2014 Hyundai Tucson Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,919 - $21,376.

10/7.1

8.1

Based on 115 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

Not Happy

By on Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Pros: "Price"

Cons: "Electrical issues, mileage not as advertised."

"We have had our 2011 Tuscon for 6 months. We are already expereincing electrical problems. The grade logic and traction control lights have begun to stay on for long periods of time indicating there is a problem with the traction system. One of the 12v ports in front does not work. We have had 2 occasions where the shifter would not go in park indicating a brake switch problem or some other electrical issue."

I love the car

By on Friday, June 17, 2011

Pros: "Great value when compared to comparable vehicles. Drives like a luxury car."

Cons: "Rear window small when backing up."

"I think the car is great. I had a 2006 Tuscon and this is like stepping out of a utility vehicle and into a luxury SUV. My only disappointment is the rear visibilty for backing up. It has a relatively small back window and I find I must rely on my side view mirrors.... not good for somebody taught to turn around and look out the back window when backing up. As for mileage, it is as good as they say if you stay below about 60 mph... easy to do on country roads that are posted for 40-50 mph. Have gotten as high as 29.5 mpg on a tank when driving mainly country roads where an Interstate was not an option. Was amazed. When I am on the highway and my foot gets heavy and I go 80 mph the mileage drops to about 25 mpg.... still very good. Am considering getting an AWD Tuscon when I trade this one in even though I have had no trouble in New England in the snow when roads are reasonably plowed. Maybe it will be available in a hybrid that gets 40 mpg by then."

Disappointed

By on Sunday, June 05, 2011

Pros: "Style is nice, lots of features, love the sound system"

Cons: "Back window doesn't open, cheap made, noisy. Falls back into the old Hyundai quality"

"While the Tucson has some nice features i will not buy another Hyundai.I have overall been very disappointed with this car. You can't see the display screen during certain parts of the day, making the backup camera useless. The gas mileage is awful and not what advertised. The paint is cheap, at times the car is slow to engage when excellerating, the back window does not opne making it hard to haul long items, i.e. window blinds. The blue tooth is woreless and the voice commands cannot follow commands."

Great Value For The Money

By on Tuesday, May 03, 2011

"For a small SUV you get great stlying and economy plus performance from a ever eager 4 banger The powertraine warranty is the best...ride quality is very nice...The 6 speed trany is one of the best..very sure and never hunting for the next gear..allways a pleasure to ride in...Hyundai hit a home run with this new and improved mode. The navagation system and back up camera is a great upgrade..."

Deceased Tucson

By on Wednesday, April 27, 2011

"I bought this 2011 Tucson on 4th of July 2010. The only reason I bought this vehicle coz its a crossover & claimed to give 23 mpg in city & minimum 28 in Hwy. We've a small baby & wanted something high rise & spacious car to accomdate baby stuff & it worked well for all that. But I was highly disappointed with the fact that it would hardly give 18 mpg in city. I drive around in LA & believe me this car is not a gas saver in crowded cities but defintely a gas saved compared to Honda CRV 2010. Anyway, just 2 weeks ago when I was on my way to work I got hit by a speeding car on the passenger side & all the side air bags deployed. My car was slighlty lifted up in the air for few milli seconds on the passenger side at the time of impact & fell back. Thank God, it did not toppled. I some how managed & got out of the car had a struggle a bit with door as it wouldn't open. I did not get hurt & was absolutelty alrite. The driver of the car was hurt by the airbags on his wheel. My car was deemed total loss. This car saved my life but this time I will go for a different car just coz of the mileage. If this car could give the advertised mpg then without any questions I would again go for this car. The reason Hyundai deserves only 1 OverALL rating due to misleading adverstments of MPG. Still on look out for a new car.."