2011 Hyundai Sonata

Based on 772 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

Affordable Luxury

By on Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Pros: "killer interior design, turbo power/mpg, affordabl"

Cons: "cold idle is loud, computer mpg way optimistic"

"Picked up a 2.0Turbo Limited with all options, 10,000 miles for $11k under sticker! Cherry red and tan leather. This is an awesome car in about every way. Big, roomy, luxury. Sleek and sexy, powerful, smooth, reliable (so far, nearing 30,000 miles). Pet peaves - cold engine starts the idle is rough and noisy but that only lasts for about 10-15 sec. The ride is a little louder than others, such as Camry, and its not the smoothest on bumps. Also, I'm an engineer and it really bugs me that the computer over estimates mpg by nearly 3 mpg on avg. That's fraud in my opinion leading people to believe they are getting better mileage than they really are. I know there are better algorithms that could do a better job estimating. Reality is overall getting 28-29 mpg although it really depends on mow you drive it. Stay off the turbo and get 30+. But when you need that turbo its definitely there! Overall I love this car! Feels like driving an Infiniti M35 for the price of Honda Civic!"

Proud, happy, satisfied Sonata owner

By on Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Pros: "sleek, sexy, and fun - inside and out"

Cons: "not as roomy as I'd like"

"I bought my 2011 Sonata in June of 2011, and have had it just over a year. I didn't want to write a review until I had time to actually drive it to give an honest opinion. I...love...this...car. I opted for the 2.0 Turbo, and regret nothing! As someone else stated, it sacrifices a few miles if you have a heavy foot, but still gets good mileage. I'm not very technical as far as the way motors and cars work in general, so before buying I asked a lot of the engineers I work with (we manufacture parts for diesel engines, so most of these guys have strong opinions about cars). They were all very certain that the Sonata would be a great car. Like others who've reviewed, I test drove other cars - Mazdas, Fords, Scions, Volkswagons - but my mind stayed on the Sonata. I drove a Toyota Camry before I owned this, which I liked, but am very happy with my decision. I have the bluetooth, navigation, XM radio, etc., and am glad I got it. Sometimes the bluetooth doesn't always work on the first try, but always comes around. Also, the car was recalled not long after I got it, but not for anything major. It took them about 30 minutes with my car to solve the issue. Hyundai seems to be good at making the recalls in a timely fashion to ensure the safety of its customers. The only other thing that bothers me about the car is that there are currently no racks that can go on top of the car (like they can for Jettas or other sedans). I would like to be able to put a kayak rack on top, but want to make sure it is secure and safe. I paid around $27k for the car, and while I did not have a good experience in the purchasing process (Hyundai Dealership in Columbia, SC off of I-20, Clemson Road) I absolutely love this decision. If you are thinking about getting this car, do!"

Best vehicle I've owned.

By on Saturday, June 30, 2012

Pros: "NO COMPROMISES!!"

Cons: "None."

"Compared the Sonata to the Camry, Accord, Malibu and Fusion and couldn't come up with a reason to do anything but buy the Sonata. After the first year, the car is as good as advertised and better in many respects. On trips, I regularly get 40MPG (not hybrid!) and with the value Hyundai provided, I was able to buy after-market DVD players for the headrests (dealer installed) and the kids love them. I can't think of a single thing I compromised by getting the Sonata."

I love this car!

By on Monday, June 18, 2012

Pros: "quick stops, good pick-up, beautiful styling"

Cons: "Needs an auxiliary plug in back seat"

"I bought this car new right before Christmas 2011, and got most of the features on it; did cut out the rear camera, something I now regret. Also did not get the moon roof or guidance system (I have a very good Garmin), which I don't miss. The car handles very well, good on dry and wet roads; handles well in quick stops. It gets great gas mileage, if I can keep my foot off the gas. Making a game of more efficient driving helps make it easier. I average 32 - 33 mph in town (we have a lot of hills), and around 40 on the road. This car has plenty of room - I was surprised at the amount of leg room in the back seat. Good trunk space too - enough for two adults on a two week vacation. I got a great deal on this car, which makes it even better. Love it, and would definitely purchase another one."

Greatest value around

By on Saturday, August 25, 2012

Pros: "Great price , great looks fun to drive price good"

Cons: "No memory seat setting"

"I ain,t no spring chicken. Owned lots of very expensive cars. This one is great value fun to drive and makes me feel young. A whole lot less than the. Jag XKE V12 I once had. Gas mileage is good too. Great looking car."