2014 Hyundai Tucson Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,723 - $21,311.

10/7.1

8.1

Based on 132 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

I would buy another with upgrades

By on Sunday, December 18, 2011

Pros: "looks good, good gas mileage, plenty of leg room."

"Being a home health nurse, I've put 40,000 miles on it in 18 months. It rides great, looks good, has plenty of room for my needs. I love the bluetooth. I would like to upgrade to all wheel drive with leather and the sunroof, so I'll probably give this one to my daughter."

best bang for the buck

By on Sunday, January 22, 2012

Pros: "got EVERTHING for the price of base on diff make"

Cons: "a bit loud"

"great little SUV"

GREAT VEHICLE, FANTASTIC VALUE

By on Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Pros: "great price, very fun to drive in all weather"

Cons: "Not much to speak of, 2 years in nothing wrong"

"Fun to drive, looks great, good mileage, comfortable, easy to use accesories. Will recommend to others, will buy another in the future."

Easy to drive very dependable

By on Friday, November 15, 2013

Pros: "Turning Radius, Gas Mileage, Dependability"

Cons: "Does not offer some of the luxury type of features"

"I downgraded from an F250 to a 2012 Tucson 2 years ago. I love the turning radius and the easy of parking that this compact suv offers. At the same time I don’t feel like I am sitting in a small car. In addition the dependability is great, I have not had a single issue in 2 years."

Nice SUV

By on Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Pros: "Good mileage, good view of road, great turning"

Cons: "Slide seat bolesters could be a little less"

"Leased this moving from a 2009 Sonata Limited to a 2014 Tucson Limited. From a V6 to a 4 I found the engine loud at first but am getting use to it. Dash is well laid out, SUV turns very tight, back up camera is great and very easy to get use to. Like very much not needing a key with the push button start plus opening doors without a key. If your short you may need a cushion (5' under) and the side mirrors could stand to be a bit larger."

Great Vehicle!

By on Monday, April 02, 2012

Cons: "my three year old can kick the back of the seat."

"Great vehicle, great gas mileage! Same size as my civic, but in an suv with similiar gas mileage."

So far - so good

By on Sunday, August 09, 2015

Pros: "Great standard features and value"

Cons: "Not yet sure about seat comfort on legs"

"I've put 1300 miles on the 2015 Tucson SE. Here is what I can tell you. Gas mileage thru the first 1300 miles has averaged around 28 in mixed driving but a little more highway than city so far.The computer shows it getting about 28.6 so that's close enough to my calculations that I'm beginning to trust the computer. The SE has the larger engine, a 2.4 and it has plenty of pep to suit me. It is noticeably quicker than the 2.0 The ride is very smooth on decent roads but I do notice the harsher bumps more than I did on my Sonata. Overall I'm satisfied with the ride. Road noise and wind noise seem about average to me. Neither is a problem. This is my first SUV and I had been concerned about visibility after reading reviews. It hasn't been a problem for me. Admittedly there is a little more of a blind spot than the average family sedan but not as much as I was led to believe. Forward visibility is excellent and the seating position is high. I can actually see the hood while I'm driving. There is ample legroom, front and back. I had a problem with my right knee hitting the center console on most of the SUV's I tested. The RAV4 had the most knee room followed by the Tucson. I am 5' 10" and when I adjust the driver seat to give myself plenty of legroom there is still about 3"-4" inches of knee room in the back seat. Now, if the front passenger has the seat back reclined a good bit to take a nap then an adult will lose that knee room in the back, but a child will still be fine. On my test drive of 20 minutes and on subsequent trips of 45 minutes or less the seats have seemed comfortable. The one trip that lasted about an hour and 10 minutes started to hurt my legs up high by the hips. The sides of the front seats go up at a very steep angle and the foam seems very stiff. I'll have to see if this breaks in with use but I would pay attention to it when test driving. My butt and back have been comfortable. The SE has power seats and a power lumbar adjustment so you should be able to find a position that's comfortable on your back. The GLS does not have a lumbar adjustment. The controls for windows, locks, mirrors, AC, radio, etc have been easy enough to get used to. The touch screen for the radio is a bit small to suit me at about 4.3 inches. The Limited has a bigger screen I believe. This is my first touch screen radio and if you use your fingers it gets really smudged really quick. Luckily there are steering wheel controls and voice activated controls even on the mid level SE so you don't have to touch the screen once you become familiar with them. You just press a button and say XM channel 65 or FM channel 104.5 and it happens. About once every 10 tries it will say it didn't understand but if you speak clearly it works well. The Tucson is a little shorter than most of it's competitors and has a smaller cargo area. Not a problem for me but be aware of that. I didn't notice the cargo area lighting when I test drove so I don't know how it compares to other SUV's but now that I have the Tucson I can tell you the cargo lighting is on the left side and is basically worthless if you need to see back there at night. I feel a retractable cargo cover should be standard but it is not except on the Limited. I bought an aftermarket cover for about 75.00 and it works well. The list of standard equipment on the SE is long. Power drivers seat. Heated front seats. Heated mirrors. Map lights and visor lights in addition to the dome light. Of course XM radio is standard on all trim levels with 3 free months. In summary, the SE has a MSRP of 24,800 and I bought mine for 21,800 + TTL for a total of 23,400. Substantially less than any similarly equipped SUV. Time will tell about the reliability and I'll try to post again when it has more miles on it."

