2011 Hyundai Sonata

Based on 771 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

I really like the car very much.

By on Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Pros: "Handles well, great mileage and looks elegant."

Cons: "Not so good on anything slick."

"This car is reliable and is like a nice friend. It looks neat and drives great. It is a very good design. I just wish is did better on slick surfaces. It does have a gear to assist on slick areas. Good on the road and excellent milage."

Excellent Vehicle

By on Friday, March 15, 2013

Pros: "MPG, safety, value, warranty, features"

Cons: "Leg room. Could use a wider driver leg area."

"I own the 2013 SE and its a great car. Power, handling, MPG, safety, style, and options all over included. Love it. I strongly recommend this car. Oh yeah...warranty is unbelievable in a good way. No doubt the Sonata is where it's at."

Best car in class

By on Thursday, November 29, 2012

Pros: "Gorgeous, dependable and fun"

Cons: "Nothing to report"

"Head turning, beautiful car. Have the 2.0T and it is a blast to drive. Incredibly fast, fantastic mileage, and very comfortable interior. Hard to believe a car at this price point has heated back seats, XM, HD Radio and BlueTooth."

Love it!

By on Monday, October 29, 2012

Pros: "price, warranty, responsive driving, gas mileage"

"I've been a mini-van driving mama for many years. I loved my Toyota Sienna and dreaded the downsize. I test drove many different cars and stalked consumer sites, and finally bought a used 2010 Sonata. I use this for a lot of around town running, metro freeway driving, and long distance voyaging. I have been amazed at how much my spouse and I have enjoyed this car. I'm fairly tall, but I don't feel cramped. I've had tall passengers that have done well even in the back seat. This car was quieter and smoother on the road than many others I test drove. The biggest thing I miss from my van is the rear-window windshield wiper and space for the cooler up front, but I love the great gas mileage on those long road trips. Only repairs I've had have been door handles and they have been covered by the warranty."

Sonata Hybrid Not As Reliable As I Expected

By on Thursday, October 18, 2012

Pros: "Very comfotable both front seat and back; price ok"

Cons: "Lots of trips to the service dept"

"I bought the Hybrid based on the strong quality reviews that Hyundai was getting. First week of ownership required a service visit to reset the software; faulty battery cable; and a strong pull to the left. Two weeks later I was back to service with another software reset; and false signals on the dash including an alert that the battery was malfunctioning. Add to this the fact the stated 40 MPG cannot be reached and you find a very unhappy camper with this vehicle."

NOT BAD FOR THE MONEY....

By on Thursday, October 11, 2012

Pros: "just about everything"

Cons: "passenger seat to low on some models"

"This car is powerful and fun to drive being a 48 yr old grandpa. it's good on fuel depending on how you drive, dependable, did have it in shop for a recall and little problem with speaker phone bought it for my wife when she stopped smoking/christmas present and she loves it but the only complaint we have along with everyone else is why did the put the passenger seat so frickin low if you buy this car buy the model that has duel power seats my freind who owns a machine shop and I are trying to come up with a steel frame that we can bolt to the bottom of the factory frame and raise it level with the driver's seat and when we do we will sell it to all sonata GLS owners lol"

Not Sure

By on Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Pros: "Handle nice"

Cons: "When cold, engine idle rpm too high. Poor MPG"

"It's nice in all the right ways. The only thing that I'm having a problem with right now is the mpg."

Best car for the money

By on Monday, August 20, 2012

Pros: "power, econemy, large trunk."

Cons: "moonroof functionallity, recalls."

"I was reluctant to purchase a Hyundai but after takng it for a test drive it seemed to be everything I was looking for and $6,000 under budget. The fuel econemy is great with the eco mode and when you need to get around or even have a little fun while driving the turbo gives you the power that you need. The only issue that I have with the car is the moonroof does not pop up at all it only slides back."

Cant get a better vehicle at that price!

By on Friday, August 17, 2012

Pros: "Good price, best warranty, good gas mileage."

Cons: "Nothing bad."

