2012 Hyundai Sonata

Based on 633 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

HYUNDIA SONATA GLS

By on Thursday, August 21, 2014

"PRETTY CAR,RELIABLE,AS LONG AS THE ROADS ARE DRY,(WINTER)OR WET ROADS BRAKES DON'T WORK WELL HAVE TO START STOPPING FOUR BLOCKS AWAY.THIS IS HOW I DRIVE IN THE WINTER (WET ROADS). I WAS TOLD NOTHING IS WRONG WITH MY CAR. NERVER WAS ON RECALL LIST."

great value

By on Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Pros: "Great milage and 60/100,000 warranty."

Cons: "like a lot of cars on the road."

"Value is unsurpassed. Very comfortable and a nice driver. MPG is 36 on the highway."

Very confused on this car

By on Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Pros: "Great mileage, clean look, nice highway ride."

Cons: "so-so interior, uncomfortable seats, bad service"

"I bought this car new after reading reviews off many sites. The car looks good and rides well on the highway. City driving is a bit rough, and it always feels like the suspension is weak over bumps and potholes. The car gets great mileage; above what the sticker says. The interior has very cheap plastic that seems to attract scratches. The scratches are permanent. The passenger seat sits very low, and most reviews on subscription sites say this. We have had the car in for repairs 3 times for electrical problems in the last 5 months. That is the confusing part, because Hyundai's are reportedly very reliable. If I were guessing, Hyundai has made their cars affordable for people not used to higher end quality workmanship. The flashy features like backup camera and touch screen controls may make the average consumer excited (it did to me), and cause them to overlook some shortcomings. I have owned a Honda, a Buick, and a couple Ford Windstar vans. This car is not the same quality, in my opinion. I did not post this review to bash Hyundai, or to talk you out of buying one-I just think you should know that not every Hyundai Sonata is perfect. Ours certainly isn't. When we bought this car we were 200 feet from a Honda dealer, with the Honda Accord very similarly priced. The Accord seemed bigger and more powerful. The Honda came with dual zone air conditioning, and remote start. We went with a hunch and chose the Sonata. If I had to do it again I would take the safe bet and go with the Honda."

My 5th Hyundai

By on Friday, August 15, 2014

Cons: "Stiff ride on 18" wheels. OEM tires were terrible."

"This is the best looking car I've ever owned. It's also fun to drive. Keeping it waxed with a quality product gives it a finish like a luxury brand - still looks like it came right out of the showroom. Couldn't be happier with Hyundai quality and value for the money. My only gripe about this car is the rough ride on the 18" wheels and performance tires. I just put new tires on after a trip to the seashore and they made a huge difference in handling and ride. I feel I can never go wrong with the Hyundai brand and will most likely never switch."

WOW! JUst Fantastic

By on Monday, August 11, 2014

"This car is the real deal. Fun to drive and outstanding gas milage without the small car feel."