2015 Hyundai Sonata Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,596 - $21,207.

10/9.2

8.3

Based on 32 Ratings for the 2015 models.

very happy

By on Monday, August 10, 2015

Pros: "handles well, great price, reliable"

Cons: "battery didnt last long"

"This car handles very well and is very comfortable. Although the battery only lasted less than three years, everything else is still going strong."

Overall an excellent

By on Thursday, September 11, 2014

Pros: "Build quality, Quietness, Comfortable Ride, Tech"

Cons: "Tight drivers cockpit (for me)"

"Overall this car is an excellent vehicle and the features for the price is the cherry on top. I only have 1 complaint and that is my cooled seats don't cool very well. I'm having Hyundai look at them next week. I had a loaner car when mine was in the shop for an oil change, and they gave me the exact same model, 2015 Sonata Limited. And when I used it's seat cooler, it almost froze me out. My car, you can barley feel it. I looked at most of the other competitors in the Sonata's segment and you can not get the level of quality interior build, smooth ride, quiet cabin and awesome technology that the Hyundai offers unless you want to pay $$ more. And even then, the build quality and materials used don't stack up to it. The interior is very spacious, the only complaint I have is the drivers cockpit is not as wide as I'd like. I'm 6'1" and I like to drive with my legs out to the sides and my knees hit the door handle on one side and the middle console on the other, so I have to put my feet towards the middle of the floorboard so I can get enough knee room. But as a whole, very comfortable ride. The quietness of the cabin and smooth ride is great! I commute 5 days a week and I traded in my 2011 Elantra Limited as the road noise and rough ride was a little too much for my liking. Although I did take a drive in the 2015 Elantra and I almost thought of buying it as it has also come a long ways in noise and ride quality as well, but the overall room and tech the Sonata had won me over. I was even thinking of purchasing the 2014 Azera (love the looks and bhp of that car) but again, the tech on the Sonata got me. Passive cruise control is the best. Once I'm on the freeway and turn it on, I almost never have to break or speed up until its time to get off the highway, great invention. The interior quality is very good as is the fit and finish. I hate when you buy a car and you get squeaks and rattles after just a couple years. My Elantra which had 70,500 on it, never once squeaked or rattled, and I can pretty much bet that I won't have that issue either with the Sonata. The back seat has more room than any car in it's class and as soon as you sit in it, you can tell. I always put the drivers seat in the position I like to drive in, then I hop in back to check the leg room. You can sit 3 full size adults on that seat with no issues. The trunk is also of good size and easy to access. I like the new 3 second auto open trunk as well. All you do is walk up behind the car and it will beep 3 times and the trunk will auto open as long as the key fob is in your pocket. Also, I can fit 3 sets of golf clubs in fairly easily. The engine has enough bhp to get you going and the gas mileage has been good. My Elantra averaged around 27 mpg and my larger Sonata is getting 30+. So for the features and quality, it can't be beat. The looks took me a bit to warm up to, I did like the older models looks and really LOVED the Azera's looks. But the more I look at this car, it really does have a refined muscular look to it. There are a lot of cars in this segment and each one does certain things better than the others, but in MHO, the 2015 Sonata does more of them better."

Highly recommend this car!

By on Friday, December 05, 2014

Pros: "Superb value, great ride, wonderful features"

Cons: "NONE!"

"I was looking at Lexus IS or ES to replace an existing Lexus ES. $ were coming in high so i looked at Hyundai. I got a limited edition with all the packages for way less than the Lexus and in actuality, like the car more in many ways than the Lexus. This car is awesome, it has everything one could want in features and technology and it rides extremely soft and quietly. I am so pleased I purchased this car I cannot tell you. This car is as nice as any Lexus, much better value, and is way better than a Honda Accord or Toyota Camrey."

GREAT CAR!

By on Friday, August 15, 2014

Pros: "Features are great! Cooled seats are wonderful"

Cons: "none found yet!"

"I just purchased the all new 2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited with the ultimate package. I can’t say enough good things about this car. The ride is great, the features are amazing, and the car gets even more MPG then is posted to get!!! The new 2015 model has more room, a redesigned dash, and a lot more features then before, it is over all a larger car the in the past also. We looked at ALL the compotators cars and this is by FAR the best car value on the market. The 10year/100,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty just can’t be beat either!"

Second Review on 2015 Sonata

By on Saturday, February 28, 2015

Pros: "Quiet,smooth ride,fun to drive,looks are awesome"

Cons: "driver seat and leather"

"I did a review on my 2015 Sonata about 2 months ago. There was been a few issues since that review was posted. I bought the Sport with the premium package which includes leather on the seats and heated front seats. Love them but I did notice less than a month ago that where the seat belt is, its started to discolor and the leather is being rubbed away. I took it to the dealership and of course they are fixing it but the guy told me that its not the seat its me getting in and out of the color and maybe I should move the seat back when I get out or put a seat cover over the seat. First off I didn't spend the extra money for heated seats to put seat covers over it and second off when I called yesterday to see if the new seat came in I found out that the seat is on back order which means that others must be having the same problem. I love this car still no matter what but a little disappointed in the seat issue. I've had my car since Oct 2014 and shouldn't be having this problem. I can see after years but not months. I hope that Hyundai fixes this issue with the seats."