2011 Hyundai Tucson

8.0

Based on 141 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

Fun to drive, poor seat/roof rack design

By on Thursday, May 24, 2012

Pros: "Almost everything about this vehicle is great.Bea"

Cons: "Cargo space and roof racks are limited."

"I previously owned the 2005 Tucson and decided to get the 2012 Tucson. I purchased the GLS. I find that the seats in the rear do not go flat and this makes it difficult to put long things into the vehicle. The roof rack is a proble also, because the antenna is on the rear of the roof and and in the center. It does not bend far enough to allow anything long to be place on the roof rack. The 2005 had an antenna that was on the roof, but in a horizontal position, which kept it below the roof rack.The seats all went down flat including the passenger seats, which could be used for a table for a computer. I Love all the other features, these two isues are very important if your carrying long objects. I did not check this before I purchased the vehicle and now I am told to remove the antenna if I want to use the roof top rack."

Great cross over

By on Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Pros: "Very responsive handeling, fun"

"I traded my Uplander for this . Basically downsizing. Funny thing was the Tucson has more cargo space. Some say the ride is a little rough, but if you ever drove or own the Sonata you will find the handling characteristics the same.I own the GLS model Tucson and when thinking of the smaller rear window still gives you plenty reward vision. For passing you have great view on the sides with the side windows placement. Now for the rear seating I had a fairly big fellow in the back seat and without adjust the front seat he was very comfortable with plenty of leg room. yes the 4 cylinder motor is a bit noisy, but that is par for most 4 bangers. Over all the style,looks and handling is great on this vehicle."

Great Litle SUV

By on Saturday, August 24, 2013

Pros: "Price, fun to drive, looks great"

Cons: "Audio system (speakers)"

"Before I get into this review let me say, this SUV is not a Lexus, BMW, etc... However for the price I paid I really don't care. For what I paid I can look past the fact it doesn't have the luxury equipment the aforementioned have. Pros: Looks great, handles great (mine is a 5speed manual and it's actually fun to drive in the mountains!), perfect for my wife and I and our little one. The seats are comfortable and it has all the standard features we need to get us around. Cons: The audio system gets a 4/10 in the sound department. Function wise it's great but the sound quality stinks. Mind you, it's fine at low normal volumes but it just can't handle high volumes very well. Nothing that $200 worth of good speakers can't fix. Reliability over the past year and a half has been stellar. Change the oil and go! We love this SUV!"

Solid 4/5

By on Sunday, September 25, 2011

Pros: "Hyundai - a great name and great warranty. Trust me. I traded in a Saab for it."

Cons: "Automatic door unlock when put in park. Stooooopid idea."

"I bought the Limited Grand Poobah with all the bells and whistles. I love, love, love almost everything about this car. The only thing I don't love? When I put it in park, all of the doors unlock. I absolutely despise this. Like others, I don't get the gas mileage advertised, but I'm still happy with it. I love the interior, have figured out where to point the vents to cool the car, and simply adore my nav system."

better than predecessors

By on Tuesday, August 17, 2010

"mileage not that good (23 & 26), ride hard, leather seats not comfortible & road noise. This is countered by styling, smoothness, features & interir finish but far advanced from the 2005 & 2006 Tucsons I owned."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Hyundai Tucson near Honolulu. See local deals