• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2012 Hyundai Tucson

8.1

Based on 104 Ratings for the 2010 - 2014 models.

Good deal for the money!

By on Friday, August 15, 2014

"This car has done and is doing more than we expected.Fun to drive, economical, and not a bad looker. Not the most powerful engine, but we weren't expecting power with a 4 cyl. But for a 4 cyl it does fine."

It is nice in summer but fairly good for summer.

By on Thursday, August 07, 2014

Pros: "I love it's price compared with its competitors"

Cons: "It has enough space for the cups for all 5 people"

"I own 2013 Hyundai Gls front wheel drive that is purchased in July 2012. I bought it that time just Because I was looking for a nice looking crossover with good gas milage and comfortable ride and Tucson did satisfy my interest. I like it for everything like it has a very comfortable ride and attractive interior design. I love it driving on highway with normal drive and sometime with on cruse. It runs really good on both kind of drive. I also like its crear sound speakers. It looks kind of short but still is very roomy. Cargo space feels like not big enough but still not too bad compared with my brother's CR-V 2013, I'm satisfied with that too. When I need more room I fold the rear seats and that creates lot of cargo space. The only drawback I saw on this front wheel drive model is in when I drive on snowy day. It often is not very much on the right lane that I'm supposed to be as when I compare with other running cars. I had few bad driving experience with it even I did not had anything bad happened. Over all I still recommend it to others as I still love it even after I treaded with SUB as I need more room for my family size."

worst road noise!!

By on Sunday, August 03, 2014

Pros: "good gas mileage"

Cons: "road noise, no rear air vents"

"Uncomfortable ride, road noise is rediculous"

Good Car, Not Great, but Phenomenal Value

By on Friday, August 01, 2014

Pros: "Stylish Exterior, Unbeatable Value, Just Works"

Cons: "Stiff Ride, Ok Steering, Engine Could Be Stronger"

"We just purchased this car not long ago for our newborn to be trucked around in and I can honestly say that this car is worth checking out. No, it's not wrapped in the best leather and the plastic dashboard is both a pro and a con. The front seat is a bit stiff but the heated seats on the GLS we got sort of make up for it I guess. It's just a nice standard amenity they added to the GLS. The ride is a little stiff as well and the steering is unimpressive. I know this probably doesn't sound like the ringing endorsement but this car is not for someone who is used to driving a Mercedes. The point of this car is to give you the best bang for your buck. And it does just that all while still hanging in the middle of the compact SUV pack in just about every category. Personally I think it's one of the best looking if not THE best looking compact SUV in its class. The AWD handles just fine on ours. Actually off road it's pretty impressive coming from a Hyundai. Expect a little better gas mileage if you opt for the FWD version. The XM Satellite radio is a nice feature too. If you have kids (or I guess if you don't have kids) and are wanting a newer car that does just about the exact same thing a more expensive car in it's class does for less money, and you don't want to be dragged up past the $25,000 range then I would highly recommend this vehicle. It will get you from point A to point B and you will feel safe and fairly comfortable. So far we've had no mechanical issues with our Tucson."

Unhappy would not recommend

By on Friday, July 18, 2014

Cons: "very poor value"

"Very noisy, poor ride, no auto release/close on tailgate gas tank too small, very limited distance per tank of gas manual slide to show moon roof"

A good car. (SUV)

By on Monday, June 30, 2014

Reason: I could afford to

Pros: "I liked it."

Cons: "See comments above."

"The clutch was a "bit touchy." I have driven a manual trans. car for over 50 years. Nonetheless, I would stall this car every so often. That shouldn't happen to an experienced driver, but it did. I had three Honda Civic's prior and never had that problem. Conclusion: it wasn't the fault of the driver."

Best vehicle I have ever owned.

By on Thursday, June 12, 2014

Pros: "very good price, great gas mileage"

Cons: "there are no ashtrays or lighters"

"I have owned over ten vehicles in the past years that included AWD and 4WD. None of which have been a "car," but were either a SUV or like the Hyundai Tucson which is able to hold a lot more than the normal vehicle. I have yet to have a problem with the vehicle. Whether it be rain or snow, the Hyundai Tucson has driven perfectly through the seasons. I do not get the sense of "top-heaviness- that I have from other makes such us as Nissan or Toyota in the similar categories. What surprises me is the gas mileage. I receive better gas mileage with my 2.4L engine than my neighbor's 2.0L engine bought the same year. That allows me a little extra money in my pocket that the Mrs. does not need to know about *laugh*. I love this car so much because I had bought this car and within 30 minutes I was slammed into by an 18-wheeler on the interstate. The 18-wheeler must have been going close to 70 mph and I went over an embankment, finally landed, and proceeded to roll at least six times. I am alive today because of this car. I sustained scratches and bruises from the accident, but the majority of my injuries came from the air bags protecting my life. I was able to walk away from the scene of that accident without broken bones or needing stitches. I will always purchase a Hyundai from now on."

This is my second Hyundai vehicle great cars!

By on Sunday, May 18, 2014

Pros: "Super value, repair free!"

Cons: "Front seat a tad stiff and a bit uncomfortable"

"This being my second Hyundai this Tuscan has performed extremely well. No issues other than tires and brake on either vehicle. The Sonata I owned prior was an amazing car and after 140k I traded it in for the Tuscan"

good suv with some flaws

By on Sunday, May 18, 2014

Pros: "great looking"

Cons: "horse power -rides bad on bumpy roads"

"needs more horse power and the ride over rough roads is bad on the 2013 gls model."

A little "jumpy"

By on Saturday, April 19, 2014

"It is a little "jumpy""

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Hyundai Tucson near Honolulu. See local deals