"Just picked up my STUNNINGLY BEAUTIFUL Dark Titanium Gray 2007 Tucson SE today! Treated myself to the Premium Options package, and the dealer threw in a couple of extra goodies. With two dealers competing for my business and some hard-nosed bargaining on my part, I got myself a very sweet deal.
Things to love:
1) fully-adjustable driver's seat. Take a few minutes to adjust seat height, tilt, back tilt, and lumbar support, plus distance from tilt steering wheel, and you'll have an exquisitely comfortable, non-fatiguing position that will make driving on long trips a pleasure. Add the heated front seats option, and you're in heaven.
2) Safety features: Driver and passenger front and side airbags PLUS side curtain airbags to protect driver and all passengers in the event of a side-impact collision. Collapsible steering column to reduce injury to driver in front-end collision. Break away engine mount to keep engine out of passenger compartment. Nicely tuned electronic stability control that kicks in when you corner too aggressively. Hyundai is setting the standard for safety features by including all the "regular" features, plus these extras at no extra change on all three trim levels!
3) Appearance and Finish: Love the sleek profile, plus both front and rear views are great too. Best of all, the finish/detailing work both inside and out is a 10 out of 10. Nothing loose; no unsightly gaps or misalignments. This car was really put together well. I should know, because I spent an hour or so going over the inside of the car with a fine tooth comb looking for a lost earring!
4) Lots and lots of USABLE interior storage.
5) Comfortable seating for 5 adults!
I traded my 5-speed manual BMW Z3 for this, so while the performance isn't what I'm used to, it's more than acceptable! Plus, now other drivers are much less likely to try to pull over into the space I'm already in because they "can't see me." [read, they don't use their mirrors ... and the BMW is small and low to the ground], something I had to guard against every moment I was on anything wider than a two-lane road!
The moment I stepped into the Tucson and started driving, I felt infinitely safer. In fact, the Tucson's exceptional safety features were probably the primary reason I bought the Tucson."
out of 11 found this review helpful
Was this review helpful to you?