"The car drives perfect. It has lots of room and still gets 35 hwy miles. It looks good, has more than enough get up and go and the BEST warranty compared to any other franchise. You cant go wrong with a Sonata."

A combination hard to beat! Good power, great MPG,

By on Sunday, July 22, 2012

Pros: "Price, value, MPG,practicality"

Cons: "no local dealers"

"The new Sonata is beautiful, fun to drive, efficient, well-equipped, and has the best warranty on the market"

Awesome 39 MPG on recent highway roadtrip

By on Saturday, July 14, 2012

Pros: "FUN car! GREAT LOOKS! Love the dashboard!"

Cons: "Haven't found one yet!"

"Traded in a '04 Cadillac Deville, which I loved, yet don't really miss it. I did TONS of research, car shopping and test driving, and the Sonata won hands down. They advertise 24/35 MPG, and I'm finding that I'm getting about 28/39. AMAZING! This will be a hard car to let go of down the road! I may just keep buying Sonata after Sonata. That's what I used to do with my Caddy's."

Solid Car, 1 year in

By on Saturday, February 18, 2012

Pros: "resell value, styling, gas mileage, turbo"

Cons: "limited Bluetooth capabilities (MP3 stream)"

"So far no complaints, I've had it in for a couple of minor recalls which were handled appropriately at the dealership. Surprised at the level of features the car has given the price point. If you are looking for a car that gets good gas mileage but isn't a dead fish to drive the sonota turbo might be the car for you. In mixed driving I'm getting 27MPG and never use the ECO setting. 276HP is more than you would think, I miss my V8 sedan but not the gas station visits that came with it."

Good car (so Far)!

By on Sunday, December 18, 2011

Pros: "great power(turbo)and 32avg mpg-fun to drive"

Cons: "Passenger seat---------dash lighting too bright"

"bought new 2-11. now 11,000 mi. love the way the car looks and drives.love the heated seats and the sound system.problems;steering(fixed)windshield,backwindow distortion(not fixed) Dash lighing too bright(not fixed)and the passenger seat (too low-no adjustment).but no car is perfect, overall good car for money. would most likely buy another. need 5 more yrs with the car to see how it holds up."

Very good for the price

By on Sunday, November 13, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive with great highway mileage."

Cons: "Excessive road noise on some surfaces."

"Seems to have more road noise than I would like. Steering sometimes feels like "wandering". I really like the technology included in this model."

Favorite Car ever - at any price!

By on Friday, September 23, 2011

"Bought last November and drive for pleasure and work. Fun vehicle to drive - exceptional gas milage and performance."

I loved my Sonata Hybrid!!

By on Thursday, September 8, 2011

Pros: "All in all..a wonderful car!"

My poor car!

"I don't understand the negativity in some of the ratings, but my Hybrid saved our lives! We were rear-ended by a loaded logging truck yesterday and I am writing to you about it. he hit us with full force at 50 miles an hour! The "crush-zone" worked! The front of the car looked normal, but the back ...well after the fact the car looked like a Prius! We had not even made it to the shop for the 1st maintenance visit, as we had the car for 5 weeks, no payment yet and had 3,400 miles on it. Amazingly, after the crash the car was able to drive onto the towbed! I do not have any regrets on my Hybrid, at all! Maybe it's the dealers that need to work on their issues and not the cars?"

My poor car!

Great value for the money.

By on Thursday, September 8, 2011

Pros: "Great looks , comfort , power and economy. Hard to beat for the money,"

Cons: "Passenger seat sets too low. Steering pulls to the right a little on crowned roads."

"Great style inside and out. Seats are comfortable and not real hard like many new cars today. The passengers seat, however, sets a bit too low and is not adjustable. Gauges are east to read and well lit. Engine has a lot of power (198 HP) which makes passing a breeze. I get 36 MPG if I keep my speed under 70 and the A/C off. I also found that better brands of gas make a couple MPG difference. My biggest problem with this car is that it is not towable (4-down) behind a motorhome."

Some issues so far...

