2014 Hyundai Tucson Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,856 - $21,337.

10/7.1

8.1

Based on 115 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

great suv,excellent value

By on Wednesday, January 14, 2015

"I bought this new and find it to be a fine suv.no problems what so ever and the warranty is hard to beat"

not my favorite

By on Thursday, January 01, 2015

Pros: "price was ok. very good on gas"

Cons: "vents hard to adjust fan squeals seats not comfy"

"very cheaply made, little things started falling apart early on, rattles and squeaks early on compared to previous vehicle that didn't start showing signs of age till it hit 100,000miles. had 2 recalls,Had planned on this being my last car purchase but after 3 years am looking for something else"

Good, Dependable car

By on Thursday, December 11, 2014

Pros: "exterior design-nice reliable basic transportation"

Cons: "noisy and interior looks cheap"

"You can tell this is an inexpensive car by the appointments inside the car- Parts of the drivers cabin look cheap and boring- This car allows way too much outside noise and is not for anyone that has driven a more expensive SUV in the past- It does do what you expect it to do- take you from 1 point to another economically-Not the most comfortable ride in the world but not terrible-"

Base Model is Great Value

By on Thursday, November 06, 2014

Pros: "Great value. Easy to park. Versitile. Good on gas."

Cons: "Seats are a bit stiff, hard plastic interior."

"We tend to buy new, base models. We are not interested in frills, leather, or tonnes of expensive options. The Tucson was not even on our radar when we started searching. We were surprised that the base model (GL) was so well equipped. We were going to buy the manual version, but due an invoice price sale, found that the automatic was the better value. We read many reviews leading up to our purchase, but generally found that the “flaws” pointed out about the Tucson were relatively minor when you consider the price difference between it and other makes. For example, reviews noted that the back seats were “cramped”. But, as a tall family, we have not found that to be the case at all. Our kids have plenty of room."

Great car for money..

By on Monday, November 03, 2014

"For it's size , is good ride, excellent gas mileage with no major problems since bought.."

Best Vehicle

By on Thursday, October 30, 2014

"Great Vehicle for families or for someone who has bad luck with cars in the past, stick with Hyundai! best warranty."

good car at good value

By on Monday, October 20, 2014

Pros: "good price, nimble, economical, nice looks"

Cons: "some interior noise; quirky on its feet;"

"I am pushing 70 and grew up working in my Dad's service station so I have been picky about quality and ride. Our 2010 Tucson has served us well as a daily work car for my wife and short distance weekend trips., Good(not great)quality inside and out. Drawbacks: too light on its feet. Didn't compare to highway ride of our Pilot or Tribeca. Doesn't soak up all bumps and allows some road noise in cabin due to limited insulation to keep weight down and fuel mileage up. Minor electrical problems. All resolved under warranty. Ride significantly improved with change to Michelins. Overall good value but I want to move to something with better road comfort."

Excellent mechanical performance.

By on Thursday, October 16, 2014

Pros: "Good Value. Excellent Reliability."

Cons: "Flooring,Carpets and gas tank must be upgraded."

"Gas tank too small. Floor mats and carpeting are worst than poor. Interior has too much plastic like material. Interior of trunk lid cracked when closing. However, the overall vehicle styling and performance make up for the above mentioned shortcomings."

I have had an Expedition, BMW 525I, Cadillac STS

By on Friday, October 10, 2014

Pros: "DURABLE with kids"

Cons: "I can't find a reason to trade."

"and when my husband took me to get a Hyandai Tuscan I was kind of shocked. In comparison this car has held every bit of it's value and ability to handle my tough family. I promise you this is the FIRST vehicle I would go back and get another in a minute!"

Nice little SUV

By on Monday, September 22, 2014

"I really like this vehicle, lots of features for the price range. Drives nice, not too big, not too small. Good sound system. Handles well in foul weather conditions. Would have given tens across the board except for a few minor missing features: Would prefer the seat adjustment and side mirrors to have 'memory'. The back hatch could be easier to open and close. There is only one small light in the back storage area which doesn't provide enough light, particularly if items are on that side of the compartment. Gas mileage could be better, but I understand the AWD cuts into it. AC is slow to cool when very hot. All that said, it's a got a lot going for it considering the price. I enjoy driving it and is great for trips to the beach or long weekends away."

