2012 Hyundai Veloster

7.1

Based on 59 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

7.3/10
    7.0/10
    7.5/10
    7.1/10
Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Pros: "Great looks."

Cons: "Very unreliable! Horrible customer service!"

"My wife and I purchased a brand NEW 2013 Hyundai Veloster in May 2013. It now has 8,200 miles on it and has been to the dealer on three separate occasions for the same problem. The stereo will go dead, then in a day or two the car itself will be dead! The first two times it had to be towed because it would not start. This last time it happened on March 13th 2014 and we just got the vehicle back today April 2nd 2014. At least this time we were able to get it to the dealer before it stranded us again. The first time the vehicle had 201 miles on it. The second time it had about 6,000 miles on it. This last time as I stated it had about 8,200 miles on it. My wife and I have both expressed our concerns about the reliability of this vehicle and concerns about being stranded again. We have asked Hyundai if we can get out from under this vehicle and are even willing to give another Hyundai a try. However the offer they gave us will not even pay off the car. We have emailed and called Hyundai Consumer Affairs again and are waiting on a response. We asked the dealer today if we could hold off picking up the problem Veloster until we here back again from Hyundai Consumer Affairs because we were concerned of the possibility of getting stranded again and were told we could not. If you are considering purchasing a Hyundai, at this time I would have to recommend against it. I do believe it is possible that we just happened to get a “bad one”. However Hyundai does not appear to be in any hurry to make this right which concerns me."

Pros: "Great looks."

Cons: "Very unreliable! Horrible customer service!"

Cons: "Very unreliable!! Customer service is non-existant"

"My wife and I purchased a brand NEW 2013 Hyundai Veloster in May 2013. It now has 8,200 miles on it and has been to the dealer on three separate occasions for the same problem. At first the stereo will go dead, then a day or two later the car will itself will go dead. It will not start, turn over, or even click. The first two times it had to be towed because it would not start. This last time it happened on March 13th 2014 and we just got the vehicle back today April 2nd 2014. At least this time we were able to get it to the dealer before it stranded us again. The first time the vehicle had 201 miles on it. The second time it had about 6,000 miles on it. This last time as I stated it had about 8,200 miles on it. My wife and I have both expressed our concerns about the reliability of this vehicle and concerns about being stranded again. We have asked Hyundai if we can get out from under this vehicle and are even willing to give another Hyundai a try. However the offer they gave us will not even pay off the car. They are only offering us "Black Book" for the Veloster. We have emailed and called Hyundai Consumer Affairs again and again. We asked the dealer if we could hold off picking up the problem Veloster until we here back again from Hyundai Consumer Affairs because we were concerned of the possibility of getting stranded again and were told we could not. And as of this post 4/11/2014 Hyundai still has not made us an offer above "Black Book" for a car with 8,300 miles and 10 months old. If you are considering purchasing a Hyundai, at this time I would have to recommend against it. I do believe it is possible that we just happened to get a “bad one”. However Hyundai does not appear to be in any hurry to make this right which concerns me. They do not care about their customers. We are filing a claim with the BBB over this."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Hyundai Veloster near Honolulu. See local deals