2008 Hyundai Tucson

Based on 340 Ratings for the 2005 - 2009 models.

This car never dies

By on Sunday, February 12, 2012

Pros: "Practical, reliable."

Cons: "2005 has 17-21 mpg"

"We're going on 150,000 and despite two rear-endings, a side-swipe and a crash due to someone running a stop sign... this car will not die and (after the body was fixed) has cost us nothing but tires, oil changes, wheel bearings (normal wear and tear), one belt (normal wear and tear) and brakes (normal wear and tear). If I were to make a note to the designers I would say please make it a bit wider (stuff three 13 yr old boys in the backseat that's your ideal width), a bit bigger trunk area (now stuff three hockey bags back there) and better gas mileage (keep up with demand). Necessary (options): heated seats and DVD player. This car has been ideal for the money we paid. When it finally does die (we're guessing another 100K miles) or we want better gas mileage (new tuscons have 31mpg) we'll buy another."

Great Vehicle

By on Wednesday, August 08, 2007

"I just bought a Tuscon Limited and so far I love it. Got Alpine Frost color and everyone thinks it is beautiful. The AC works great. In 100 degree weather, it only takes about a minute for the car to get cool. Outstanding value."

All around great value

By on Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Pros: "ride"

"At 77000 miles other than an air bag sensor recall this vehicle has been treated to only periodic maintenance. Replacement of oil filters, Tires and just recently brake pads."

Love my Tucson

By on Tuesday, December 09, 2008

"Have had my '06 Tucson Limited V6 for 2.5 years and I absolutely love it. Had some door dings repaired and got a Kia Sportage as a rental for a few days. Made me love my Tucson even MORE. The engine power is great and the gas mileage is great; better than others that I've read in reviews. I get 21 and 24 mpg with 26K miles, but I have added fuel injector cleaner and I'm not a heavy accelerator; that may be helping. I haven't had a single mechanical problem at all. No air noise, CD player is great, great hauling ability--just like having a small truck!! My only disappointment is the leather--it is too stiff and the perforations in it collect crumbs when I eat in my car!! Checked on getting a new car and couldn't find the value with the amenities anywhere. All in all...great car and would definitely recommend it to friends."

Most enjoyable car I've ever owned - and reliable

By on Saturday, October 06, 2012

Pros: "Cheaper than comparable vehicles to buy."

Cons: "None to mention"

"I've had nearly no expenses outside normal scheduled maintenance and tire/battery replacement. This vehicle is enjoyable to drive, versitile for pleasure or utility use, and economical to operate. Overall, a real winner!!!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Hyundai Tucson near Honolulu. See local deals