2009 Hyundai Tucson

Based on 316 Ratings for the 2005 - 2009 models.

Cute Ute but lacks engine power and cargo room

By on Monday, April 14, 2014

Reason: small cargo bay, noisy ride, weak V6, average handling, small gas tank, scary steering above 72 mph

Pros: "Great looks, easy gearshifter, good a/c+defroster"

Cons: "noisy ride,weak V6,small cargo bay,averageHandling"

"I owned a 2008 Hyundai Tucson Se in red with the V6 and Fwd. I mostly bought it for the looks, gray cloth interior, heated outside mirrors, long warranty, easiest gearshifter ever seen, no interior chrome(just bright silver on middle console which was not as bad), and driver's side door would still unlock just using inside door handle instead of having to hit the power door button every time. Just above average reliability at that time was also another plus. The absolute best part about this car was actually the a/c. It was easy to operate and I could still defrost the windows while using the air recirculation. The front dashboard vents would also let air reach my knees in the summertime. Sadly, that is what I missed most about this car besides the good interior/exterior looks, the nice car manual cover, and the door pockets with it's own cupholders as well as the cupholders in front of the gearshift that were low enough to keep tall drinks out of the way while shifting. But on the negative side handling was just ok, the ride was always noisy and was only smooth until after it's first year, I was only 5'8" and still hit my head on the ceiling every other day upon entry/exit and anyone shorter than me would have a hard time getting in and out because of the ride height, the cargo bay was small and on long trips it was only suitable for two people unless you were willing to use the roof's cargo rack. The air recirculation would have to be turned on every time you started the engine and the engine itself would barely keep to the speed limit when going up steep hills (sometimes easily close to redlining the rpm). Going above 72 mph on the highway would cause very light steering feel and slowing down a bit around tighter corners. The seperate cargo bay glass window door was a nice idea but it was still hard for me to reach over cargo door. Mp3 jack would be loose sometimes and caused me to jiggle it to get stereo to sound right but dealer claimed nothing was wrong with it (so much for the warranty as far as simple problems go). A backup camera was never an option for this year but should have been standard as some cars behind me were hard to see (narrowly avoided three potential accidents). The dingy green dashboard display at night sometimes made me drousy while driving. I seen too much of the hood and my eyes didn't like the constant headlight reflections of oncoming cars because of it. The cargo cover was designed poorly because it would cut into the cargo space at an angle. Last but not least, there was no rear passenger a/c vents, the rear cargo door was hard to open and close with one hand, and the power windows went up and down too fast. Would I recommend this car? Yes, for a single person who mostly drives in town and isn't too headlight sensitive, but No for any long travels above 65 mph or parents with more than 1 child!"

This is the best vehicle I have ever owned.

By on Thursday, March 27, 2014

"My Tucson gets great gas mileage and handles perfectly. I love it as much today as I did when I drove it off the dealer lot in 2007."

LOVE it!

By on Monday, March 17, 2014

Pros: "Convenience, perfect size, family freindly"

Cons: "No key fob (optional), no cruise (op)"

"I love my Tucson. Best small SUV for the money. We're riding this baby until the wheels fall off. My 9 year old daughter is already eying it for her in 7 years."

Very reliable

By on Friday, March 14, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive"

"Love this car. I bought it new in 2005, and it now has 177,000 miles on it. Other than regular maintenance, we have never had any issues with this car. We thought about getting the new 2013 Hyundai Tucson, but when we learned it was now a V4 and no longer a V6, we decided against it. Our last V4 car, we had to turn the A/C off just to pass another car."

One owner vehicle - garaged - driven by sr citize

By on Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Pros: "good reliable transportation"

Cons: "no purse holder"

"This is a very clean auto w/ good mileage"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Hyundai Tucson near Honolulu. See local deals