2015 Hyundai Sonata Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,441 - $20,992.

Based on 4 Ratings for the 2015 models.

Ruined the styling!

By on Thursday, September 18, 2014

Pros: "Solid, reliable and well built"

Cons: "The new styling is boring!"

"I got this for my wife. I really liked the previous Sonata's looks, but in my opinion, Hyundai messed up this new one by toning down the styling for 2015. It now looks nearly as boring as a Camry. There is no question that the quality, value and reliability are way up there, but I much prefer my Kia Optima SX Turbo to this Hyundai Sonata Sport 2.0T. The Optima is better looking, quicker, handles better and is better equipped for about the same money. I bought this because my wife wanted it. Her friends told her how much they liked theirs, but they all have the previous generation version. My wife said she likes the car, but it is not as pretty as her friends' older ones."

Disappointed

By on Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Pros: "Drive is so far so good"

Cons: "No QC, bad Bluetooth."

"I got this car last week. Let me give you guys some feedbacks. Overall the car drives quite well for a 4-cylinder turbo. Noise level of engine and drive is somewhat in the mid range. My previous car was a 2012 Genesis and this 2015 Sonata is not better but doable. Cons: The car doors were not aligning correctly. Doors were a bit off from the quarter panels and rear passengers door. I was not able to open driver's side passenger the door. I have to pull the handle twice in order to open the door. Dealership had to take my car in for a day to fix these issues. I got the car on Friday and return to dealership for repairs on Monday, go figure. Hyundai Alabama must be rushing to get this car out of factory because their QC is way below par. I was told the car was also inspected when it arrives at dealership before it can be sold to me. The QC level at the dealership must be the same as factory, below average. How Hyundai is able to miss all doors alignment is beyond my comprehension. I really hope the doors are the only problems and nothing on the brakes or steering as they have a recall earlier when they roll out the 2015 Sonata 2.4s and SEs. My advice to all my fellow buyers: Beware and please check all the doors alignment, make sure they are flushed with quarter panels and rear passenger doors. Oh BTW, even after they fix my doors, one of the doors is still not aligned correctly. I will need to take the car in again. OMG. What is waste of my time. Bluetooth Audio Streaming: All 2015 Sonata has this problem and their engineers are working on a fix. If you try to stream your music from your phone to the car's Bluetooth system, get ready for a break/pause every 15 seconds. I was told Hyundai knew about this problem but they will still sell the car anyway. Currently I'm waiting for a software patch which will fix this but who knows when. I suggest all buyers to stay the away from this car until maybe a year later till they fix all defects. If you have a iphone 5 or better, wait for Apple Carplay to be installed before you get the car. I kind of regretted getting this car so early in the game as Carplay cannot be retro to the current 2015 Sonata models. Plus I'm not sure what other problem I may encounter. Better wait then be sorry like me. Window Lock: Yesterday I found a new problem. Window lock function is not working. There is a window lock button on the driver's side left armrest. Supposedly when this function is on, other passengers in the car is not able to open their windows. Mine doesn't work. This function is broken for my car. Sad story, Hyundai miss it during their under par QC. Pro:??? With so many current problems, my pros are clouded with the cons so there is nothing good to say about the car now. Until they fix all my car's existing problems, I may update this review with some goods. Thanks for reading and hope you all buy other cars for now."

Overall an excellent

By on Thursday, September 11, 2014

Pros: "Build quality, Quietness, Comfortable Ride, Tech"

Cons: "Tight drivers cockpit (for me)"

"Overall this car is an excellent vehicle and the features for the price is the cherry on top. I only have 1 complaint and that is my cooled seats don't cool very well. I'm having Hyundai look at them next week. I had a loaner car when mine was in the shop for an oil change, and they gave me the exact same model, 2015 Sonata Limited. And when I used it's seat cooler, it almost froze me out. My car, you can barley feel it. I looked at most of the other competitors in the Sonata's segment and you can not get the level of quality interior build, smooth ride, quiet cabin and awesome technology that the Hyundai offers unless you want to pay $$ more. And even then, the build quality and materials used don't stack up to it. The interior is very spacious, the only complaint I have is the drivers cockpit is not as wide as I'd like. I'm 6'1" and I like to drive with my legs out to the sides and my knees hit the door handle on one side and the middle console on the other, so I have to put my feet towards the middle of the floorboard so I can get enough knee room. But as a whole, very comfortable ride. The quietness of the cabin and smooth ride is great! I commute 5 days a week and I traded in my 2011 Elantra Limited as the road noise and rough ride was a little too much for my liking. Although I did take a drive in the 2015 Elantra and I almost thought of buying it as it has also come a long ways in noise and ride quality as well, but the overall room and tech the Sonata had won me over. I was even thinking of purchasing the 2014 Azera (love the looks and bhp of that car) but again, the tech on the Sonata got me. Passive cruise control is the best. Once I'm on the freeway and turn it on, I almost never have to break or speed up until its time to get off the highway, great invention. The interior quality is very good as is the fit and finish. I hate when you buy a car and you get squeaks and rattles after just a couple years. My Elantra which had 70,500 on it, never once squeaked or rattled, and I can pretty much bet that I won't have that issue either with the Sonata. The back seat has more room than any car in it's class and as soon as you sit in it, you can tell. I always put the drivers seat in the position I like to drive in, then I hop in back to check the leg room. You can sit 3 full size adults on that seat with no issues. The trunk is also of good size and easy to access. I like the new 3 second auto open trunk as well. All you do is walk up behind the car and it will beep 3 times and the trunk will auto open as long as the key fob is in your pocket. Also, I can fit 3 sets of golf clubs in fairly easily. The engine has enough bhp to get you going and the gas mileage has been good. My Elantra averaged around 27 mpg and my larger Sonata is getting 30+. So for the features and quality, it can't be beat. The looks took me a bit to warm up to, I did like the older models looks and really LOVED the Azera's looks. But the more I look at this car, it really does have a refined muscular look to it. There are a lot of cars in this segment and each one does certain things better than the others, but in MHO, the 2015 Sonata does more of them better."

GREAT CAR!

By on Friday, August 15, 2014

Pros: "Features are great! Cooled seats are wonderful"

Cons: "none found yet!"

"I just purchased the all new 2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited with the ultimate package. I can’t say enough good things about this car. The ride is great, the features are amazing, and the car gets even more MPG then is posted to get!!! The new 2015 model has more room, a redesigned dash, and a lot more features then before, it is over all a larger car the in the past also. We looked at ALL the compotators cars and this is by FAR the best car value on the market. The 10year/100,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty just can’t be beat either!"