Reliable, comfortable vehicle

By on Sunday, September 07, 2014

Cons: "lacks heated side mirrors, back up camera"

"The car is very reliable and Hyundai has been great to work with. They offered the fuel reimbursement program due to a minor error in the estimated mileage when I purchased the car. I trust this brand."

Good deal for the money!

By on Friday, August 15, 2014

"This car has done and is doing more than we expected.Fun to drive, economical, and not a bad looker. Not the most powerful engine, but we weren't expecting power with a 4 cyl. But for a 4 cyl it does fine."

It is nice in summer but fairly good for summer.

By on Thursday, August 07, 2014

Pros: "I love it's price compared with its competitors"

Cons: "It has enough space for the cups for all 5 people"

"I own 2013 Hyundai Gls front wheel drive that is purchased in July 2012. I bought it that time just Because I was looking for a nice looking crossover with good gas milage and comfortable ride and Tucson did satisfy my interest. I like it for everything like it has a very comfortable ride and attractive interior design. I love it driving on highway with normal drive and sometime with on cruse. It runs really good on both kind of drive. I also like its crear sound speakers. It looks kind of short but still is very roomy. Cargo space feels like not big enough but still not too bad compared with my brother's CR-V 2013, I'm satisfied with that too. When I need more room I fold the rear seats and that creates lot of cargo space. The only drawback I saw on this front wheel drive model is in when I drive on snowy day. It often is not very much on the right lane that I'm supposed to be as when I compare with other running cars. I had few bad driving experience with it even I did not had anything bad happened. Over all I still recommend it to others as I still love it even after I treaded with SUB as I need more room for my family size."

worst road noise!!

By on Sunday, August 03, 2014

Pros: "good gas mileage"

Cons: "road noise, no rear air vents"

"Uncomfortable ride, road noise is rediculous"

Good Car, Not Great, but Phenomenal Value

By on Friday, August 01, 2014

Pros: "Stylish Exterior, Unbeatable Value, Just Works"

Cons: "Stiff Ride, Ok Steering, Engine Could Be Stronger"

"We just purchased this car not long ago for our newborn to be trucked around in and I can honestly say that this car is worth checking out. No, it's not wrapped in the best leather and the plastic dashboard is both a pro and a con. The front seat is a bit stiff but the heated seats on the GLS we got sort of make up for it I guess. It's just a nice standard amenity they added to the GLS. The ride is a little stiff as well and the steering is unimpressive. I know this probably doesn't sound like the ringing endorsement but this car is not for someone who is used to driving a Mercedes. The point of this car is to give you the best bang for your buck. And it does just that all while still hanging in the middle of the compact SUV pack in just about every category. Personally I think it's one of the best looking if not THE best looking compact SUV in its class. The AWD handles just fine on ours. Actually off road it's pretty impressive coming from a Hyundai. Expect a little better gas mileage if you opt for the FWD version. The XM Satellite radio is a nice feature too. If you have kids (or I guess if you don't have kids) and are wanting a newer car that does just about the exact same thing a more expensive car in it's class does for less money, and you don't want to be dragged up past the $25,000 range then I would highly recommend this vehicle. It will get you from point A to point B and you will feel safe and fairly comfortable. So far we've had no mechanical issues with our Tucson."

Unhappy would not recommend

By on Friday, July 18, 2014

Cons: "very poor value"

"Very noisy, poor ride, no auto release/close on tailgate gas tank too small, very limited distance per tank of gas manual slide to show moon roof"

A good car. (SUV)

By on Monday, June 30, 2014

Reason: I could afford to

Pros: "I liked it."

Cons: "See comments above."

"The clutch was a "bit touchy." I have driven a manual trans. car for over 50 years. Nonetheless, I would stall this car every so often. That shouldn't happen to an experienced driver, but it did. I had three Honda Civic's prior and never had that problem. Conclusion: it wasn't the fault of the driver."

Best vehicle I have ever owned.

