2011 Hyundai Tucson

8.0

Based on 142 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

Great Vehicle!

By on Monday, April 2, 2012

Cons: "my three year old can kick the back of the seat."

"Great vehicle, great gas mileage! Same size as my civic, but in an suv with similiar gas mileage."

I am happy w/ how much I got at this price point

By on Sunday, November 27, 2011

Pros: "Actually gets better MPG than stated"

Cons: "Not enough cup holders/cubbies"

"This is a good car for teens and people who may have mobility issues as the seat is very adjustable, it has light doors, bluetooth and is easy to get into."

ive owned 4 this is the best one yet

By on Friday, October 28, 2011

Pros: "great gas mileage,handling,size,many features"

Cons: "ride could be less stiff"

"the best suv value on the market"

Easy to get around

By on Friday, May 27, 2016

"I wanted this car because it was smaller than an SUV and very easy to maneuver. I have leather interior and it looks sharp. Haven't had a days trouble and I bought it new. The only complaint is since it is smaller the person riding in the back seat feels more bumps because the seats sit near the wheels. I do love this car!"

best car I ever owned

By on Sunday, December 4, 2011

Pros: "price,quality"

Cons: "no off switch on light in cargo hold"

"this is the best car I have ever owned"

Excellent Vehicle

By on Monday, August 29, 2016

Pros: "Great value"

Cons: "could use a regular spare tire."

"I would highly recommend this vehicle to friends. The "very likely" slide bar would only let me rate a "7". I would give it a rating of 9. This is the 4th Hyundai I have purchased (3 Santa Fe's and 1 Tucson). I have been more that satisfied with the vehicles. Durability, performance and warranty is excellent. The Hyundai Service Techs are the best. The techs are so different from the service techs of other vehicles I have purchased (Cadillac, Chevy, Nissan) That's why I am a repeat buyer."

great gas milage for crossover

By on Sunday, February 12, 2012

"We like this crossover alot, great gas milage,sleek modern look, drives good"

Best value

By on Thursday, December 1, 2011

Pros: "Great price, a lot of features, quiet and STYLE"

Cons: "Nothing but small cargo space"

"This is my first time owning a Hyundai and I absolutely love this vehicle."

Very good small SUV.

By on Friday, August 26, 2011

Pros: "Warranty, mileage, styling, bluetooth hands free wireless for cellphone."

"To those who say they get poor mileage, my Tucson (GLS with AWD) easily gets 26MPG overall average. City driving average 22-23MPG. On long stretches of highway driving 29MPG is common. Winter driving is somewhat lower 23-24MPG overall average. If you have a "lead" foot then your mileage will suffer. Really have no complaints other than the somewhat small gas tank (~14gals) about this vehicle. Have over 17000 miles and not a problem. There is enough power to pass when I need it. The seats are comfortable, the voice activated NAV control is easy to use. You do have to train it with your voice. The six speed auto is very smooth both on up-shifts and down-shifts. The main points for buying this vehicle were AWD, styling, build quality, mileage and the great warranty!"

So far - so good

By on Sunday, August 9, 2015

Pros: "Great standard features and value"

Cons: "Not yet sure about seat comfort on legs"

"I've put 1300 miles on the 2015 Tucson SE. Here is what I can tell you. Gas mileage thru the first 1300 miles has averaged around 28 in mixed driving but a little more highway than city so far.The computer shows it getting about 28.6 so that's close enough to my calculations that I'm beginning to trust the computer. The SE has the larger engine, a 2.4 and it has plenty of pep to suit me. It is noticeably quicker than the 2.0 The ride is very smooth on decent roads but I do notice the harsher bumps more than I did on my Sonata. Overall I'm satisfied with the ride. Road noise and wind noise seem about average to me. Neither is a problem. This is my first SUV and I had been concerned about visibility after reading reviews. It hasn't been a problem for me. Admittedly there is a little more of a blind spot than the average family sedan but not as much as I was led to believe. Forward visibility is excellent and the seating position is high. I can actually see the hood while I'm driving. There is ample legroom, front and back. I had a problem with my right knee hitting the center console on most of the SUV's I tested. The RAV4 had the most knee room followed by the Tucson. I am 5' 10" and when I adjust the driver seat to give myself plenty of legroom there is still about 3"-4" inches of knee room in the back seat. Now, if the front passenger has the seat back reclined a good bit to take a nap then an adult will lose that knee room in the back, but a child will still be fine. On my test drive of 20 minutes and on subsequent trips of 45 minutes or less the seats have seemed comfortable. The one trip that lasted about an hour and 10 minutes started to hurt my legs up high by the hips. The sides of the front seats go up at a very steep angle and the foam seems very stiff. I'll have to see if this breaks in with use but I would pay attention to it when test driving. My butt and back have been comfortable. The SE has power seats and a power lumbar adjustment so you should be able to find a position that's comfortable on your back. The GLS does not have a lumbar adjustment. The controls for windows, locks, mirrors, AC, radio, etc have been easy enough to get used to. The touch screen for the radio is a bit small to suit me at about 4.3 inches. The Limited has a bigger screen I believe. This is my first touch screen radio and if you use your fingers it gets really smudged really quick. Luckily there are steering wheel controls and voice activated controls even on the mid level SE so you don't have to touch the screen once you become familiar with them. You just press a button and say XM channel 65 or FM channel 104.5 and it happens. About once every 10 tries it will say it didn't understand but if you speak clearly it works well. The Tucson is a little shorter than most of it's competitors and has a smaller cargo area. Not a problem for me but be aware of that. I didn't notice the cargo area lighting when I test drove so I don't know how it compares to other SUV's but now that I have the Tucson I can tell you the cargo lighting is on the left side and is basically worthless if you need to see back there at night. I feel a retractable cargo cover should be standard but it is not except on the Limited. I bought an aftermarket cover for about 75.00 and it works well. The list of standard equipment on the SE is long. Power drivers seat. Heated front seats. Heated mirrors. Map lights and visor lights in addition to the dome light. Of course XM radio is standard on all trim levels with 3 free months. In summary, the SE has a MSRP of 24,800 and I bought mine for 21,800 + TTL for a total of 23,400. Substantially less than any similarly equipped SUV. Time will tell about the reliability and I'll try to post again when it has more miles on it."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Hyundai Tucson near Honolulu. See local deals