• 2014 Compact SUVs

2014 Hyundai Tucson Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,243 - $21,620.

10/7.1

8.1

Based on 94 Ratings for the 2010 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25
Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

I love the Tucson.

By on Sunday, March 30, 2014

Pros: "Fun to Drive"

Cons: "None that i have on the Tucson"

"I like to take my Tucson on trips"

better than expected for 4cin.;mileage not as adve

By on Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive; 4wd good; mileage not as advertised;"

Cons: "driver seat belt; driver side entrance too small-m"

"handles well, driver seat belt difficult; must duck to enter driver/s side for big person"

A wonderful choice!

By on Thursday, February 13, 2014

Pros: "Price, comfort, fun, driveability, value"

Cons: "A bit noisy at highway speeds, rear seats not flat"

"I own the 2012 Limited Edition with all the bells and whistles. I got a great deal and needed a new vehicle to replace my old CR-V. I have had absolutely no issues at all, just oil changes. Great looks, reasonable gas mileage, spacious --even more so with the panoramic roof--."

Great Little SUV!

By on Saturday, January 25, 2014

Pros: "Appearance, interior, drive/handling, style, fun!"

Cons: "Lower MPG than advertised, TINY gas tank"

"I have leased this vehicle for 3 years and 36k miles and I can say it is a great value! It is loaded with a bunch of extra cost features that Hyundai includes in their base vehicle, including Bluetooth phone and garage door opener, etc. I have the GLS upgraded model and still get complements on the outside looks after 3 years. The reliability is 100%, the fit and finish is great. It drives and handles like a sporty small car, not at all like a SUV. Leather seats are great and seat heaters very nice, even in Florida! Actually holds a lot of stuff with rear seats down. Only negatives are the inside materials (i.e. plastic rear sides, etc.) get marked up very easily when you carry things and the marks do not come off. The electronic dash data screen is blue, very small and very hard to read especially in bright sunlight. The largest complaint I have is about gas mileage versus the "EPA Estimates". Window sticker said 24/31 for this vehicle and it is one of the reasons I selected it. Could never get even close to the 31 highway MPG. With 2 passengers and small luggage I get 25-26 at best. Nothing wrong with that but I really wanted the advertised mileage. Last complaint - the gas tank is TINY and the low fuel system tells me to fill up when it will hold all of 12-13 gallons max! Overall the other features out weight these complaints and they may have been corrected in newer models. Really a great vehicle and I would certainly recommend it!!"

Best car ever

By on Friday, January 24, 2014

Pros: "low low price, high fuel economy, nice styling"

Cons: "Jiggling to drive"

"1.The styling is awesome but, the price is so cheep I can not believe it. 2.It is the best fuel economy in the class. 3.Even it is not the top of the line(2013 GLS), it has comfortable seat covered with cloth-leather mixed. 4.Driving is kind of jiggling. 5.Driving control is very good. 6.Exhaust sound is very good."

Very nice, you'll love it

By on Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Pros: "Great for the price, great looks, drive's nice."

Cons: "could use a bit more power"

"I recently purchased this vehicle and just fell in love with it right away. To be honest there is nothing fancy about the interior ie: no bells and whisltes. I don't need all the gadgets. For the price, it is a great driving vehicle. I highly recommend the Tucson to anyone looking for a smaller SUV type of vehicle. Test drive one for yourself that's the only way to find out that you'll like it, obviously."

Nice SUV

By on Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Pros: "Good mileage, good view of road, great turning"

Cons: "Slide seat bolesters could be a little less"

"Leased this moving from a 2009 Sonata Limited to a 2014 Tucson Limited. From a V6 to a 4 I found the engine loud at first but am getting use to it. Dash is well laid out, SUV turns very tight, back up camera is great and very easy to get use to. Like very much not needing a key with the push button start plus opening doors without a key. If your short you may need a cushion (5' under) and the side mirrors could stand to be a bit larger."

An excellent SUV with no significant flaws.

By on Thursday, December 12, 2013

Pros: "Great engine; warranty; styling; maneuverability"

Cons: "slightly stiff drive over very bad roads"

"This SUV looks and drives wonderfully. It is comfortable and no passengers have ever complained. The only minor problem that I have noticed is that it is a bit stiff driving over broken roads. Family members rarely mention this except if we are driving over severely damaged roads. In the drivers seat I have not noticed this however. The interior is made of excellent materials, and the SUV is spacious, and has great capacity for moving most things around. The back seats recline a bit, although this is not advertised, and also bend forward easily for trunk storage should you ever need to move large items. Parking is easy with this one, and I bought two, as I liked it so much (one for me to use for work and one for my daughter, a college student). We both love it."