Will buy another on or up grade to Santa Fe

By on Monday, August 03, 2015

Pros: "great price for all the equipment I have"

Cons: "wheel well screws came loose 2 times"

"Have loved the vehicle since purchase never had any what I would consider real problems only a couple cosmetic, I have kept up with the required maintenance."

I am happy w/ how much I got at this price point

By on Sunday, November 27, 2011

Pros: "Actually gets better MPG than stated"

Cons: "Not enough cup holders/cubbies"

"This is a good car for teens and people who may have mobility issues as the seat is very adjustable, it has light doors, bluetooth and is easy to get into."

ive owned 4 this is the best one yet

By on Friday, October 28, 2011

Pros: "great gas mileage,handling,size,many features"

Cons: "ride could be less stiff"

"the best suv value on the market"

Luv my little SUV

By on Thursday, August 13, 2015

Pros: "Good price, quick response, fun to drive"

Cons: "Road noise-little loud"

"I have had my Tucson for 6 mo. & luv it. I love the quick response and easy handling. The interior is very user-friendly. All controls easy to reach. I am 5'9" with long legs and there is plenty of room in the front and back. With bad knees, it is easy to get in & out of and don't have to bend over to get groceries out of the back. I have the GLS model and will keep it many years, however one day would love to upgrade to Limited Edition."

great gas milage for crossover

By on Sunday, February 12, 2012

"We like this crossover alot, great gas milage,sleek modern look, drives good"

best car I ever owned

By on Sunday, December 04, 2011

Pros: "price,quality"

Cons: "no off switch on light in cargo hold"

"this is the best car I have ever owned"

Best value

By on Thursday, December 01, 2011

Pros: "Great price, a lot of features, quiet and STYLE"

Cons: "Nothing but small cargo space"

"This is my first time owning a Hyundai and I absolutely love this vehicle."

Very good small SUV.

By on Friday, August 26, 2011

Pros: "Warranty, mileage, styling, bluetooth hands free wireless for cellphone."

"To those who say they get poor mileage, my Tucson (GLS with AWD) easily gets 26MPG overall average. City driving average 22-23MPG. On long stretches of highway driving 29MPG is common. Winter driving is somewhat lower 23-24MPG overall average. If you have a "lead" foot then your mileage will suffer. Really have no complaints other than the somewhat small gas tank (~14gals) about this vehicle. Have over 17000 miles and not a problem. There is enough power to pass when I need it. The seats are comfortable, the voice activated NAV control is easy to use. You do have to train it with your voice. The six speed auto is very smooth both on up-shifts and down-shifts. The main points for buying this vehicle were AWD, styling, build quality, mileage and the great warranty!"

I love my 2013 Tucson

By on Monday, August 20, 2012

Pros: "Great value, roomy, stylish, loaded with features"

Cons: "Gas mileage a little low"

"Just bought my 2nd Hyundai Tucson and I love it! I traded in my 2007 model and upgraded to the Limited this time. It has everything I could ask for - I did spring for the navigation premium package and it was worth it! My only complaint is that the 4 cylinder engine is a little slower than the v6 I had before, but it gets better gas mileage and that was my complaint with the 2007. Overall this car is a tremendous value and gets compliments everywhere I go. Drives like a dream and looks like a much more expensive car. I highly recommend going for the extended warranty which gives you worry-free 10 years/100k miles bumper to bumper."

Fun to drive, poor seat/roof rack design

By on Thursday, May 24, 2012

Pros: "Almost everything about this vehicle is great.Bea"

Cons: "Cargo space and roof racks are limited."

