2014 Hyundai Sonata Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $19,957 - $20,776.

10/7.6

Based on 742 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

love this car

By on Sunday, May 13, 2012

Pros: "good gas mileage, fun to drive, great handling"

Cons: "no power seat controls on passenger side"

"i have upgraded to this car from a 2005 Civic and what an upgrade it is. what i ended up paying for this car was not much for then the civic, but is worlds better. a bunch of other reviews stated road noise but i would say the road noise is not really an issue. Although i have heard that it could be the tires not the car. only thing i wish it had was power seat controls on the passenger side, since it has nice electronic adjustment for the driver side. And even having a much bigger engine then that Civic i had and it gets about the same MPGs."

I love this car!!!

By on Sunday, April 29, 2012

Pros: "fun toys, beautiful car, great safety features"

Cons: "road noise on highway"

"This is our fourth Hyundai Sonata. Every year, Hyundai improves their cars. Our last two Sonata's had virtually no problems. THIS car is a sleek beauty with plenty of room. After my first tank of gas I was getting 28 MPG with mixed driving. (city/hi-way) I cannot believe the technology in this car. The base come with Bluetooth. You also get a 3 month trial of Sirius radio and Blue-link. Blue-link is Hyundai's version of On-star,but offers so much more. The safety features are, as always, ahead of the game on a Hyundai vehicle. I'm so please with this car. It offers a great bang for the buck."

Love my Sonata-It is my 2nd one

By on Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Pros: "Sporty, handles well and spacious"

Cons: "I wish they had moonroofs on the SE models."

"This is my second Sonata. My 2011 had some issue with the brake switch and a few other minor issue. I always get tons of compliments on my car. It handles well, has a lot of "get up and go" to it, and the interior is great! I love all the room, trunk space, cup holders, sport seats and the blue interior lights. The only negative thing so far is that I had to have the Rocker Panel repainted. The paint was flaking off, I was told that mine was not the only one with this issue. Hyundai repainted it and I am happy with the outcome."

Very nice vehicle

By on Thursday, October 06, 2011

"Purchased the 2012 Sonata Limited Turbo. Love everything about it so far. Has a lot of nice options and drives nicely. feels like V6."

Will never own another car

By on Friday, September 13, 2013

Pros: "Smooth ride, comfortable, great value for price"

Cons: "nothing"

"Absolutely love the Hyundai Sonata. Bought it used and still runs wonderfully. Most comfortable car for the price with many features that come standard compared to other cars that you will have to pay extra for. Get gas mileage around 31 highway and 25 city. I love the luxury of the Sonata and the great customer service I have received at multiple different Hyundai dealerships. I never want to own another car other than Hyundai."

Rough ride and low passenger seat

By on Friday, July 19, 2013

Pros: "Nice interior and sleek look"

Cons: "Poor shifting and the passenger seat is not adjust"

"Our Sonata hybrid has the roughest ride of a hybrid that I have ever had. The gear shifting in the lower gears is awful. We are barely getting more that 25 mpg. Also the passenger seat is so low and is not adjustable."

Overwhelmed by the power, and reliability

By on Monday, April 29, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, efficient, economical 28 to 30 MP"

Cons: "Slightly stiff on the schock absorbers,"

"I was always liked a big car, big engine, flashy car. I thought I would be humbled by a smaller engine car. My mouth fell open when I stepped on the gas out in the open and saw my speedometer hit 110 with absolute control. The compliments I get when I park my car at a restaurant and there is a line of people waiting to get in gives me goosebumps. It is a flashy apple red with beige leather interior that catches the eyes. I am a retired law enforcement officer and have been a high speed driving instructor, sure would like to take it out on the high speed trac."

Best vehicle I've owned.

By on Saturday, June 30, 2012

Pros: "NO COMPROMISES!!"

Cons: "None."

"Compared the Sonata to the Camry, Accord, Malibu and Fusion and couldn't come up with a reason to do anything but buy the Sonata. After the first year, the car is as good as advertised and better in many respects. On trips, I regularly get 40MPG (not hybrid!) and with the value Hyundai provided, I was able to buy after-market DVD players for the headrests (dealer installed) and the kids love them. I can't think of a single thing I compromised by getting the Sonata."

I love this car!

By on Monday, June 18, 2012

Pros: "quick stops, good pick-up, beautiful styling"

Cons: "Needs an auxiliary plug in back seat"

"I bought this car new right before Christmas 2011, and got most of the features on it; did cut out the rear camera, something I now regret. Also did not get the moon roof or guidance system (I have a very good Garmin), which I don't miss. The car handles very well, good on dry and wet roads; handles well in quick stops. It gets great gas mileage, if I can keep my foot off the gas. Making a game of more efficient driving helps make it easier. I average 32 - 33 mph in town (we have a lot of hills), and around 40 on the road. This car has plenty of room - I was surprised at the amount of leg room in the back seat. Good trunk space too - enough for two adults on a two week vacation. I got a great deal on this car, which makes it even better. Love it, and would definitely purchase another one."

my second Sonata

By on Monday, May 28, 2012

Pros: "price, gas mileage"

Cons: "standard low profile rims make for noisey ride"

"Previously I owned a 2004 Sonata. At 178K, decided to trade in for the 2012, to get a little better gas mileage and of course a warranty. The '04 was a great car, only one minor issue with it and it was covered under warranty. The 2012 so far has been fantastic. My family and I just drove it to Fort Lauderdale and back (over 3000 miles round trip). Very comfortable ride for three adults, even my Dad who is tall had no issues sitting in the back seat. So far, great car and very glad to have traded up (I LOVED the 2004 and if I get the same performance from the '12 that would be fantastic). Only complaint I have is the sport rims on the car, made for a bit of noise on the highway. Getting 16 inch rims and regular tires soon to improve the ride some - mainly it was just road noise and would like a bit quieter ride. Great car overall."