Good for a small Family

By on Saturday, November 16, 2013

"I bought my Tucson 2013 end of last year. I like the outlook and it's a nice family vehicle. Hyundai after sales is excellent. People who wanted to have high horse power vehicle should not buy this. This is good for smooth driving and you will enjoy driving Tucson. It gives a good millage on GAS. Hyundai is world's fourth largest manufacturer. If you are a small family and wanted to buy a nice looking SUV consider Tucson."

Easy to drive very dependable

By on Friday, November 15, 2013

Pros: "Turning Radius, Gas Mileage, Dependability"

Cons: "Does not offer some of the luxury type of features"

"I downgraded from an F250 to a 2012 Tucson 2 years ago. I love the turning radius and the easy of parking that this compact suv offers. At the same time I don’t feel like I am sitting in a small car. In addition the dependability is great, I have not had a single issue in 2 years."

Great small SUV / Crossover

By on Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Pros: "High mileage. Good styling and value."

Cons: "Could use a little more H.P. without lowering MPG."

"I have a 2011 Hyundai Tucson Limited 2.4 liter with auto geartronic transmission. It averages approx 22 MPG combo driving city/highway. It's a very versatile small vehicle with a small 4 cylinder engine that's good enough for those that don't haul large loads, carry 5 passengers, or tow. The navigational system/stereo is excellent."

do not buy

By on Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Pros: "bluetooth, low maintaince"

Cons: "MPG, acceleration, feels loose wet roads"

"I am a tall male. I got this vehicle because of back issues. The vehicle does allow me ease of entry and exiting, and the seating for me is 7/10. The problems are the locations of the A/C vents for the driver. They are behind the 10 & 2 positions on the steering-wheel. Therefore I get frostbite on my hands while I sweat in the lower Alabama heat and humidity. The acceleration is very poor, and I am nervous pulling our to cross 4-lane roads at times. And, not to mention the gas fiasco, the sticker on the vehicle is rated at 23/32, more like 18/24. (I fill my vehicle up when I get gas and reset the trip meter to calculate my MPG.) The 18/24 rating is correct. I have had the vehicle 15mo, and will not buy another. I am looking at a 2013 RAV4."

GREAT CAR

By on Thursday, September 19, 2013

Pros: "gas mileage . style"

Cons: "some road surfaces can be a little noise"

"We purchased this Hyundai certified 2011 tucson with 21k miles on it. It has been a great car. Gas mileage is 25mpg.For an AWD thats pretty good.Its been very dependable and looks great.We get many compliments on it. It could be a bit more quite on some road surfaces.I would purchase ths vehicle again!"

Great Litle SUV

By on Saturday, August 24, 2013

Pros: "Price, fun to drive, looks great"

Cons: "Audio system (speakers)"

"Before I get into this review let me say, this SUV is not a Lexus, BMW, etc... However for the price I paid I really don't care. For what I paid I can look past the fact it doesn't have the luxury equipment the aforementioned have. Pros: Looks great, handles great (mine is a 5speed manual and it's actually fun to drive in the mountains!), perfect for my wife and I and our little one. The seats are comfortable and it has all the standard features we need to get us around. Cons: The audio system gets a 4/10 in the sound department. Function wise it's great but the sound quality stinks. Mind you, it's fine at low normal volumes but it just can't handle high volumes very well. Nothing that $200 worth of good speakers can't fix. Reliability over the past year and a half has been stellar. Change the oil and go! We love this SUV!"

Great for what it's meant to be-keep that in mind

By on Thursday, August 22, 2013

Pros: "Fuel economy, car-like handling, good looks"

Cons: "Engine sound (noise, but not "good sounding")"

"I went from a 2003 BMW 330i 5-speed with the sport package to this...mostly out of necessity. I was starting to average $230 a month on maintenance, and I had a 4 year old, so I needed to shift priorities. It is a very "handsome" small CUV...not a sexy car, but not ugly, and actually has very nice lines (very akin to some of those by BMW and Mazda in their small SUV/CUVs). It's not NEARLY as fun as a powerful sports car, but it's not meant to be. It actually drives/handles better than most rental cars I've driven before. I just have to remember to shave 20-35 mph off what I was used to in normal driving with the bimmer. It does excellent at what it's supposed to do, but I apparently have some separation issues. ;-) It's definitely a worthwhile vehicle to consider if you need to make a change like I did. I didn't rate reliability since I've only had my CPO Tucson for 6 weeks."