"I previously owned the 2005 Tucson and decided to get the 2012 Tucson. I purchased the GLS. I find that the seats in the rear do not go flat and this makes it difficult to put long things into the vehicle. The roof rack is a proble also, because the antenna is on the rear of the roof and and in the center. It does not bend far enough to allow anything long to be place on the roof rack. The 2005 had an antenna that was on the roof, but in a horizontal position, which kept it below the roof rack.The seats all went down flat including the passenger seats, which could be used for a table for a computer. I Love all the other features, these two isues are very important if your carrying long objects. I did not check this before I purchased the vehicle and now I am told to remove the antenna if I want to use the roof top rack."

Great cross over

By on Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Pros: "Very responsive handeling, fun"

"I traded my Uplander for this . Basically downsizing. Funny thing was the Tucson has more cargo space. Some say the ride is a little rough, but if you ever drove or own the Sonata you will find the handling characteristics the same.I own the GLS model Tucson and when thinking of the smaller rear window still gives you plenty reward vision. For passing you have great view on the sides with the side windows placement. Now for the rear seating I had a fairly big fellow in the back seat and without adjust the front seat he was very comfortable with plenty of leg room. yes the 4 cylinder motor is a bit noisy, but that is par for most 4 bangers. Over all the style,looks and handling is great on this vehicle."

Great Litle SUV

By on Saturday, August 24, 2013

Pros: "Price, fun to drive, looks great"

Cons: "Audio system (speakers)"

"Before I get into this review let me say, this SUV is not a Lexus, BMW, etc... However for the price I paid I really don't care. For what I paid I can look past the fact it doesn't have the luxury equipment the aforementioned have. Pros: Looks great, handles great (mine is a 5speed manual and it's actually fun to drive in the mountains!), perfect for my wife and I and our little one. The seats are comfortable and it has all the standard features we need to get us around. Cons: The audio system gets a 4/10 in the sound department. Function wise it's great but the sound quality stinks. Mind you, it's fine at low normal volumes but it just can't handle high volumes very well. Nothing that $200 worth of good speakers can't fix. Reliability over the past year and a half has been stellar. Change the oil and go! We love this SUV!"

love it!!

By on Saturday, March 31, 2012

"I bought my Tucson in August 2010 (it is a 2011 model) and I absolutely love it! It is beautiful, drives well, and has given me almost no problems. I always hook my phone up to the stereo with Bluetooth, and thoroughly enjoy every minute in my car. The only problem I have had with it is that for a brief period of time, the car would not shift from park to drive to reverse etc. I had to remove the key and restart the car for it to work. I took it Hyundai, and they fixed it for me at no charge, and I haven't had a problem since then. They said it was a manufacturing defect and it was no big deal. I absolutely love this car, and it is excellent quality (especially for the price) with a fabulous warranty! I highly recommend this car!!!"

better than predecessors

By on Tuesday, August 17, 2010

"mileage not that good (23 & 26), ride hard, leather seats not comfortible & road noise. This is countered by styling, smoothness, features & interir finish but far advanced from the 2005 & 2006 Tucsons I owned."

Awesome vehicle

By on Thursday, January 19, 2012

Pros: "Looks. Price. Size. MPG."

Cons: "none...."

"Love it! Great size! Great value! Awesome features! Really wanted automatic ilghts, but I found out that I can just leave them on!!! When I turn it off and lock it, the lights shut off! GREAT VEHICLE! I would recommend this to anyone who wants a fuel efficient small SUV!"

Solid 4/5

By on Sunday, September 25, 2011

Pros: "Hyundai - a great name and great warranty. Trust me. I traded in a Saab for it."

Cons: "Automatic door unlock when put in park. Stooooopid idea."

"I bought the Limited Grand Poobah with all the bells and whistles. I love, love, love almost everything about this car. The only thing I don't love? When I put it in park, all of the doors unlock. I absolutely despise this. Like others, I don't get the gas mileage advertised, but I'm still happy with it. I love the interior, have figured out where to point the vents to cool the car, and simply adore my nav system."

Best vehicle I have ever owned

By on Friday, October 26, 2012

Pros: "Everything!!!"

Cons: "A little road noise."

"Can't beat it for value, looks or quality! I have about 7500 miles and love everything about it! I get complements everywhere I go!"

i am loving this car...it handles well

By on Sunday, September 18, 2011

Pros: "manuevers of the exway great, alot for the price"

Cons: "havent found anything wrong yet..."

"after having a saturn vue, which was super but they dont make them anymore, i went to hyundai.. i was sceptical about the smaller engine performance on the highway. not a problem. this car moves out without a pull or snag- great passing and excelleration. the two previous reviews concern me since i have owned many suvs and find the value and overall makeup of the tucson very nice. i feel i gotalot of car for my $ i bought the limited edition with all the bells and whistles... its super!"