2009 Hyundai Tucson

Based on 318 Ratings for the 2005 - 2009 models.

Good value for money. Daily driver. Reliable.

By on Friday, July 18, 2014

Pros: "Acceptable gas mileage as used"

Cons: "Limited rear legroom, not a good long hauler."

"This has been a very reliable vehicle. Driven daily to/from work and around town for various errands. Gas mileage acceptable except when A/C is running - sucks gas. Not so good for long, over 4+ hour or more, trips; seats become uncomfortable. I do not think intended design use for this one was as a long distance traveler. Overall have been satisfied with this vehicle."

Completely satisfied

By on Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, comfortable, economical"

Cons: "None that matter"

"This car has been a pleasure owning. I have replaced the battery after 8 years of ownership, had the oil changed twice a year regularly and have followed the dealers recommendations on servicing. The care has been really excellent and a pleasure to own."

Was a proud owner until today

By on Wednesday, June 25, 2014

"Hundai boasts about the quality of their cars. We have been pleased until today. At such low mileage and the engine needs to be replaced!!!! It's ironic that it has happened 8000 miles after our warranty expired. Very unhappy and our next purchase WAS gonna be a Sonata. NOT ANYMORE!!!!!!"

My 2nd tuscon. both excellent. sorry they redesign

By on Saturday, June 07, 2014

Pros: "lot of vehicle for the price"

"Never a problem with either tuscon. could be a little better in city mileage, although highway is much better than expected. Comfortable, smooth ride and good handling. Front wheel drive was sufficient even in snow (even winter 2014)"

bought new, still runs like new, great purchase.

By on Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Pros: "great value great for long trips would buy again."

Cons: "22 mpg avg - oil ind has taken fun out of driving."

"bought this car for to and from work (70 miles round trip). outside of normal wear and tear items this vehicle did not need much. comfortable with a lot of usable space in front. easy to reach behind to put stuff in back seat or on flat floor. fold flat rear holds everything i ever needed. awesome dring position. would buy a similar vehicle today if one were available that gets 30 mpg. p.s. when built this good you almost don't need the five year warranty but i'll take it."

Best car ever!

By on Monday, May 19, 2014

Pros: "Looks, Comfort, Mechanically Perfect, Roomy, . . ."

Cons: "Wish it was smaller, like the Buick Encore."

"I bought this little SUV after rolling my Corolla (for some reason, the smaller the car, the faster I drive). I chose this car for a few reasons. It's good looking, it's a manual, and it was a great price. The only thing I've ever had to replace was the clutch. It went out just after 90K miles. It has 97k miles now. Everything else I replaced was just to baby my car. My friends and family always want to take my car when we go anywhere because it is so roomy and comfortable. I didn't even realize any difference in gas mileage from my Corolla to my Tucson, but that might be because I drove the Corolla like a crazy man. I'm better now, though. My Tucson has tamed me. I am thinking about buying a new car. I don't know why. This car still looks and drives brand new. Another good thing about my Tucson is that everyone I know wants to buy it if/when I sell it. This is my first Hyundai, and if/when I buy another car, I think I'll stick with this brand."

I Luv My Tucson

By on Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Pros: "great mileage, fun and easy to drive, built well"

Cons: "absolutely no cons"

"I have owned 2 Hyundai suvs first a Santafe and now s Tucson. I traded the Santafe in on a new tuccson in 2005 and I love this car as much now as the day I drove it off the lot. I get a lot of compliments on it because of its sporty look. It is dependable, gets great gas mileage and for a small suv it can keep up with any suv on the road. On steep grades it is the best car I have ever driven. Hyundai did itself up proud when they came up the Tucson, it is a jewel. If anyone were to ask me what I didn't like about the car, I would have to think about it for even a second, because there isn't one thing I don't like.,Great car."

Cute Ute but lacks engine power and cargo room

By on Monday, April 14, 2014

Reason: small cargo bay, noisy ride, weak V6, average handling, small gas tank, scary steering above 72 mph

Pros: "Great looks, easy gearshifter, good a/c+defroster"

Cons: "noisy ride,weak V6,small cargo bay,averageHandling"

"I owned a 2008 Hyundai Tucson Se in red with the V6 and Fwd. I mostly bought it for the looks, gray cloth interior, heated outside mirrors, long warranty, easiest gearshifter ever seen, no interior chrome(just bright silver on middle console which was not as bad), and driver's side door would still unlock just using inside door handle instead of having to hit the power door button every time. Just above average reliability at that time was also another plus. The absolute best part about this car was actually the a/c. It was easy to operate and I could still defrost the windows while using the air recirculation. The front dashboard vents would also let air reach my knees in the summertime. Sadly, that is what I missed most about this car besides the good interior/exterior looks, the nice car manual cover, and the door pockets with it's own cupholders as well as the cupholders in front of the gearshift that were low enough to keep tall drinks out of the way while shifting. But on the negative side handling was just ok, the ride was always noisy and was only smooth until after it's first year, I was only 5'8" and still hit my head on the ceiling every other day upon entry/exit and anyone shorter than me would have a hard time getting in and out because of the ride height, the cargo bay was small and on long trips it was only suitable for two people unless you were willing to use the roof's cargo rack. The air recirculation would have to be turned on every time you started the engine and the engine itself would barely keep to the speed limit when going up steep hills (sometimes easily close to redlining the rpm). Going above 72 mph on the highway would cause very light steering feel and slowing down a bit around tighter corners. The seperate cargo bay glass window door was a nice idea but it was still hard for me to reach over cargo door. Mp3 jack would be loose sometimes and caused me to jiggle it to get stereo to sound right but dealer claimed nothing was wrong with it (so much for the warranty as far as simple problems go). A backup camera was never an option for this year but should have been standard as some cars behind me were hard to see (narrowly avoided three potential accidents). The dingy green dashboard display at night sometimes made me drousy while driving. I seen too much of the hood and my eyes didn't like the constant headlight reflections of oncoming cars because of it. The cargo cover was designed poorly because it would cut into the cargo space at an angle. Last but not least, there was no rear passenger a/c vents, the rear cargo door was hard to open and close with one hand, and the power windows went up and down too fast. Would I recommend this car? Yes, for a single person who mostly drives in town and isn't too headlight sensitive, but No for any long travels above 65 mph or parents with more than 1 child!"

This is the best vehicle I have ever owned.

By on Thursday, March 27, 2014

"My Tucson gets great gas mileage and handles perfectly. I love it as much today as I did when I drove it off the dealer lot in 2007."

LOVE it!

By on Monday, March 17, 2014

Pros: "Convenience, perfect size, family freindly"

Cons: "No key fob (optional), no cruise (op)"

"I love my Tucson. Best small SUV for the money. We're riding this baby until the wheels fall off. My 9 year old daughter is already eying it for her in 7 years."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Hyundai Tucson near Honolulu. See local deals