2012 Hyundai Sonata

Based on 650 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

so so vehicle

By on Sunday, September 28, 2014

Pros: "the only pro is it's a fast car with lots of zing"

Cons: "the whole darn car"

"waited a long time to buy a sonata so when it came to buy a new car I went to my local dealer to buy this car. was sold on mileage 25City 40 highway. What a joke I get 19 in the City and on Highway 32 to 35 which I cant complain about it is the city driving mileage when I took it in they said wait until you get 10000 miles on it while here we are with 24300 on it and its the same plus during Winter months I get 14 to 16 miles per gallon Dealer does know what to say its my driving what a joke I was laid up for a month and my son drove the car and he got same mileage as me.The car is very noisy I've had about 6 recalls on it so far steering pulls and again its my driving and hold on to the steering wheel tighter lol. Paid extra for interior package and that scratches easy I could go on and on"

Moved from Toyota Camry for price and warranty..

By on Saturday, September 27, 2014

"For years, our family were devoted Toyota buyers and found them reliable, comfortable and reasonably priced. My Father recommnended Hyundai for the improvements made over the years, back in 20006. In 2012, I made my first purchase of a 2013 Sonata, with nav package. At closing, I was informed that the 100k warranty didn't transfer, meaning if I were to die, my spouse or kids could not continue it? I learned quickly that the Nav system has not been updated, and the categories are limited which does not allow us to find some places we are attempting to get to. We end up using our smart phone Bizlocater or Mapquest. Last night, I attempted to pick up take out food in an unfamiliar town (babysitting for daughter) and was directed to a home in a subdivision, with an address not close to what I wanted. I asked about software updates at the dealership last year, and a couple weeks ago and there were none. We have taken 2 2,400 mile round trips to Florida and found the back seat to be hard and not comfortable, nor well cushioned on rough roads. As it is usually only the 2 of us using the car, it isn't usally a factor and I haven't had a Camry in 7 or so years, but would consider them again. When adding the nav package, we only wanted the moon roof. I don't use the back up camera and learned to drive without, and carefully move the car (so no one or nothing behind). Would have preferred separate options and if known the GPS system was deficient, would not have bought. I drive alot for work. All in all, the car starts when I need it, gets me where I want to go and looks good. The issues described are the only ones noted after 19 months and I hope it remains so."

Hybrid way to go

By on Thursday, September 25, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage"

Cons: "Lower to the ground"

"During my ownership I have saved gas because the battery takes over going over hills then coming down it will switch to EV. It rides very smoothly except maybe in the beginning of first starting to drive. I want to trade it for a Tucson so my husband can get inside better. I am really waiting for the hydrogen Tucson, but right now only people in Southern CA can lease this car."

Nice ride so far.

By on Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Pros: "Fun, Affordable, Comfortable, Massive Space"

Cons: "Non-transferable powertrain warranty"

"I have owned this vehicle for about a year and a half. It has worn very well so far and the body is exceptional condition. No engine or mechanical issues. Still fights like the affordable champ it is. Very recommendable."

Seats - 2012 Sonata

By on Monday, September 22, 2014

"This is my 3rd Hyundai. I had a 97 Tiburon and a 2002 XG350L. This Sonata has the most uncomfortable driver's seat I've ever experienced, not only in my other Hyundai's, but in any car I've ever owned and I've been driving since 1969. I could never take this car beyond a short day trip. It's a shame too because basically this is a very nice everyday use vehicle."