2011 Hyundai Sonata

Based on 774 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

I love this car!

By on Thursday, February 2, 2012

"I work in the automotive industry and bought this car because I heard nothing but great reviews from customers. It has been a wonderful car that drives as well as it looks!"

Great car

By on Saturday, January 28, 2012

Pros: "Great value, interior/exterior style, fuel economy"

Cons: "numb steering, slightly firm ride"

"This has been the best car I have owned. I consistently get 25-27 mpg in mixed driving and 35-38 mpg on long highway drives. The look inside and out is fantastic. Several people have said it looks like it should cost twice what I paid. I get asked about it all the time and everyone walks away impressed. I considered a Camry but the Sonata offered better style, more features, better warranty, and better driving dynamics. It is a very comfortable and reasonably quiet car and the 2.4L 4 cylinder feels more like a V6. Since it is a family sedan I can't be to negative about driving dynamics but the steering is slightly numb and lacks any real feedback. The chassis is well sorted and it handles pretty good for a family hauler. I wish Hyundai could soften the ride a little and not degrade the handling. The manual mode on the auto transmission is pointless unless using to keep speed down on long downhill runs, it automatically up-shifts when nearing redline. Overall it is great car with zero issues, great resale value, and higher than average predicted reliability."

Love this car!

By on Thursday, January 5, 2012

Pros: "great safety, great milage, fun drive"

Cons: "3000-mile oil change requirement on the turbo"

"We went from a Nissan Maxima, which was fun to drive, to this car earlier this year. This car holds its own, for sure! Pretty of power and steering agility. Comfortable seats (my boss comments everytime she's a passenger about nice the seats are). The gas milage over the 2006 Maxima is AMAZING. We have saved $250 a month in gas (we drive 80 miles a day)."

Great car for the money

By on Monday, December 26, 2011

Pros: "Great car for the money"

Cons: "None so far"

"We wanted a comfortable, stylish, performing and reliable vehicle for my family. I have owned many different sports cars, suv's and trucks. We went with the 2.0 turbo on our SE Sonata and what a great performing engine. No turbo lag and it gets up and goes. Enough power to spin the tires considerably from a stop light on acceleration. Gas mileage is averaging around 26mpg and I have a heavy foot. This is primarily my wifes' car as she wanted out of her suv into something better on gas and more exciting to drive. The interior is actually very nice for a car in the mid to high 20's price tag. Plenty of leg room (I'm 6'3" 240lbs) for my family. The car handles nicely, although a little more driver feedback through the steering would be nice, but I realize its not a sports car so I can't complain too much. The paddle shifters on the steering wheel are a nice touch as well. I really can't think of a negative with this car. Hopefully the reliability will match or beat our past hondas and toyotas (still own a toyota). Years ago I would've never given Hyundai a chance for my money, but they have certainly been doing things right over the past few years with their car lineup and reliability scores. The Sonata is a great car with a great value."

Fun, reliable sedan at a great value!

By on Wednesday, June 4, 2014

"I've owned a Hyundai Sonata 2.0T Limited for a little over 2 years now and I love it. It drives smoothly, is fairly quiet, is comfortable, and is safe. It gets decent gas mileage, and also has a turbo and is fun to drive. It has nice styling inside and out and comes with a ton of options, like bluetooth, mp3 player, heated leather seats, and so on. I haven't had any issues with it during the 2 years I have owned it and I'm happy that Hyundai offers the longest, most comprehensive warranty in the industry so I can keep this car for years to come. This car is the best value in mid-size sedans on the market."