 23, 2014

Pros: "excellent gas mileage, priced right, fun to drive"

Cons: "no front passenger adjustable seats"

"fun to drive...YES. This car is sporty, zippy and great on gas. We get lots of looks when we pass. It's not overly ginger-bread with options. Just fun, easy to park. We get 35 to 38 mpg. depending on hills or traffic. The a/c and heater are tops and very comfortable. We wish the front passenger seat could be adjusted to raise higher since the sun visors don't really help. Other than that, no complaints."

Speed, Style, and Value

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

Pros: "Size, Fuel Efficiency, Style, Cargo, Speed, Radio,"

Cons: "Front bumber is a little low, BlueLink is sketchy."

"I bought a 2013 Veloster Turbo Matte Black in November. Nearly every day I tell this car that I love it. It's easy to park, fast, nimble and comfortable and an absolute head-turner. The team at Fairfax Hyundai went above and beyond to make sure I was blissful, and still am. Tech Package- I love my back-up camera, great view, even in the rain. Panoramic sunroof is huge. Cons: The Bluelink is inconsistent and difficult to use (and I'm in the technology field). GPS is not user friendly."

Economic w/ loads of options

By on Thursday, March 13, 2014

Pros: "Cheap to own, fun to drive, MPG-MPG-MPG!!"

"Had my Veloster for 2 weeks now and I love it. Great gas mileage (33 city/45+ hwy). Easy and fun to drive."

would not buy again

By on Saturday, March 08, 2014

Pros: "no pleasure at all to drive"

Cons: "no comment"

"I find the veloster to ride rough on any rood conditions due to the low profile tires.gas milage is not good and entering and exiting is kind of hard ,to short and low over head.also there is no spare tire that comes with the vehicle.bad move."

The worst car I've ever owned

By on Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Pros: "looks alright"

Cons: "Unreliable, terrible driving dynamics, bad quality"

"In 30,000 miles I have had the following work done: Five new head units, Three new clutches, Two new rear brake assemblies, Two new steering wheels, Two new shift knobs, One new rear subframe, and One new transmission. The car is a squeaking, rattling mess. The driving dynamics are horrible - the back of the car kicks out if the road isn't smooth as glass, and the steering is numb and unresponsive. The brakes are mushy and the fluid boils easily. The dealerships are incompetent and routinely damage the car when it's in for service, which it often is. I have nothing good to say about this awful, awful car."

Dissappointing !

By on Monday, March 03, 2014

Pros: "Styling"

Cons: "It does not deliver on many counts"

"It constantly has issues once you use turn by turn. After 2 months, it still thinks I want to continue my route !! The seats are thin and cheesy. The engine and gearbox are dogs ! Too slow and not enough power, the MPG is descent but at the expense of the long waits when you have to go thru the gearbox. I'm done !For the traffic feature ? That is terrible ! I now use my iPhone The suspension is very basic, meaning going over bad surfaces, you rattle your teeth and you feel that the tires lifted off the road a little bit. Blue Link is not very good. After a while I hated to use it. Because it is so inadequate"

100 percent satisfied

By on Monday, January 06, 2014

Pros: "Image, economy, performance"

Cons: "No power seat or auto climate control"

White Lightning

"Great little car, sporty handling, economical to drive, over 30 mpg on regular gas. Has all the latest electronic toys and the glass top is very attractive. Every where I go, I get compliments on the looks. The third door and hatch makes it very convenient to access the rear space. The only thing left to make this the perfect sporty coupe is to put the 2.0L turbo under the hood."

White Lightning

Best design in years

By on Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Pros: "Great on gas, fun to drive, excellent features"

Cons: "voice recognition not so great"

"I bought this car 6 months ago. It was really hard to find! I was looking for a white ultimate package. Which took a few months to find. Ever since I've had the car I have had many compliments on the car. I haven't had any problems with the car. It's fun to drive, I love when the turbo kicks in and I am planning to do some minor modifications to improve the handling. This is my first turbo car and I am glad I went with Hyundai. I decided to do this because of the great warranty, and this is one of their best designed vehicles I've seen in years."

Car is perfect!

By on Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Pros: "Style, dual-clutch trans, gas mileage, 3-doors"

"15,000 miles/One year old. No problems - not one. One reviewer has rattles, mine is tight, no rattles, squeaks, etc. The dual-clutch is a manual auto-shift trans. It is not a normal slush-box, it feels different, i love it. Rain when opening the hatch? No problems with that. No blown speakers (stop turning the volume to 200 and they wont blow, it's not a Led Zepplin concert). Also, easily get 40mpg on freeways using the eco-button, AND the car is not slow. No problems merging on freeways, etc. It is not a drag-racer, it's a daily-driver geared toward fuel economy. Maybe I just got lucky and got a real good one, but in summary, this car has been perfect. I have no regrets and LOVE THIS CAR. 2013 Ironman Silver."

Great Car!

By on Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Pros: "fuel efficient, fun, mean look"

Cons: "small rear head room"

"Best car I have ever owned. The style package is perfect and it brought everything I wanted in the car. the transmission is smooth and its a fun car."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Hyundai Veloster near Honolulu. See local deals