2008 Hyundai Tucson

Based on 335 Ratings for the 2005 - 2009 models.

Great Small SUV for the money

By on Tuesday, April 03, 2007

"I just got my Hyundai Tucson. I had a 2006 Kia. The Hyundai has more features for the money and rides and drives much better.It has the most features for alot less money."

Utilitarian & Affordable

By on Thursday, February 05, 2009

"I have owned my '06 Limited V6 4WD for over two years now and have driven about 30000 miles. Bottom line: This is a VERY worthy vehicle. (Please Note: After reading many of the negative reviews, I can only surmise that there ARE some lemons out there. Fortunately, mine is not one of them). First the cons: Mediocre mileage (combined city/highway is about 17mpg in the winter), ride is just a little bit stiff, usable cargo space is good but not great, it's not the peppiest ride I've ever owned and radio reception is just fair. Pros: THE WARRANTY, styling, overall performance, handles the snow EXTREMELY well, highly rated for safetly (air bags, ESC, etc), nicely designed creature comforts (cup holders, storage compartments, center console, etc) and it's been RELIABLE. If you intend to keep your vehicle for the long haul, or if you are looking for a good deal on a used car, this fits the bill. If you trade-in often (say inside of 4 or 5 years), Hyundai's tend to depreciate more quickly than similar Nissan, Honda or Toyota cars."

WOW Wheels!!!

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2007

"Just picked up my STUNNINGLY BEAUTIFUL Dark Titanium Gray 2007 Tucson SE today! Treated myself to the Premium Options package, and the dealer threw in a couple of extra goodies. With two dealers competing for my business and some hard-nosed bargaining on my part, I got myself a very sweet deal. Things to love: 1) fully-adjustable driver's seat. Take a few minutes to adjust seat height, tilt, back tilt, and lumbar support, plus distance from tilt steering wheel, and you'll have an exquisitely comfortable, non-fatiguing position that will make driving on long trips a pleasure. Add the heated front seats option, and you're in heaven. 2) Safety features: Driver and passenger front and side airbags PLUS side curtain airbags to protect driver and all passengers in the event of a side-impact collision. Collapsible steering column to reduce injury to driver in front-end collision. Break away engine mount to keep engine out of passenger compartment. Nicely tuned electronic stability control that kicks in when you corner too aggressively. Hyundai is setting the standard for safety features by including all the "regular" features, plus these extras at no extra change on all three trim levels! 3) Appearance and Finish: Love the sleek profile, plus both front and rear views are great too. Best of all, the finish/detailing work both inside and out is a 10 out of 10. Nothing loose; no unsightly gaps or misalignments. This car was really put together well. I should know, because I spent an hour or so going over the inside of the car with a fine tooth comb looking for a lost earring! 4) Lots and lots of USABLE interior storage. 5) Comfortable seating for 5 adults! I traded my 5-speed manual BMW Z3 for this, so while the performance isn't what I'm used to, it's more than acceptable! Plus, now other drivers are much less likely to try to pull over into the space I'm already in because they "can't see me." [read, they don't use their mirrors ... and the BMW is small and low to the ground], something I had to guard against every moment I was on anything wider than a two-lane road! The moment I stepped into the Tucson and started driving, I felt infinitely safer. In fact, the Tucson's exceptional safety features were probably the primary reason I bought the Tucson."

This car never dies

By on Sunday, February 12, 2012

Pros: "Practical, reliable."

Cons: "2005 has 17-21 mpg"

"We're going on 150,000 and despite two rear-endings, a side-swipe and a crash due to someone running a stop sign... this car will not die and (after the body was fixed) has cost us nothing but tires, oil changes, wheel bearings (normal wear and tear), one belt (normal wear and tear) and brakes (normal wear and tear). If I were to make a note to the designers I would say please make it a bit wider (stuff three 13 yr old boys in the backseat that's your ideal width), a bit bigger trunk area (now stuff three hockey bags back there) and better gas mileage (keep up with demand). Necessary (options): heated seats and DVD player. This car has been ideal for the money we paid. When it finally does die (we're guessing another 100K miles) or we want better gas mileage (new tuscons have 31mpg) we'll buy another."

Disappointed in MPG

By on Tuesday, June 26, 2007

"I bought my Tucson about 9 months ago and for the money it's a great car. I am very disappointed in the gas mileage. My dealer told me to stop using ethenol and I would see a major improvement, but after 4 months I still have not seen any difference. I am only getting 15 MPG in town and 19-20 on the highway. Comfort and extras on this vehicle is very nice.With gas prices the way they are, I might look for something that gets better mileage."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Hyundai Tucson near Honolulu. See local deals