By on Friday, May 13, 2011

"I decided to get the Sonata because of it's price, options, and look. Over all it's a great car, but I've already had some issues and have only had it 6 months. I had to take it into the shop because it kept making load banging noises and briefly stopping whilst driving at high speeds. turns out it had a blown Siliniod. I had a problem with my gas cap door which does'nt open when i push the gas door button. they were supposed to fix this but did not. I will have to take it back in. The MPG is no where near they say so don't believe it. I am getting about 26mpg on long hwy drives. less than that on city. The price is good, it gets an enormous amount of compliments and i do like the car. That being said, I used to own a Lexus IS250 and had zero problems with it for 4 years. I think you get what you pay for when trying to get a good value. Keep this in mind and you will be happy with the car..."

long lasting and dependable

By on Wednesday, December 12, 2007

"My Sonata has 198,860 miles on it.That should say much of my review.It is a comfortable car.Roomy.Powerful.The body design is awsome.A low cost car with the high cost look."

Good car for the $$$'s

By on Tuesday, October 30, 2007

"I have a 2003 Sonata with 116K miles. I like my car and believe it is very reliable - it will soon become my child's car. There have been a few problems - the vapor seal in the gas tank only allows me to put in about 25cents worth of gas before it cuts off - painful with such high gas prices. It takes about 15 minutes to fill up. The leather is flaking off the door handles. The chrome plating on the interior door handles is peeling and is very sharp. The light on the radio only shows 1/2 the channel unless you touch the screen. I think the back seat and passenger seats are uncomfortable. I have changed tires 2 times, replaced the timing belt, brakes and struts. Struts and timing belt pretty pricey to replace - I need to do that again very soon. I have also replaced the windshield because of rocks chipping the glass. Now it is not as quiet as it was before. It has good pick up and I think it's a pretty stylish car."

my car

By on Wednesday, October 10, 2007

"This undoubtally is the best car I have ever owned. I am 80 yrs old and have owned many cars. When you can drive it and only put gas and oil into the car and your dealer services all waranty parts with no charge, what more would you want?"

Great Value

By on Friday, October 5, 2007

"Bought the car brand new in 2004 and now have over 65k miles on it. It's a well built, reliable car. We have the v6 and it packs a lot of power under the hood. People are often surpised when they ride with me, getting onto the highway is no problem at all in this car. I agree with one of the other reviews, a lack of cup space and very awkward placement of the cruise control button. I still have to look for it sometimes, it's down to the left behind the steering wheel. The shocks are a little loose for my taste, but this is not a sports car after all. I'm average build and the seats are not the most comfortable for me. Overall, great warrenty, performance, and value. Nothing else in this price range comes close in my opinion!"

Hyundai Sonata 2003

By on Tuesday, August 7, 2007

"Excellent and very underrated car. My only complaint is regarding gas mileage (17/28). But then the engine is quite powerful and the car is extremely fun to drive. The ride is silky smooth. Passengers cannot believe it is a Hyundai (an insult to the brand - this is a high quality vehicle). The great ride is due in part to the very high end Michelin tires. USE SAME. DO NOT REPLACE with inferior type."

Can't go wrong with this car

By on Sunday, July 22, 2007

"I purchased this car new and put 102K miles on it in 4 years. This car has been great and dependable. Other than a rear manifold problem at 65K ($850) and replacing parts of the cooling system last year ($900) I have only had maitanence costs. This car is confortable and has excelleration that is tough to beat. On the highway I get just under 29 MPG and is really fun to drive. The slip shift is great in the snow and ice. I know 3 friends who purchase them after driving mine. Great car!"

Best Car Value Ever

By on Thursday, June 26, 2014

Pros: "Incredible MPG for such a big car!!!"

Cons: "None, really"

"I'm getting 40+mpg regularly with highway driving and never less than 35mpg a tank average for combined driving. The car is spacious, comfortable, reliable and gets up to go when I need it to. I have it serviced as recommended and haven't had a bit of trouble from it. With gas prices being what they are now, I am so glad I made the decision to buy the Sonata. I don't always need the extra space, but it sure comes in handy when I do need it!"