2009 Hyundai Tucson

Based on 348 Ratings for the 2005 - 2009 models.

Love my Tucson

By on Tuesday, December 9, 2008

"Have had my '06 Tucson Limited V6 for 2.5 years and I absolutely love it. Had some door dings repaired and got a Kia Sportage as a rental for a few days. Made me love my Tucson even MORE. The engine power is great and the gas mileage is great; better than others that I've read in reviews. I get 21 and 24 mpg with 26K miles, but I have added fuel injector cleaner and I'm not a heavy accelerator; that may be helping. I haven't had a single mechanical problem at all. No air noise, CD player is great, great hauling ability--just like having a small truck!! My only disappointment is the leather--it is too stiff and the perforations in it collect crumbs when I eat in my car!! Checked on getting a new car and couldn't find the value with the amenities anywhere. All in all...great car and would definitely recommend it to friends."

Hard to find better than the Tucson

By on Sunday, March 2, 2008

"I leased the brand new '05 V6 GLS model 3 years ago, traded my Toyota 4Runner. Tucson's a more comfortable, smoother ride. Great seats, I feel refreshed after long drives. Been up and down both US coasts and many trips in between, various terrains. Completely reliable! Routine maintenance at dealerships in 4 states, no problems. Bought tires at 39k. That's it. Lease is almost up and I've been heavily car shopping, researching, test driving. I can't find anything to beat my Tucson! I want pre-owned. Rav4 seats are awful, louder road noise, no std side and rear airbags, plus Rav and the CRV are pricey. If you're looking for very good reliability ratings, recommended by professional reviewers, safety, adequate space, comfortable interior and design, decent price and gas mileage (the 4cyl), compared to all the rest of the makes out there, Tucson wins. Decided to buy it after the lease. Just wish the V6 gas mileage was better (16-23). Typical for V6 SUV's. Other than that, my research has resold me on my Tucson. Go for it."

Great Vehicle

By on Wednesday, August 8, 2007

"I just bought a Tuscon Limited and so far I love it. Got Alpine Frost color and everyone thinks it is beautiful. The AC works great. In 100 degree weather, it only takes about a minute for the car to get cool. Outstanding value."

Most enjoyable car I've ever owned - and reliable

By on Saturday, October 6, 2012

Pros: "Cheaper than comparable vehicles to buy."

Cons: "None to mention"

"I've had nearly no expenses outside normal scheduled maintenance and tire/battery replacement. This vehicle is enjoyable to drive, versitile for pleasure or utility use, and economical to operate. Overall, a real winner!!!"

By on Wednesday, March 11, 2009

"This vehicle is graet if you have small children. It has the back seats that recline so on long trips you can lay the seats back and snooze. my car gets about 31 mpgs and that is both city and highway. there is only one complaint and that is the motor size it is a little small to be moving a mid- size SUV."

UUMMM not sure anymore!!

By on Saturday, September 27, 2008

"I loved this car at first, bought the 2006. The first problem I had was with the cd player. CD's got stuck and had to bring it in for repair. The second problem was that the car would not start after turning on the ignition ( that happened twice) and just yesterday, while driving the car, it felt like it was going to cut off!!! WHAT?????????? come on now. 3rd, the light for check engine continues to come on. 4Th very poor on gas mileage. With gas prices the way they are, I might have to trade it in for something that gives more mpg."

Good Value Right Car 4 me

By on Sunday, June 28, 2009

"I have had my 2007 Tucson since February 2008 and I use it mainly for a daily car and light off road. I got the manual 2wd and I couldn't be happier. Gas milage calmed after the 1200 mile break in and I get consistent 24-25 in town, but it is directly related to how I drive. You really can dial that in with a stick and if you rev it, you can see it in the gas bill. It isn't a sports car, so you shouldn't drive it like one. !st gear can get you out of what you need to and is a good granny gear too for off road. It handles the dirt roads of nevada well and having driven them in 4 bys the short wheel base and front wheel drive manual does me well. I ain't rock crwling so as long as you drive with your head attached, you can get to where you need to. ABS and ESC help on the slick and keep you where you need to be, rubber to road. Lots of room and adjustable to what I need. Great vehicle and great company. Honest value."

Biggest Disappointment Ever

By on Tuesday, December 9, 2008

"I bought this car in 3/08 and have had it back to the dealership 6 times - 2 times I had to have it towed due to not starting at all and having the car stop in the middle of the road while I was driving. I almost was killed. Multiple problems with the stability control system, system check light on, vapor leak at gas cap(not my fault). The service people are giving me the run around each time I go in by saying they can't find anything wrong with it. I am now stuck with a car I can't trust and a loan I can't afford to pay off early to buy another car. The car is comfortable and looks sporty, drives nice when it starts. Is it too much to expect that a new car should have no problems at least for a couple of years? DO NOT BUY THIS CAR! PS - poor gas mileage for a small SUV"

Great SUV

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2007

"I have over 50,000 miles on my Tucson. Best value around. Had a minor low idle computer problem the local Hyundai guys weren't able to fix (local mechanic fixed us up ASAP under warranty), so I'm not real confident in the abilities of the dealers' service staffs. Weather stripping around the windshield was loose when purchased. Otherwise no problems with the vehicle. 4WD and ESP/traction control are outstanding. Best looking small SUV on the road."

Lovable,lovable,lovable

By on Friday, July 20, 2007

"Bought my 05 Tucson in 06 with 19000 miles on it. Now have 33000. It has seen two trips to Florida from Texas. Would not trade it for any US made car. I get 27 miles to the gallon on hiway...Great comfort, love the cruise, I'm 6 ft. and the wife is under 5 ft. both of us are comfortable behind the wheel. Acceleration is super. Have no complaints with the car. Very good at towing a trailer."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Hyundai Tucson near Honolulu. See local deals