By on Thursday, June 12, 2014

Pros: "very good price, great gas mileage"

Cons: "there are no ashtrays or lighters"

"I have owned over ten vehicles in the past years that included AWD and 4WD. None of which have been a "car," but were either a SUV or like the Hyundai Tucson which is able to hold a lot more than the normal vehicle. I have yet to have a problem with the vehicle. Whether it be rain or snow, the Hyundai Tucson has driven perfectly through the seasons. I do not get the sense of "top-heaviness- that I have from other makes such us as Nissan or Toyota in the similar categories. What surprises me is the gas mileage. I receive better gas mileage with my 2.4L engine than my neighbor's 2.0L engine bought the same year. That allows me a little extra money in my pocket that the Mrs. does not need to know about *laugh*. I love this car so much because I had bought this car and within 30 minutes I was slammed into by an 18-wheeler on the interstate. The 18-wheeler must have been going close to 70 mph and I went over an embankment, finally landed, and proceeded to roll at least six times. I am alive today because of this car. I sustained scratches and bruises from the accident, but the majority of my injuries came from the air bags protecting my life. I was able to walk away from the scene of that accident without broken bones or needing stitches. I will always purchase a Hyundai from now on."

This is my second Hyundai vehicle great cars!

By on Sunday, May 18, 2014

Pros: "Super value, repair free!"

Cons: "Front seat a tad stiff and a bit uncomfortable"

"This being my second Hyundai this Tuscan has performed extremely well. No issues other than tires and brake on either vehicle. The Sonata I owned prior was an amazing car and after 140k I traded it in for the Tuscan"

good suv with some flaws

By on Sunday, May 18, 2014

Pros: "great looking"

Cons: "horse power -rides bad on bumpy roads"

"needs more horse power and the ride over rough roads is bad on the 2013 gls model."

A little "jumpy"

By on Saturday, April 19, 2014

"It is a little "jumpy""

I love the Tucson.

By on Sunday, March 30, 2014

Pros: "Fun to Drive"

Cons: "None that i have on the Tucson"

"I like to take my Tucson on trips"

better than expected for 4cin.;mileage not as adve

By on Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive; 4wd good; mileage not as advertised;"

Cons: "driver seat belt; driver side entrance too small-m"

"handles well, driver seat belt difficult; must duck to enter driver/s side for big person"

A wonderful choice!

By on Thursday, February 13, 2014

Pros: "Price, comfort, fun, driveability, value"

Cons: "A bit noisy at highway speeds, rear seats not flat"

"I own the 2012 Limited Edition with all the bells and whistles. I got a great deal and needed a new vehicle to replace my old CR-V. I have had absolutely no issues at all, just oil changes. Great looks, reasonable gas mileage, spacious --even more so with the panoramic roof--."

Great Little SUV!

By on Saturday, January 25, 2014

Pros: "Appearance, interior, drive/handling, style, fun!"

Cons: "Lower MPG than advertised, TINY gas tank"

"I have leased this vehicle for 3 years and 36k miles and I can say it is a great value! It is loaded with a bunch of extra cost features that Hyundai includes in their base vehicle, including Bluetooth phone and garage door opener, etc. I have the GLS upgraded model and still get complements on the outside looks after 3 years. The reliability is 100%, the fit and finish is great. It drives and handles like a sporty small car, not at all like a SUV. Leather seats are great and seat heaters very nice, even in Florida! Actually holds a lot of stuff with rear seats down. Only negatives are the inside materials (i.e. plastic rear sides, etc.) get marked up very easily when you carry things and the marks do not come off. The electronic dash data screen is blue, very small and very hard to read especially in bright sunlight. The largest complaint I have is about gas mileage versus the "EPA Estimates". Window sticker said 24/31 for this vehicle and it is one of the reasons I selected it. Could never get even close to the 31 highway MPG. With 2 passengers and small luggage I get 25-26 at best. Nothing wrong with that but I really wanted the advertised mileage. Last complaint - the gas tank is TINY and the low fuel system tells me to fill up when it will hold all of 12-13 gallons max! Overall the other features out weight these complaints and they may have been corrected in newer models. Really a great vehicle and I would certainly recommend it!!"