2014 Hyundai Sonata Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,269 - $20,982.

10/7.6

Based on 685 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

A great car for a great price

By on Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Pros: "price, features, stylish"

Cons: "noisy ride, interior color is too light"

"I bought a 2011 Hyundai Sonata used in 2011. I always said that the only way I would buy another car is if it was a Hyundai Sonata. I did buy a brand new Sonata in 2014. This car has been everything I wanted and more. The radio is touch screen and has all the options. The side mirrors have markers on them. The driver seat is power. The driver and passenger seats are heated. There are so many extras, I could go on and on. I get 40+ mpg on the highway. The only way I will buy another car is if I get my third Sonata :)"

somewhat dissapointed

By on Wednesday, January 07, 2015

Pros: "good looks"

Cons: "noisy"

"i've had this car for two years.do not like electronic steering,very hard to make the car track straight without a lot of corrections.the tires are howling after 10,000 miles. sounds like a semi.has a lot of road noise in the rear of the car."

The MPG on the highway is great !!! I had it at 40

By on Saturday, January 03, 2015

"40 mpg at 70 and even have pics ... A very reliable car, that is why I am selling it to my daughter at a discounted rate... Yeah I know !!!"

Solid mid-size contender for daily commuting

By on Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, great price, fuel efficient"

Cons: "Rough ride, hard seats, OEM Tire noise"

"If you want to buy a good car for daily commuting, you can’t do much better than this Sonata. Reliable, fuel efficient and pretty cheap to operate makes this an easy choice. We bought this car new in 2012 and currently have just over 62000 miles on it. This is the base model GLS with only 2 – 3 options such as floor & trunk mats and the bumper applique and that’s about it. Still, you’re getting a lot of car for the money; most if not all of the important features you need are standard. I would recommend this Sonata to anyone needing a good, reliable, commuter car. At the time (March 2012), this was one of the best mid-size sedans on the market but since then most of the mid-size car field has either been totally restyled or updated and if I had to choose one today (2015) it would probably either be a Nissan Altima, Ford Fusion or the new Sonata. Basically, we’d narrowed the choice down to the Sonata and the Camry and the Sonata won out based on the price, features and warranty. This car has more features than the Camry or Accord but at a lower price. Build quality is equal to either one also. This has been a very reliable and inexpensive car to operate. Only one warranty repair has been needed in 62000 miles and that was for a faulty cruise control switch inside the steering wheel. It took 3 tries and two different dealerships to repair it but they finally found the problem. Total cost = $0 and they gave me a loaner so no biggie. Other than that, this car has had no problems and has been very inexpensive to operate. In addition, I consistently get good gas mileage; typically 31 – 32 MPG in congested commuter traffic and at least 37 – 39 MPG on the highway doing approx.. 55 – 60 MPH with no stop & go. If I had to name any issues with the car, it would be: 1) the car rides too rough, 2) the seats are too firm and 3) the OEM tires were too noisy. At 50000 miles, the factory tires were replaced with Michelin Energy Saver tires. An instant 100% improvement in tire noise, but only a 25% improvement in ride quality. I test-drove a 2011 Sonata and it rode rough also and I've read other reviews where other drivers have said similar things so hopefully the new 2015 Sonata has fixed the rough riding problem. This also has as standard the Sirius XM Satellite connection. After a few months you have to pay a monthly subscription fee and because we spend so much time in the car, we enjoy the commercial free programming, but at least you have the choice of using it – on other cars you have to pay extra just to get the connectivity. If I had to recommend this car to anyone, I would. It is a very good value – a well-built, reliable car."

Very satisfied with this car. Bought for work

By on Monday, December 29, 2014

"Very comfortable and great reliable transportation"