I want this vehicle

By on Thursday, August 15, 2013

I want this car

Pros: "Good visability and driveability"

Cons: "I didn't find a negative in the week of driving"

"I was just recently on a trip to New England and rented a vehicle from Providence. They gave me the Tuscan. Loaded up and went to Cape Cod, Boston, Mt Washington, Vermont and Hartford. This was the most solid vehicle. Road noise was so reduced that I just couldn't believe that I was in a minisuv and not a Deluxe vehicle. Fuel, ease of entry, the lack of blind spots all made me want to trade in my Impala for a Tuscan."

Love my Hyundai

By on Friday, July 12, 2013

Pros: "affortable price, stylish and fun to drive"

Cons: "noise level"

"I was a Jeep owner for over 20 years and decided to downsize for better gas mileage. Test drove a few smaller suv's and crossovers, and when I test drove the Tuscon, I immediately knew it was going to be my next vehichle. Great value for the price, along with both stylish exterior and user friendly interior. The ride is pretty smooth and it can get out of its own way if the need arises. The few complaints I have are minor...interior noise level is a little high, the Bluetooth feature is not reliable even after dealer fixed it, and the small anchors for the floormats keep coming off. Overall I love it and would absolutely recommend this vehichle."

Don't want to get rid of this car

By on Thursday, July 11, 2013

Pros: "excellent value"

"Have had this auto for three years, routine maintenance, gas mileage 26 in town and 30-31 on the road. I wish I thought the new models were as good"

Good car it works very well for standard use

By on Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Pros: "Manoeuvring and gas"

Cons: "Space and comfort"

"I am really pleased with this car. Previously I had a Ford Escape and the difference between this two cars it's huge, the Tucson have a lot more capability of manoeuvring. The Escape has more space and it's more comfortable but the Tucson is OK."

great little car

By on Wednesday, April 24, 2013

"great little car, good fuel mileage and fun to drive"

Best vehicle ever owned

By on Saturday, April 13, 2013

Pros: "Great fun driving and sitting"

Cons: "Little noisy on highway !"

"I own 2013 Hyundai Tucson over a year, and it's just excellent vehicle I had ever owned. It's just amazing to drive . Compared with it's rival it is very competitive. Anyway much cheaper then any others. It does definitely make little noise while on highway drive but feels like 4 wheeler while driving. But when I start the cars I has my friends often asked me, is your car started yet ? So on city driving it doesn't make much noise. And it does gives excellent gas mileage ."

Very disappointing, never again

By on Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Pros: "Great warranty, looks good"

Cons: "Noisy, poor workmanship."

"Have had on-going problem with lack of acceleration response when pushing gas pedal. Problem is difficult to duplicate. Dealership has made several attempts but not able to duplicate this problem. This is a SAFETY issue! Also road/wind noise very noticeable. Hyundai has tested and says it is within allowable limits. I think it is very poor. Not happy with this vehicle and have not had any real satisfaction from Hyundai corporate."

Great cross over

By on Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Pros: "Very responsive handeling, fun"

"I traded my Uplander for this . Basically downsizing. Funny thing was the Tucson has more cargo space. Some say the ride is a little rough, but if you ever drove or own the Sonata you will find the handling characteristics the same.I own the GLS model Tucson and when thinking of the smaller rear window still gives you plenty reward vision. For passing you have great view on the sides with the side windows placement. Now for the rear seating I had a fairly big fellow in the back seat and without adjust the front seat he was very comfortable with plenty of leg room. yes the 4 cylinder motor is a bit noisy, but that is par for most 4 bangers. Over all the style,looks and handling is great on this vehicle."

My second Hyundai

By on Saturday, January 05, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, feels expensive."

Cons: "Passenger seat, windshield glare, no HD radio."

Parked and ready to roll.

"I traded in my '05 Elantra for the 2013 Tucson limited. I've only had it a week but I am constantly looking for an excuse to drive it. Comfortable seating, decent pickup and just fun to drive. Only negative is passenger seat does not elevate. Also too much glare in sun on front window. All I all glad I have it."

Parked and ready to roll.

Best vehicle I have ever owned

By on Friday, October 26, 2012

Pros: "Everything!!!"

Cons: "A little road noise."

"Can't beat it for value, looks or quality! I have about 7500 miles and love everything about it! I get complements everywhere I go!"

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25