2012 Hyundai Veloster

7.9

Based on 98 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

Best car I've ever owned

By on Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Pros: "Excellent value, very fun to drive"

Cons: "Small back seats"

"The first time I drove (and then owned) a Hyundai I was impress with the value. That was 1994. I now own my fourth Hyundai vehicle with this 2013 Veloster Turbo. Each time I go for a little more horse power than the last. AND each model of Hyundai I've seen over the years ups the quality from the last. They continue to improve and impress. The positives with the Veloster Turbo is the power to weight ratio and all of the extras it comes with; excellent bang for the buck. I test drove a non-turbo'd model and I would not recommend it for anyone who enjoys driving. The handling of this car was an improvement over the Hyundai Tiburon that it replaced for the maker. This is lighter, has more horse power and torque, and is just as sporty. The back seats are not something you'll want to use regularly for anyone taller than 5'4" or so. The front seats however are comfortable to all but very tall people. The cabin is just as stylish as the exterior and everything seems in it's place. Any of the upgraded models above the standard come with key-less entry and push button start AS WELL as a entertainment system that includes access to Sirius/XM radio and Pandora Radio through your smartphone via bluetooth. AND how about a USB plug? Yes, I simply load up a 32gig USB drive with MP3s and the stereo system (7" touch screen) will recognize and play my 5,500 song list album covers and all. I found the 8 speaker system better than most stock systems, however I put in an aftermarket sub-woofer for a bit more low end kick. This car is perfect for a commute or a road trip for a driver and one passenger."

Matte Gray. Beautiful

By on Saturday, July 25, 2015

"Like off the show room floor"

love this car

By on Saturday, November 09, 2013

Pros: "great gas mileage smooth handling sporty look"

Cons: "wish it had a little more horsepower"

"i get complements all the time on this car all the time . its fits my eclectic personality to a tee. this car gets great gas mileage and has a really comfortable ride and interior. mine is boston red with red leather interior and it has the tech and style packages. i hope to have this car for a long time. i would recommend the veloster to anyone that likes a sporty looking and smaller vehicle."

Some Love Lost

By on Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Pros: "Great Looking, Tech Savy extras"

Cons: "Noisy OEM tires, rough shifting"

"I bought this car new and have put all the miles on it myself. I loved the look of this car from the moment I first saw it. It has great style and I love the panorama roof. Despite all of my previous vehicles having leather seats, I did not miss them at all in the Veloster. Hyundai certainly has put alot of time and effort into interior styling, as the car has just about every bell and whistle possible. And the gas mileage has met my expectations for the most part. So why didn't I rate it a 10? Because like other reviewers I dislike the hesitation during exceleration from a complete stop. The only way to avoid it is to use the manual paddle shift. In automatic the car just has no get up and go, and the hesitation from 1st to 2nd is really bad. Also, the OEM tires (Kuhmo) were terrible. They wore out very quickly and were very noisy. I had to replace two before I had even 20,000 miles on the car....I'm a 56 year old women (not a teenager tearing up the road). And the minute I replaced the first 2 tires, I noticed a significant difference in noise level. Overall I have really enjoyed owning this car, although disappointed by the OEM tires and hesitation."

NIce looking, great sound system but...........

By on Monday, June 09, 2014

Pros: "Looks and sound system in the style pkg"

Cons: "Engine. Barely beats a riding mower"

2012 Veloster Style pkg 17" wheels and awesome sound system

"I am 54 years old and have had many cars both new and used. this car looks great and the sound system is awesome, but the performance is one of the absolute worst I have ever driven. The Dual Clutch Technology is great and all, but there is a distinct pause when you let off the gas and upon acceleration it bucks a bit. Very annoying. Dealer tells me it is normal as the computer delay in detecting if you are in manual or automatic. Highway driving it can't get out of its own way so I have to resort to manual use to get any power what so ever. So if you want something fast get a VW Bug as that car beats the Veloster in the 1/4 mile. I will not buy another Hyundai."

2012 Veloster Style pkg 17" wheels and awesome sound system

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Hyundai Veloster near Honolulu. See local deals