2014 Hyundai Sonata Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $19,951 - $20,755.

10/7.6

Based on 719 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

love this car

By on Sunday, May 13, 2012

Pros: "good gas mileage, fun to drive, great handling"

Cons: "no power seat controls on passenger side"

"i have upgraded to this car from a 2005 Civic and what an upgrade it is. what i ended up paying for this car was not much for then the civic, but is worlds better. a bunch of other reviews stated road noise but i would say the road noise is not really an issue. Although i have heard that it could be the tires not the car. only thing i wish it had was power seat controls on the passenger side, since it has nice electronic adjustment for the driver side. And even having a much bigger engine then that Civic i had and it gets about the same MPGs."

Best bang for your buck

By on Monday, December 26, 2011

Pros: "fun 2 drive, excellent price, warranty, good looks"

Cons: "blind spots, you have to slam the doors to close"

"Before I bought this car I research extensively the competition mainly Toyota Camry, Honda accord, Nissan Altima, Kia optima. I check for space (Trunk, headroom, legroom, etc) best MPG non hybrid, best warranty, looks, standard features, price, etc. Two cars came on top The Kia Optima and the Hyunday Sonata; both better equipped than the competition, with better warranties, MPG, and priced considerably lower than similar equipped competitors (around $2000 less!!!). I test drove all o f them and the Hyundai Sonata came on top for his outstanding MPG, feel, beauty, warranty, price comfort and standard features. Car feels solid and fun to drive, very quiet, nice dashboard, blue tooth, blue link. Get the GLS best value for your buck. SE while more powerful has a rough ride and compromises insurance because the speed. Limited can get too expensive which kills one of the reasons you choose Hyundais/Kias the excllent price / value ratio"

2013 Limited Turbo, So Far So Great

By on Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Pros: "Price, performance, quality, fun to drive"

Cons: "rear visibility could be better"

"I've had my 2013 Limited Turbo for about 4 months now and so far I'm very impressed. Fit, finish, performance, and style are all top notch. No issues with the vehicle so far. In my opinion, the 18" wheels really make the car look better, which I understand come on the SE and Turbo models. Gas milage so far is good, averaging around 32-33 on 75% highway, 25% city driving. Getting into the turbo quickly (pun intended) brings a smile to your face, but getting into it too often does bring the milage down fast (a few minutes taking it from 75 mph to 120 took my mpg screen from 32 to 27 rather quickly). Personally, I'm ok with the 2013 taking away the glass roof on the Limited (it now comes with the premium package, which my car doesn't have). Mine has the standard sunroof, which suits me fine. Here in Texas I've talked to several people who have the glass roofs and they say it puts more heat in the car on sunny days. I'm also getting very fond of the keyless entry. You just keep the fob in your pocket and hit the little button on the door handle to lock or unlock the car, and then you just push the button on the dash to start/stop the car. It's also smart enough to know if you've left the fob in the car and won't let you lock yourself out. Before I bought the car, I felt it was kind of a gimmick, but now that I've had it I've become spoiled, not having to take a key out of your pocket is nice. In summary, I think I got a lot of car for the money compared to the competition and would recommend the Sonata to anyone looking for a nice, well optioned vehicle at a very reasonable price."

I love this car!!!

By on Sunday, April 29, 2012

Pros: "fun toys, beautiful car, great safety features"

Cons: "road noise on highway"

"This is our fourth Hyundai Sonata. Every year, Hyundai improves their cars. Our last two Sonata's had virtually no problems. THIS car is a sleek beauty with plenty of room. After my first tank of gas I was getting 28 MPG with mixed driving. (city/hi-way) I cannot believe the technology in this car. The base come with Bluetooth. You also get a 3 month trial of Sirius radio and Blue-link. Blue-link is Hyundai's version of On-star,but offers so much more. The safety features are, as always, ahead of the game on a Hyundai vehicle. I'm so please with this car. It offers a great bang for the buck."

Very nice vehicle

By on Thursday, October 06, 2011

"Purchased the 2012 Sonata Limited Turbo. Love everything about it so far. Has a lot of nice options and drives nicely. feels like V6."

Love my Sonata-It is my 2nd one

By on Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Pros: "Sporty, handles well and spacious"

Cons: "I wish they had moonroofs on the SE models."

"This is my second Sonata. My 2011 had some issue with the brake switch and a few other minor issue. I always get tons of compliments on my car. It handles well, has a lot of "get up and go" to it, and the interior is great! I love all the room, trunk space, cup holders, sport seats and the blue interior lights. The only negative thing so far is that I had to have the Rocker Panel repainted. The paint was flaking off, I was told that mine was not the only one with this issue. Hyundai repainted it and I am happy with the outcome."

Will never own another car

By on Friday, September 13, 2013

Pros: "Smooth ride, comfortable, great value for price"

Cons: "nothing"

"Absolutely love the Hyundai Sonata. Bought it used and still runs wonderfully. Most comfortable car for the price with many features that come standard compared to other cars that you will have to pay extra for. Get gas mileage around 31 highway and 25 city. I love the luxury of the Sonata and the great customer service I have received at multiple different Hyundai dealerships. I never want to own another car other than Hyundai."

Rough ride and low passenger seat

By on Friday, July 19, 2013

Pros: "Nice interior and sleek look"

Cons: "Poor shifting and the passenger seat is not adjust"

"Our Sonata hybrid has the roughest ride of a hybrid that I have ever had. The gear shifting in the lower gears is awful. We are barely getting more that 25 mpg. Also the passenger seat is so low and is not adjustable."

Overwhelmed by the power, and reliability

By on Monday, April 29, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, efficient, economical 28 to 30 MP"

Cons: "Slightly stiff on the schock absorbers,"

"I was always liked a big car, big engine, flashy car. I thought I would be humbled by a smaller engine car. My mouth fell open when I stepped on the gas out in the open and saw my speedometer hit 110 with absolute control. The compliments I get when I park my car at a restaurant and there is a line of people waiting to get in gives me goosebumps. It is a flashy apple red with beige leather interior that catches the eyes. I am a retired law enforcement officer and have been a high speed driving instructor, sure would like to take it out on the high speed trac."

Best vehicle I've owned.

By on Saturday, June 30, 2012

Pros: "NO COMPROMISES!!"

Cons: "None."

"Compared the Sonata to the Camry, Accord, Malibu and Fusion and couldn't come up with a reason to do anything but buy the Sonata. After the first year, the car is as good as advertised and better in many respects. On trips, I regularly get 40MPG (not hybrid!) and with the value Hyundai provided, I was able to buy after-market DVD players for the headrests (dealer installed) and the kids love them. I can't think of a single thing I compromised by getting the Sonata."