2003 Hyundai Tiburon

Based on 341 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

This has been my favorite car!!! It is awesome!!!

By on Sunday, January 13, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, no mechanical issues and at 100,000"

Cons: "small back seat and thats all of the cons"

"This is a great car!! I bought it new and it now has 100,000 miles on it but still runs like a champ!! I have never, I repeat never had to take this car into the shop for anything other than standard maintenance, like oil changes etc.. I can not say enough about this car. it has been reliable and fun to drive and actually does really well in snow/ice and bad weather conditions. Sadly We are considering trading it it in as we need a more roomy vehicle but that is the only reason. It is a stylish fun car that performs, what more can you ask for. Hyundai put together a winner with this vehicle and i would buy another one in a minute if it were possible. If you have bigger kids or ride other people in the car the back seat is pretty small so it will hinder you there, but its a sporty car so that is to be expected. If your considering buying this type of car I say BUY IT, you will not be disappointed!!! Thanks Hyundai for a car that served me soooo well for 5 years and never gave me a minutes trouble!"

Great Sporty Coupe

By on Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Pros: "great coupe fun to drive"

Cons: "should have more power"

"My Parents bought me a Tiburon GT Sport for my 16th birthday and at first i was a little disapointed since i had always wanted a new model Honda Civic SI, but after driving the Tiburon i changed my mind. I love the Tiburon and would recommend it to anyone who wants a sporty coupe. Everywhere i go it's a head turner and people are always surprised when they find out it is a Hyundai. When it comes time to trade, i will definitely be looking at the Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track."

2003 Tiburon GT V6

By on Monday, July 13, 2009

"I bought my 2003 GT V6 brand new in April 2004. It is not the worst car I have ever owned but it was the worst new car I have ever owned. The cars engine performance was good and it handled very well at high speeds. I had minor problems that were fixed under warranty. I beleive the wheel allignment from the factory was off and I had to have it re-alligned after 10,000 miles and replacing a set of tires. This was not covered under warranty because Hyundai claimed I caused the problem. The main problem I had with the car was the dual mass clutch. The clutch would stick. This started at about 40,000 miles and continued until I traded the car in at 49000 miles for a new 2009 Sonata. Hyundai was well aware of this problem with the early V6 Tiburons. The replacement parts are not the same as the original parts for the early V6 Tiburons. Hyundai refused to honour their warranty for the dual mass clutch. I did some research and found a class action lawsuit in California against Hyundai because of this problem. From the research, I found if you were willing to take Hyundai to court they wouldn't do much to contest it and would usually settle with you. The other noticible problem had to do with the cloth on the seats which wore very quickly and was well frayed on the drivers seat by the time I traded it in."

GREAT CAR FOR THE MONEY

By on Friday, April 6, 2012

Pros: "GREAT GAS AND PRICE"

Cons: "THEY STOPPED MAKING IT"

"I BOUGHT THE FOUR CYLINDER COUPE BRAND NEW, GREAT ON GAS AND IT STILL CAN GO OVER 120. GENERAL MAINTENANCE NOT MUCH MORE I DO MOST OF MY WORK EXCEPT WHEN I HAD THE TIMING BELT DONE AT THE DEALER, STRESSED THE A/C LINE AND IT STARTED LEAKING, OTHER WISE JUST BATTERIES, OIL CHANGES, TIRES, ETC. AND WHEN IS TIME TO PUT MONEY IN IT YOU CAN NOT GET AS GOOD LOOKING RELIABLE CAR FOR THE MONEY"

best value sports car

By on Monday, October 3, 2011

Pros: "great price, fun to drive"

Cons: "back seats are small"

"sexy design, handles great, no problems so far and nice to have hyundai warranty. I have driven both automatic and stick and the manual transmission is a lot better so that's the one I bought."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Hyundai Tiburon near Honolulu. See local deals