2015 Hyundai Sonata Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $26,482 - $27,541.

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

Info valid for your area through 06/02/2016

10/9.2

We're sorry we do not have any consumer reviews for this vehicle.

Third Hyundai/Kia product after years of European

By on Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Pros: "Room, power, comfort, value"

Cons: "So-so steering feel. no electric folding mirrors."

"Retired mechanic/service manager/service advisor 50 years old. Nerve damage in my legs from cancer treatment. Can't work on cars like I used to. Was a right of passage owning German cars. ALWAYS something to fix and not inexpensively. 2008 Sonata traded with 115,000 trouble free miles in 2012 for the hubby's Kia Forte5 SX. Near 80K on that now also trouble free. Time to get back to two cars. I need something roomy and comfortable within a certain budget and WITHOUT a CVT transmission. With the nerve damage, seat/leg room comfort is even more important to me now. 6ft2 200 lbs. This Sonata is one of few cars that I don't have the drivers seat all the way back to find room and comfort. Headroom is stellar even with the panoramic sunroof which I LOVE. Limited package so has everything except heated steering wheel which I can live without. Ventilated seats are the best thing since sliced bread. Android Auto is amazing. I can dictate text messages with the roof open at 70mph and it translates perfectly. Ride is just taught enough without being harsh. I'm not one for a cushy ride. Power delivery is great. Amazing highway car. Only scored 8 in Driving Dynamics simply because the steering can have better feel. Chalk that up to electric power steering and let's face it, the German's still have "feel" down to an art. But reliability is an acceptable trade off to steering feel. Looking forward to many trouble-free years and miles. Since it's a 2015, I got a fantastic deal."

Fantastic value on wheels

By on Saturday, October 17, 2015

Pros: "great looking well made car that is fun to drive"

Cons: "MPG not as stated under normal driving conditions."

"I love my Sonata Hybrid. This is the second one I have owned. It came with almost anything you could ask for as far as comfort technology goes. I have the LIMITED version. It is a beautiful and reliable car. My only complaint is the MPG is not nearly as much as stated in the sticker. Driving the freeway to work daily and around town I get between 30-33 mpg instead of the 40 mpg stated. If I drive at 55 or 60 mph I feel confident I can get better MPG but who drives that way?"

Best bang for my buck

By on Saturday, March 26, 2016

Pros: "Quietness of the cabin, equipment, layout, ride"

Cons: "Seats could be a little softer (they are not stiff"

Sonata with a bow

"I am spending 2.5 hours every working day in the car: to me it is not choosing "just a car", but a second home and office. I have invested a lot of time in selecting a new vehicle. Here are the reasons I did not buy competitors: Accord EX (pros: awesome screens and interior quality, nice open layout, camera on the mirror, handling; cons: suspension is on the stiffer side, road imperfections are quite noticeable). Altima (pros: the most comfortable seats; cons: engine noise, no Android Auto(AA)). Fusion (great car overall, but the cabin layout is claustrophobic and rear seat room is the smallest, no AA). 2016 Malibu (looks awesome, but the ride is on a stiffer side and interior is simply "fine"). Camry LE (everything is in place, but it lacks Android Auto/Apple Car, which serves as a live personal assistant during the trip). Sonata is the car where all my stars have lined up: it has definitely the smoothest ride of the bunch, the car irons out all the cracks in the pavement - you do not feel them nor hear them. Sonata is the quietest car on a highway - no tire noise, no wind noise, it feels and rides like a luxury car, even though I got the entry level model without a single option. Cabin layout is very open, you constantly "feel" spaciousness especially with the light interior (light gray or beige). Sonata has a very confident handling, and there is absolutely no "floatiness" as you would normally feel with soft suspensions. Entry-level model comes with the most equipment compared to the cars above: nice 7" screen with lots of features (XM data - traffic, weather), high-quality HD backup camera, AA works great, seats are comfortable on my long rides, and the price tag is unbelievable if you know how to negotiate - very low 18,000s. The sound system generates an unexpectedly good sound quality - it is not what you would think to get in a "stripped-down model". Paired with the cabin quietness the sound is very good. If you choose very nice options like panoramic sunroof, heated/cooled leather seats and a plethora of safety/electronic features, adaptive cruise control, super stereo system - prepare to pay at least 50% more. In my case - it was not worth "half the car", but everyone is different. Confession: I really loved those options, but then brain overruled my feelings and desires. Paired with 5 year full/10-year powertrain warranty and very low maintenance costs this Sonata SE is my perfect choice to be my 2nd home/office for the next 5 years."

Sonata with a bow

Highly recommend this car!

By on Friday, December 05, 2014

Pros: "Superb value, great ride, wonderful features"

Cons: "NONE!"

"I was looking at Lexus IS or ES to replace an existing Lexus ES. $ were coming in high so i looked at Hyundai. I got a limited edition with all the packages for way less than the Lexus and in actuality, like the car more in many ways than the Lexus. This car is awesome, it has everything one could want in features and technology and it rides extremely soft and quietly. I am so pleased I purchased this car I cannot tell you. This car is as nice as any Lexus, much better value, and is way better than a Honda Accord or Toyota Camrey."

Best car I have ever had!

By on Saturday, September 26, 2015

Pros: "Great price! really quick, great gas mileage"

Cons: "none!"

"The 2015 Hyundai sonata sport is an awesome car! I have the quartz white pearl color with the black interior. Not only does the car look awesome, it drives awesome too! Great gas mileage, and this thing is Really quick especially when you put it in sport mode. the navigation in the car is flawless. if you type in or say an address it loads fast and when it says you are at your destination you are definitely there. by far better than any portable GPS. the interior is very comfortable, HUGE trunk. blind spot detection works great, as does the rear cross traffic alert and backup camera. the hands free smart trunk is a really cool feature too. i love the blue link system, and it has a 5 star overall crash test rating. the back seat gives tons of leg room even to a large adult. great buy!"