2014 Hyundai Sonata Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,269 - $20,982.

10/7.6

Based on 685 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

This was our first Sonata

By on Friday, December 26, 2014

"And we love this car we only have one thing we would like to see added power passenger seat (fix with 2015) We hoped to get better mileage only averaged 28 to 31 MPG."

For the Price this is the best car I've ever owned

By on Sunday, December 21, 2014

"This Sonata handled as well as the BMWs or the Mercedes i've driven or owned in the past. Sound system is excellent, I've done nothing but keep the maintenance up on this vechile. It gets approximately 31 miles per gallon on the road which was awesome. Trunk room is great and with the back seats folding forward that helped if i did need extra room. I would not hesitate to recommend this vehicle to a family member or friend which i did. With the extras i put on the Sonata it gets a lot of thumbs up when I'm driving it! I'm selling it come Jan. because I've just retired and now need a truck. It has been the best purchase I've ever made."

Outstanding value for the money.

By on Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Pros: "Great price, great looking, reliable, fun"

"If you don't need all the bells and whistles in a used car, then the 2012 Sonata GLS if perfect. No nav system, no push button start, but so what. The car is beautiful, handles well, and gets excellent mpg. Having bought it as a certified pre-owned, my warranty coverage is excellent. Really pleased with this car!"

Good mileage, but hard noisy ride on Limited

By on Saturday, December 13, 2014

Pros: "Transmission, Brakes, Looks, City handling"

Cons: "Shocks, Noisy engine and ride, Steering."

"Bought '13 Limited for a quiet comfortable ride, 100 K miles CPO from a dealer. But after a few days of driving we are disappointed, and noticed a number of issues. a) The steering is tight, and has some resistance to moving it. So tackling windy mountain roads is hard on shoulders and arms. b) The steering cannot be made to go straight in highways, it wanders. It finally got fixed by switching from the "GLS" to the "Sport" mode. c) Very rough ride on certain tars. The car has monotube shock absorbers which makes the ride feel very hard and bumpy, not good for long drives . To make matters worse, the seat cushions are hard too. d) Engine has a timing chain, making it very clunky and noisy like a diesel jeep. e) The engine produces power, but not until it is rev-ed to a very noisy 5000+ RPM. Also, the torque noticeably lags putting feet on accelerator. f) The interior of the car is not noise insulated, causing a lot of wind roar and tyre clap. This steals the comfort out of both the ride and the music. Overall, expected better from a Limited model. There are some good things too. It looks majestic, and the brakes and transmission are among the best of many full-sized sedans I have driven. City mileage is OKAY. So this car is good for short rides in a city, but NOT for highways or the hills."

Decent car

By on Friday, December 12, 2014

Pros: "5 star performance"

Cons: "Low trade-in/resale value"

"Drove the base model Sonata then drove the 2.0 Turbo. For the extra money the Turbo is hands down the best. Fuel mileage is in the low 30's highway, and the car handles & rides very well. Very roomy interior and the trunk is huge. Fit, finish and overall quality is good and other than one minor factory recall, I just have the normal routine maintenance (oil/filter/tire rotation) done at the dealership. One downfall is the poor resale/trade value when I was thinking of purchasing the re-designed 2015 Sonata so I will be driving my 2013 Sonata for a few more years."